• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Can we all go back to talking about our mixed feelings towards Brawl now?

Wolf was pretty awesome in that game. His voice was simply sublime... Though, it's inevitably not going to be the same if he comes back in Smash 4 and that saddens me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well i have receive a Warning because of a gif that i posted. Now i know that a certain word is a bad one. Now if you excuse me, i am going to repeat myself "Why i don't do nothing about it?!" 5000 times.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Wolf was pretty awesome in that game. His voice was simply sublime... Though, it's inevitably not going to be the same if he comes back in Smash 4 and that saddens me.
Actually, I think Wolf will have his Brawl-voice if he becomes DLC. Lower production costs et al.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Calm down please.... and let's drop this.
you're right.
lets talk about a true gem.
Henry.jpg

o-or brawl.

wolf was the master race :wolf:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

What is the Starfox 64 3D Wolf like?
Besides, Ness had a good change. For the first time in the 15 years past Smash 64 I can properly hear PK Thunder again.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't get the title. Can someone please inform me?

Not really, because every post I can see is important, and missing on posts hurts. :4dk:
A brief history lesson:

In the year 2000, a lot of computer programs stored dates in only two digits. (For example, "1999" would be saved as "99".) computers didn't have that much space back then, so every little bit of data shaved was important.

The problem was, the 99s would roll over to 00 (which would be interpreted as 1900). Keeping things in a specific order is important for a lot of computer programs to function properly, so a slip-up like that could and would cause a lot of errors and crashes. A lot of people panicked because most of the population didn't understand how computers worked at the time and thought that everything electronic would stop working.
This was known as the "Y2K" – or Year 2000 – panic.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I know Saikyoshi won't see this, but I want to go on record and apologize.

Whenever I visit this thread, I always make myself contribute something funny to the thread, and avoid @Flight - style token posts that don't contribute much of anything new. But in doing so, I shackle myself to trying to pull something funny out of anything that's the current point of discussion. Normally this works out fine (although the results are frequently hit-or-miss), but it also causes crap like this and my responses to Iwata's death a couple days ago, where I post really, really tasteless "jokes" in a desperate attempt to grab attention. I'd like to apologize for that too.

I think I want to try and post less often in the future, since a lack of something is usually better than a bad something, especially in cases like this.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

Whenever I visit this thread, I always make myself contribute something funny to the thread, and avoid @Flight - style token posts that don't contribute much of anything new. But in doing so, I shackle myself to trying to pull something funny out of anything that's the current point of discussion. Normally this works out fine (although the results are frequently hit-or-miss), but it also causes crap like this and my responses to Iwata's death a couple days ago, where I post really, really tasteless "jokes" in a desperate attempt to grab attention. I'd like to apologize for that too.

I think I want to try and post less often in the future, since a lack of something is usually better than a bad something, especially in cases like this.
you're fine, al. your jokes are usually appreciated, though sometimes its just the wrong time.
that being said, i still find you funny most of the time :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A brief history lesson:

In the year 2000, a lot of computer programs stored dates in only two digits. (For example, "1999" would be saved as "99".) computers didn't have that much space back then, so every little bit of data shaved was important.

The problem was, the 99s would roll over to 00 (which would be interpreted as 1900). Keeping things in a specific order is important for a lot of computer programs to function properly, so a slip-up like that could and would cause a lot of errors and crashes. A lot of people panicked because most of the population didn't understand how computers worked at the time and thought that everything electronic would stop working.
This was known as the "Y2K" – or Year 2000 – panic.
I remember this was supposed to happen again in I believe 2038 if they don't change the current space.
And if they do, we won't have to worry about it until the end of the universe. :4pacman:

EDIT : Oh by the way Al apologized to you, just in case you are completely unable to see it.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Actually, I think Wolf will have his Brawl-voice if he becomes DLC. Lower production costs et al.
You never know. They redid all of Roy's voice clips and I dunno if Ryu's voice clips are new or not.

What is the Starfox 64 3D Wolf like?
Besides, Ness had a good change. For the first time in the 15 years past Smash 64 I can properly hear PK Thunder again.
He has like that British accent, sort of like the original 64 game. I get that that's like the original voice for him, but I still like the other guy better.

And yes, yes Ness did.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What is going on here? I come back on my computer, i get a warning and some bad thing seem to have happen here. What the heck i miss?:4alph:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

The thing is, it seems less of you, and few people having a misunderstanding. You said a joke that someone took the wrong way. Now whether the joke was funny or not is up to people, but don't feel bad for yourself. It's not like you need to gather a reaction anyway, whether you want one or not.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

And I'd like to say sorry for being panicky and trigger-happy. Un-ignored.

I remember this was supposed to happen again in I believe 2038 if they don't change the current space.
And if they do, we won't have to worry about it until the end of the universe. :4pacman:

EDIT : Oh by the way Al apologized to you, just in case you are completely unable to see it.
That's just for Unix-based clocks on Linux systems. Nobody uses Linux. :troll:

And thanks for telling me about Al.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
guys one more page and i can post my dark souls 1 respect post yaaay.
n-not that anyone will care of course.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He has like that British accent, sort of like the original 64 game. I get that that's like the original voice for him, but I still like the other guy better.

And yes, yes Ness did.
I always thought in Melee Ness said "PK Tender!"
Also, I don't mind a bit of british in my game. :4shulk:

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I always thought in Melee Ness said "PK Tender!"
Also, I don't mind a bit of british in my game. :4shulk:
And a lot of people (I think including me) had no clue that he was saying "PK Flash". It's still kind of hard to hear, but it's clearer at least.

A bit of British is good, but it still sounds funky when I hear it on Wolf...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm unaware of what I'd done to Saikyoshi before to get me on thin ice.
But, again, Saikyoshi's ice seemed to be particularly thin everywhere.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I want to post this Wario mashup, but because of the language I can't post it. The most I can say is it's from BotanicSage and the song fits Wario so well.

And a lot of people (I think including me) had no clue that he was saying "PK Flash". It's still kind of hard to hear, but it's clearer at least.
I thought he was saying "You can't pulse!" as a kid, which made no sense. Even when I realized what he was saying it still sounded like "PK Pulse!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom