• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I bet when Fates comes out in the west, my irl friends and brother will blacklist me for being to OP. :4robinm:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pit > Dark Pit

Seriously, they should of kept Dark Pit as an alt. Chrom would of been more unique. The downside is that there would then be 3 newcomers from Awakening, which would be a bit over the top. I mean, we already have ENOUGH MARIO CHARACTERS.
I actually like playing as Doc Mario. He's got a few different things going for him, namely Tornado and Down-Air. He surprisingly feels like a different character. With Dark Pit, only his Arrows feel differently in gameplay.

Well, there's people that know nothing about the series and others that still think he's called Zelda.
I'm sure most people had moments like that at some point. And everyone thought Samus' name was Metroid.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Your irl Friends will get jelly that you spend so much time rubbing Arthur....s face
Lol, all of Arthur's weapons will be named "Buzz L", "Zapp B", "Gaston", "Cap Amer", and other parody names.

Granted, they will still be OP as hell. :4robinf:

Soul.

It's the same as in Awakening, but this time it's possible to not get all children if you marry the wrong male/female.
huh. that's.... interesting. So now you have to find the "chosen one."
inb4 lenny face

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You know something confusing to me from Fates? Kanna.

If you homo!marry Corrin with Sallya/Zero, Kanna is supposed to be adopted, right?

Then how does he/she works if Corrin het!marries?

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I still want Emmeryn to fall into battle.

It's okay to say that because she still lives

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Lol, all of Arthur's weapons will be named "Buzz L", "Zapp B", "Gaston", "Cap Amer", and other parody names.

Granted, they will still be OP as hell. :4robinf:
You made Arthur very happy, Space.

Man, this stuff is great, yet creepy.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I bet when Fates comes out in the west, my irl friends and brother will blacklist me for being to OP. :4robinm:
My units are always pretty weak :,)

I don't min/max or get their best skills, I rarely ever reclass them either. I just like playing like in previous games,if your unit ended up lame that was it.(More actioooon, more death, more replaaays)

The only thing I saw though... you don't have kids if you go SSSS? (same-sex s support)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Also in case you don't know @ Tangamanga Tangamanga , unlike Awakening the children are tied to their fathers instead of mothers (Fem!Corrin and Azura being the only exceptions)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You know something confusing to me from Fates? Kanna.

If you homo!marry Corrin with Sallya/Zero, Kannais supposed to be adopted, right?

Then how does he/she works if Corrin het!marries?
Kanna doesn't get a paralouge if you marry Zero or Not!Tharja. Kamui x Zero's ending mentions that they adopted a child. Ironically, Zero's daughter if he marries a woman is said to be adopted and harbors a liking for guy-on-guy action. :4robinf:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's the other thing too...I never really saw Chrom as bland. Especially when considering that Stahl, Gregor (outside the accent), and a few of the children characters make him seem like the most interesting man in the world. :/ Ah well, just my opinion.

I just feel like the "carbon copy" thing was such a cop out...especially since the conversation was riddled with inaccuracies and hypocrisy.

I don't know...maybe it's just me, but even forgetting that I'm a Chrom fan, I just find it incredibly jarring to not have one of the game's main characters (and arguably THE main character) in the game while a tertiary protagonist is playable. :/ Almost a year later and it still doesn't sit well with me, haha.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Pit > Dark Pit

Seriously, they should of kept Dark Pit as an alt. Chrom would of been more unique. The downside is that there would then be 3 newcomers from Awakening, which would be a bit over the top. I mean, we already have ENOUGH MARIO CHARACTERS.
It was too complicated for Sakurai and his team to look at Project M and say "Yeah, we should do that".
Instead, we're stuck with 3 characters that nobody really knows what to do with them.

And seriously, of all the "clones", Dark Pit is the one who suffered the most.
Doc ? Yeah, he's just Mario in a doctor suit, so it's normal he has similar moves.
Lucina ? Well, she was disguised as Marth, so her playstyle has a reason.

But Dark Pit ? Wasn't his whole character based around his "independence" ? You know, trying to get out of the clone archetype and being original ? Well apparently, having "more time" is a reason for Sakurai to destroy his "own" character by making him exactly like Pit, with barely any differences to make him play different. Heck, even his "codec" easter egg is wrong. He's supposed to be independent, yet he "somehow" works for a goddess. It's against his character.

Shame on you Sakurai, you destroyed your "Own Original Character".

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

カワシさん

I actually like playing as Doc Mario. He's got a few different things going for him, namely Tornado and Down-Air. He surprisingly feels like a different character. With Dark Pit, only his Arrows feel differently in gameplay.
Same. The Doc is one of my secondaries. I've tried Mario and he's just.. I'm awful with him. Doctor Mario is better. Same with Marth-Lucina. Marth feels better for me than Lucina. I main Pit and Dark Pit plays almost the exact same.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
That's the other thing too...I never really saw Chrom as bland. Especially when considering that Stahl, Gregor (outside the accent), and a few of the children characters make him seem like the most interesting man in the world. :/ Ah well, just my opinion.

I just feel like the "carbon copy" thing was such a cop out...especially since the conversation was riddled with inaccuracies and hypocrisy.

I don't know...maybe it's just me, but even forgetting that I'm a Chrom fan, I just find it incredibly jarring to not have one of the game's main characters (and arguably THE main character) in the game while a tertiary protagonist is playable. :/ Almost a year later and it still doesn't sit well with me, haha.
Aww, it's ok, but you've gotta admit smash brothers needed the fire emblem representation that Robin brought. (Magic! Weapon Durability!) Lucina should of have had a different moveset though :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FE Heavy is bland? Brb removing Opossum from his mod position because he made a poor judgment.

YAY!
[bows down]
I AM NOT WORTHY! I AM NOT WORTHY!

Or the one that makes your children OP. :^)
I mean, take out the accent. Beyond that he's essentially a generic mercenary, except a bit older, but not old enough to be the cool old guy. The accent made him funny, yeah, but beyond that he didn't have much.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lurking over a Fire Emblem discussion sucks. It's like watching a foreign language show to me.

I played it once- didn't like it. And all I'm picking up from the topics of the game covered here is blue hair colors, sexualzation and marriage.

Makes me want to play Sims strangely enough. :younglinkmelee:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
It was too complicated for Sakurai and his team to look at Project M and say "Yeah, we should do that".
Instead, we're stuck with 3 characters that nobody really knows what to do with them.

And seriously, of all the "clones", Dark Pit is the one who suffered the most.
Doc ? Yeah, he's just Mario in a doctor suit, so it's normal he has similar moves.
Lucina ? Well, she was disguised as Marth, so her playstyle has a reason.

But Dark Pit ? Wasn't his whole character based around his "independence" ? You know, trying to get out of the clone archetype and being original ? Well apparently, having "more time" is a reason for Sakurai to destroy his "own" character by making him exactly like Pit, with barely any differences to make him play different. Heck, even his "codec" easter egg is wrong. He's supposed to be independent, yet he "somehow" works for a goddess. It's against his character.

Shame on you Sakurai, you destroyed your "Own Original Character".
Poor poor pittoo :( Why couldn't he have a cool moveset with the dark pit staff?

Lurking over a Fire Emblem discussion sucks. It's like watching a foreign language show to me.

I played it once- didn't like it. And all I'm picking up from the topics of the game covered here is blue hair colors, sexualzation and marriage.

Did you ever try out Ike's games though? His story is pretty cool. I can get it if you don't like the whole glorified chess/rockpaperscissors fancy rainbow colored characters gameplay though, it's just not for everyone.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
It's weird, I can't play Pit, yet can play Dark Pit; Even though they play almost exactly the same...

It's pretty much the same deal with Marth and Lucina, though that has more to deal with spacing than anything.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:marthmelee: "LET'S DANCE!"
I mean, take out the accent. Beyond that he's essentially a generic mercenary, except a bit older, but not old enough to be the cool old guy. The accent made him funny, yeah, but beyond that he didn't have much.
He isn't my favorite mercenary for sure (all 3 GBA mercs take the cake) but yeah the accent and his backstory made me warm up to him more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aww, it's ok, but you've gotta admit smash brothers needed the fire emblem representation that Robin brought. (Magic! Weapon Durability!) Lucina should of have had a different moveset though :(
Robin's not the one I'm upset about, haha. :p My ideal FE roster pre-launch was Marth-Ike-Chrom plus Robin if they had time. I was only closeted in my support for him in the case that he'd get in the way of Chrom. :p

In my perfect world Lucina would be in Robin's Final Smash while Chrom was his own unique character, utilizing all the cool things he got once he upgraded to Great Lord status.

カワシさん

Because Sims includes blue hair colors, sexualization, and marriage.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I just had two single-digit criticals (8% and 6%, respectively) happen back-to-back in Fire Emblem Awakening, both of them happening as a result of switching to Steel Weapons (an axe and a sword, respectively). The lesson here, readers, is to always fear the chance of a critical; unless your opponents are weak enough that it doesn't matter.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'd rather have an axe or lance user in for the next FE fighter.

Azura or Ephraim, anyone?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Gregor, huh? Yeah, outside his accent he isn't that interesting, but that accent is amazing, though.

I'd rather have an axe or lance user in for the next FE fighter.

Azura or Ephraim, anyone?
I think Azura would be the more realistic pick, plus I think they could give her some dancing-inspired moves as well. Imagine GameFAQs: 'Yes, we can finally decide who has the better feet!'

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Robin's not the one I'm upset about, haha. :p My ideal FE roster pre-launch was Marth-Ike-Chrom plus Robin if they had time. I was only closeted in my support for him in the case that he'd get in the way of Chrom. :p

In my perfect world Lucina would be in Robin's Final Smash while Chrom was his own unique character, utilizing all the cool things he got once he upgraded to Great Lord status.
And now, be amazed as Chrom finally dons armor in his other shoulder!

I like Robin's Final smash a lot haha, Ignis as a FS would of have been cool too.

:marthmelee: "LET'S DANCE!"

He isn't my favorite mercenary for sure (all 3 GBA mercs take the cake) but yeah the accent and his backstory made me warm up to him more.
DID YOU SAY... LET'S DANCE?

I'm sorry... the spastic falchion will never get old for me.

Soul.

Because we'd like to promote the latest game in the series, you can have your singing, dancing lance user with water! -Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom