• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why don't I have Splatoon yet.

I never bothered to look into it much and it looks so fun. :D

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why don't I have Splatoon yet.

I never bothered to look into it much and it looks so fun. :D
You should buy it. You can turn into a kid. And then turn into a squid.

SPLOOGE GUNS!

Why is the kid there exactly?

This is one of the things I missed...

He's one of the commentator's son. The one sitting to the right of him.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Earthbound 0 is getting an official English release in all it's broken glory. Meh.

Fun fact: Itoi has stated that the whole reason you can rename the main characters in Earthbound 1 was so that you could decide if they're the same characters from the original or not. Kinda ruins Ninten's chances for Smash, doesn't it? ;)

Itoi: The player names the main characters, so those who played M1 might use those same names this time. But people who started the series from M2 might feel like everything starts at that point. That’s why you can either see them as the same kid, or as two different kids.

Interviewer: Hmm, like it could go either way.

Itoi: I see no problem with thinking of them as the same person. It’s fine if people see them as different, though. I leave it up to them to decide.

As for the whole "Ninten is Ness' dad" theory, that would mean Zero would have to take place in 1980 on the dot for Ness to be born to 18 year old parents in 1986, and then defeat Giygas at 12yrs 11mths in 1999, just one year before the Millennium. This already seems dodgy enough, (A twenty year gap with almost no technological advances or cultural changes! I'd say Zero seems more 1987ish, Earthbound seems more 1993ish) but then throw in that 1985's Super Mario Bros is mentioned in Zero and the whole the theory falls apart.

P.S I don't actually believe that Ninten and Ness are closely related at all, this is just itoi's perspective.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just got back after a long day. What all did I missed?
-:4lucas:, :4feroy: and :4ryu: have been released with Amiibos confirmed and for :4mewtwo:
-Suzaku Castle (Wii U/3DS), Dreamland 64 (Wii U/3DS) and Miiverse (Wii U) stages have been released (the Miiverse one been included in the new update), also Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach Castle 64 have been announced
-Mega Man.EXE, Zero, Isabelle, Heihachi, Inklings, Jacky and Akira costumes have been released
-4th Amiibo wave: :4gaw:, :4duckhunt:, :4falco: and :4rob:. Also :4gaw: will have multiple poses
-:4miibrawl:, :4miigun: and:4miisword: Amiibos
-Tournament Mode will be released in August
-Nintendo World Championships 2015
-:4ryu: is top tier
-Mother in the Virtual Console

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"I have a trick question for all of you!"
Don't you ****ing dare
"Are you a Squid"
DON'T YOU ****ING DARE
"OR ARE YOU A KID?"
GODDAMNIT
*cringes*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I will definitely be getting Splatoon. It looks way too fun for me to miss out on.

Not sure how soon due to the price, but definitely asap.
But what is the price stays 60 and you cant get it asap

I am also waiting for thee price That and the "DLC" for Stuff that should already be in the game

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm sorry and I know he can't help it because of his age, but I'm not a big fan of the kid.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never really thought the Kid/Squid joke was all that funny. And it's little more than a worn joke by now. Although, if it's done in a way like an edited and cleverly captioned image or is told in a way that isn't the same old "Are you a kid or squid?" question, it might still give me a good laugh.

I've heard and seen more than enough people say "Are you a kid or a squid?" though.....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Are the new stages legal?
Dream Land? Of course, it's Battlefield with a Tree.
Miiverse? Of course, it's Battlefield with silly Miiverse posts.
Ryu's Temple Place? Probably not.
It isn't battlefield :4pacman:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
GASP! SOMEONE TRIED TO SAVE A RESTORE POINT.

Also, Black Nerd did the Zelda rap... well I can't say it wasn't expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom