• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That Akira costume looks like something out of Minecraft.

:231:
From what i see in the comment, Akira apparaence is based of the first Virtual Fighter, which it's look like this:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The worst is, it's not the first time he did this.
Remember "Asura's Wrath" ? Yeah, Ryu ****ing fought a god, turned evil and got his nuts exploded. Literally.

Ryu, traveller of universes.
Don't forget that time he fought Wolverine and Spider-Man. Or when he wanted to kick Casshern in the nuts.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Like that person said, it's based off of his very first appearance. And he is an early 3-D character. Though I don't remember Virtua Fighter being on Nintendo systems. I know Tekken and Street Fighter have had a few each.
While Sony and Microsoft got VF5, we got Virtua Quest on the Gamecube and the Genesis version of VF2 on the virtual console. Make of that what you will :)

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
The worst is, it's not the first time he did this.
Remember "Asura's Wrath" ? Yeah, Ryu ****ing fought a god, turned evil and got his nuts exploded. Literally.

Ryu, traveller of universes.
Man, Ryu's been in some strange a** situations.

The worst part about all of this though is that Ryu is really being released for Smash, a game that is dramatically easier than SF. This means For Glory players will have their greasy hands on him.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

The worst part about all of this though is that Ryu is really being released for Smash, a game that is dramatically easier than SF. This means For Glory players will have their greasy hands on him.

Prepare for Hadouken spam on For Glory.:4myfriends:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
What's next with those leaks ? Jotaro and Dio confirmed ?
tumblr_npuhfo3MzD1s0fo0zo1_500.gif

He looks to be combo based like in his games, so I dunno. Maybe they balanced the hadouken to be less spammy. Or it's just gonna be like Link's inventory spam in Smash. Arrows everywhere.

Also, note that at the end of the Asura VS Ryu fight, Ryu is getting kicked out of the game and goes into an other dimension.
Ryu just got in Smash by accident. Two times in row, the dude is in an other universe for no reason and never asked for it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While Sony and Microsoft got VF5, we got Virtua Quest on the Gamecube and the Genesis version of VF2 on the virtual console. Make of that what you will :)
I suppose that does count. I think he also showed up in Project Cross Zone too. Was he playable in those Sonic Racing games too? I want to say that he is. Which would still count as being on Nintendo consoles.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What's next with those leaks ? Jotaro and Dio confirmed ?
View attachment 56384

He looks to be combo based like in his games, so I dunno. Maybe they balanced the hadouken to be less spammy. Or it's just gonna be like Link's inventory spam in Smash. Arrows everywhere.

Also, note that at the end of the Asura VS Ryu fight, Ryu is getting kicked out of the game and goes into an other dimension.
Ryu just got in Smash by accident. Two times in row, the dude is in an other universe for no reason and never asked for it.
Poor Ryu, his nuts are going to be broke again after Asura Wrath. (It's looking really painful when Asura have broken Evil Ryu nut's)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ryu's theme :
Byotiful.
That's some Street Fightin'. This is a good version of the classic theme. From what I understand, only SF2 Ryu and Ken themes are in the game. I do like his Third Strike theme, but that never got an official Nintendo version, so I understand why.

Doesn't explain the lack of Guile though.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
No revamp? Why?

Seriously, why do past stages have to look the exact same?

Because they'll be accused of ripping of Project M lol

I don't mind it so much because it reminds me of what they did for Melee too. Just happy to have more competitively friendly stages in this and Miiverse. Plus Ryu's temple will probably be like Final Destination - hopefully it's not a straight walkoff.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
If this is what the hype levels have gotten to with the conformation of characters who were leaked months ago imagine the hype in October when they patch in the ballot 'winners' before they're officially announced:denzel:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, if Kyle Hebert does voice Ryu again, that'll be the closest we get to having Gohan in Smash. Meanwhile Captain Falcon is voiced by Vegeta and Lucario is voiced by Goku. People can finally stop asking for them in Smash. It happened. Don't mind my rambling.

cough

cough
Kind of looks like they used his Street Fighter 4 model. I might be wrong though. Cool trophy though.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think I'll seriously try getting into Street Fighter now.

Good luck, it can cost you a lot for an Arcade controller. And finding your main can be a pain.
My mains were Ryu and Dan in Street Fighter IV.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seriously.

Also speaking of Ken

OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO GOOD!!! I HAVE TOO MUCH HYPE!!! I NEED A ADULT RIGHT NOW!!!!! (i like you if you know the reference.)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Good luck, it can cost you a lot for an Arcade controller. And finding your main can be a pain.
My mains were Ryu and Dan in Street Fighter IV.
Eeeh, I'm not really planning to go full-on hardcore. Familiarising myself is the bigger goal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, a lot of cool **** just got thrown at us in such a short time. Aside from more in-depth gameplay, I wonder what else the direct could have in store for us.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641

There was a sale on Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition recently. IDK if its still on or not.

Also depending on what consoles you have I'd def recommend the Marvel vs. Capcom series. They seem to be a little easier to get into, they've got the crossover thing going for them, and they're just so darn fast and insane. I can't recommend MvC3 though because I haven't played it but 2 is my favorite and you can get that on just about any Non-nintendo system now (even iOS...)

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

So will I!
This is some next level of deep.
SF4 is a good place to start (PC, PS3, X360, PS4, 3DS). PS4 as a whole is a good place for Street Fightin now, with USF4 as the best version of the game (after patching), and SF5 is a comin next year. On PC you have the added advantage of having stuff like WinKawaks and MAME for older games in the series. WiiU has Super and Turbo, but for some reason lacks Super Turbo as a whole which stinks. It also has Alpha 2 but Im not sure how good is that port, and the game itself isnt as good as Alpha 3 (IMO). Same with SSF4 on 3DS, while a solid port it lacks the upgrades from AE and Ultra.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Max is literally the first person I thought of when I saw the leak. He's literally going to ****ing s*** himself seeing this I cannot wait for his reaction.
Me too! I love his video! Homever he said in one of his video that he would have liked to see Ryu in 2D like in Street Fighter 2 so i don't know how he would react to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom