• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If they've bothered translating Mother 1 after all these years, this probably means Mother 3 now has a strong possibility of finally being ported.
Actually, the game was fully translated and localized into English back in the 90's before it was canceled in North America (the prototype ROM has been leaked AGES ago).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here are the (Wii U) Boxing Ring character titles for the new characters, fyi (same in both America & Europe):

:4lucas: Boy from Nowhere
:4feroy: The Young Lion
:4ryu: Tireless Wanderer
"
That's also what they're called in the 3ds version when you "unlock" them.
Also, they can all make the temple jump.
Though that's not surprising, because every character in this game can make the temple jump.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Actually, the game was fully translated and localized into English back in the 90's before it was canceled in North America (the prototype ROM has been leaked AGES ago).
Either way, the Mother fanbase is either really excited for Mother 1 or really distraught there's still no Mother 3 localisation.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
GGs @ Space Stranger Space Stranger . Thanks to you, I could test out a bit our 3 new characters (and play a little bit with Mac and Mii Gunner for the fun). So, here are my first impressions :
  • :4lucas: : He's the same as before and I feel he won't be played as much as his friend :4ness:. He feels inferior in some areas where Ness is stronger, and they are usually the important ones. His grab is...bad, at least for me. His specials are nice, but his normal moves are too slow in my opinion. In fact, Lucas feels slow compared to Ness, wich is bad in a game like Smash 4 where speed is still important. He's still nice to play, but he's not my kind of character.
  • :4feroy: : Oh boy, Roy is a strong one. Compared to Melee, he's 10 times better. See, Roy covers pratically every problem the other FE characters has in this game (except Robin, who's totally different). Where Marth, Lucina and Ike struggles at doing combos, Roy does extremely good ones and are very melee-ish. And where all of the three other knights needed more speed, Roy covers it with his good mobility and fast movement. The only problem Roy has is his range. It feels pretty pathetic to hit with the tip, especially with the hit sound it gaves by doing it. Roy also struggles from his recovery, but that's not new. Overall, Roy feels stronger than the other FE knights, and will probably be higher than them in tier lists. Smash 4 helped him a lot for sure.
  • :4ryu: : Ryu...is weird to play. Not weird in the bad way, but weird in the good way. He plays just like Street Fighter, with pratically all of his kill moves being in combos. The problem with Ryu however is the controls. See, all of his moves can have great power if done like in Street Fighter. But, as we all know, normal controllers sucks at doing that, especially the 3DS. Wich means, you have to be super precise to kill with Ryu. Is he bad ? No, he's awesome, and could easily destroy anyone if well played. We just need to learn his combos, how to do them in Smash and we'll have a great character. For now, Ryu will look like an idiot controlled by players who're mashing buttons to do stuff. Oh yeah, his recovery is super punishable, even more than Mac in my opinion. The Shoryuken can't sweetspot the ledge very well and the tatsumaki is really punishable if read correctly. But other than that, the challenger is good.

That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.
And sorry @ Silvera Silvera that I couldn't play with you.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Aww, that kid is adorably asian.

And 9 years old? Kid's got balls to go on stage, even if he's with his dad.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Splatoon for Round One. Ho-Hum.
Sounds exciting, lessee what'll happen :4pacman:

Still looking out for Dream Land 64, my Mum said she can't get it (even though it's pretty cheap) so I'm gonna have to scout around.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, so Mother's gotten translated?

Argh I've been missing a lot....can anyone get me caught up on the major stuff real quick?
A new Woolly World level has been shown,
Mother 1 (Now known as Earthbound Beginnings) is coming soon (There was a specific date but I forgot it)
Splatoon's in Round One, we're currently in Match 2 of Group 1 in a best 2-of-3 game. :4pacman:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
God damnit
There's a thunderstorm going on
Pray for no Power Outage
:4lucas://

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Splatoon still looks really fun. Not sure if I want to wait for it still though, given it's current price.
If you're not bothered about content, you'll love it from the start. It's pretty addictive. The only problem is you stop unlocking weapons when you reach level 20, and there's currently only 6 maps available online. They're releasing new maps overtime, but right now, multiplayer can get stale pretty quick from playing the same map rotations.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So today at 7pm PST (10pm EST) is the release of EarthBound Beginnings (Mother 1).

My eShop balance already got ***** from Smash today but it looks like I'm buying yet another thing from the eShop.:crazy:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Once games are the price they are at, they don't change so I'm guessing it will stay at 60 for a while
If you're not bothered about content, you'll love it from the start. It's pretty addictive. The only problem is you stop unlocking weapons when you reach level 20, and there's currently only 6 maps available online. They're releasing new maps overtime, but right now, multiplayer can get stale pretty quick from playing the same map rotations.
Hmm. Well, being among those to be in the game's community from roughly around the start would be nice.

For now I guess I'll just think about it for a while longer.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So is the Mother series now technically established as the Earthbound series outside of Japan? I wonder what the 3rd title would be called if they rename it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So is the Mother series now technically established as the Earthbound series outside of Japan? I wonder what the 3rd title would be called if they rename it.
I usually hear Earthbound 2, but since Mother 1 is called Earthbound Beginnings...that's a good question.

50 bucks that Mother 3 (which I'm betting it'll be called "EarthBound 2") will be announced on Nintendo's show.
I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom