• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People enjoyed Chicken Little?
I think only one person said they liked it. I just found that it was...there. Almost like a filler movie of sorts. It exists, but not much else.

If you really want to start a flame war, we can talk about Man of Steel.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What was wrong with Chicken Little again?
  • Every secondary character is an unredeeming jerk to the protagonist
  • Forgettable cast
  • Chicken Little's father is easily the worst out of the bunch for his countless display acting as a bystander to the constant ridicule his son receives
  • Weak plot
Positives:
  • The action movie parody film at the end
  • Patrick Warburton's voice for one of the aliens

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
There is no such thing as a false opinion. Thats basically saying " Your opinion is wrong"
Well, if you have an opinion that goes against established facts like say if you hold the opinion that, "the earth is flat", that would be a "false opinion".

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You guys do realize I used that "incorrect opinion" line as a joke, right?

I was outwardly expressing my disgust by the fact that people enjoyed that film despite its many flaws, mainly the characters.
To finish the talk,here is Stereotype:the animation.
View attachment 54547
Home on the Range and Meet the Robinsons are the few "Dark Age Y2K" Disney films I enjoy and can tolerate.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To finish the talk,here is Stereotype:the animation.
View attachment 54547
Can someone explain to me why this movie is considered so bad? It's a serious question because even if i see some bad thing right now. I can't see all since the last time i see this movie.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I found Chicken Little to be forgettable. From what I do remember about it, I didn't like most of the characters and the ones I did left little impression on me, and the same held true for the story in general.

I heard Monster Hunter being talked about. I guess I'm into it now.
I must get MHX, but I need to buy another day since my current one's circle pad is... well worn out, like my gamecube controllers. D:

Not sure what else to say bout MH atm (I'll have more later), so have a little gif of everyone's favorite evil pickle monster dancing.
Get that quest-ruining abomination out of here!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, if you have an opinion that goes against established facts like say if you hold the opinion that, "the earth is flat", that would be a "false opinion".
Still sounds pretty stupid, even if people try to put logic on it
Get that quest-ruining abomination out of here!
Is that monster really THAT bad?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I was outwardly expressing my disgust by the fact that people enjoyed that film despite its many flaws, mainly the characters.

Home on the Range and Meet the Robinsons are the few "Dark Age Y2K" Disney films I enjoy and can tolerate.
I forget Home on the Range even existed. Also, you don't like the Atlantis movies? I thought they were pretty alright.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Of course.

Also, I will admit I only watched Chicken Little once and that was around the year it came out. So there may be some "nostalgia" that's blinding me, so to speak. And of course, there's also my low interest in films in general which would mean I'd think and be less miffed by flaws.

As for Home on the Range, I've never seen it. Did see Meet the Robinsons and liked it though. Though less than Chicken Little actually.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I forget Home on the Range even existed. Also, you don't like the Atlantis movies? I thought they were pretty alright.
Heh, I always lumped Lilo & Stitch, Atlanits, and Treasure Planet as the "leftovers from the Renaissance".

The latter two are highly underrated and everyone should at least see it once.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Heh, I always lumped Lilo & Stitch, Atlanits, and Treasure Planet as the "leftovers from the Renaissance".

The latter two are highly underrated and everyone should at least see it once.
Treasure Planet was really a good movie for me! I have to re-see it homever for said that with not only nostalgia but from what i remember, it's a good movie at least right?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Atlantis was very good imo
L&S it's meh at is best
Treasure Planet is good, but barely I remember it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Of course.

Also, I will admit I only watched Chicken Little once and that was around the year it came out. So there may be some "nostalgia" that's blinding me, so to speak. And of course, there's also my low interest in films in general which would mean I'd think and be less miffed by flaws.

As for Home on the Range, I've never seen it. Did see Meet the Robinsons and liked it though. Though less than Chicken Little actually.
I need to watch Meet the Robinsons again

D

Deleted member

I don't watch the Disney movies nor like them (pretty neutral in that regard). *goes back to lurking*

I'm not sorry. :troll:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Treasure Planet was really a good movie for me! I have to re-see it homever for said that with not only nostalgia but from what i remember, it's a good movie at least right?
I rewatched Treasure Planet a year ago and I still liked it. So even without nostalgia you might like it. It's a pretty good movie regardless.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't watch the Disney movies nor like them (pretty neutral in that regard). *goes back to lurking*

I'm not sorry. :troll:
You're win this thread.
I rewatched Treasure Planet a year ago and I still liked it. So even without nostalgia you might like it. It's a pretty good movie regardless.
Thank, because i see alot of time this movie when i founded and i think i'm going to rewatched one more time. Sometime.....

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Opinions are opinions. However, I find that if your opinion on something is biased, flawed, or lack any strong education or support, people have the right to point fingers at your weak opinion.

E.g. "I'm not interested in the Lord of the Rings. I am not a fan of fantasy worlds involving mythology wizards and orcs, but I cannot call it a bad film series either as I have not watched enough to critique it properly." - A justified opinion based simply on one's own preference in film genres.

E.g. "I don't like Lord of the Rings at all. The characters are look dumb in their make-up and ugly costumes, and the whole plot is complicated and nonsensical. I'm glad I stopped after the first one." - A weak opinion, as it labels the whole series as awful, despite not fully finishing the series, and does not comprehend the kind of fantasy world the film is based on, and why their characters appear as they are that fits with the film's mythology.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Opinions are opinions. However, I find that if your opinion on something is biased, flawed, or lack any strong education or support, people have the right to point fingers at your weak opinion.

E.g. "I'm not interested in the Lord of the Rings. I am not a fan of fantasy worlds involving mythology wizards and orcs, but I cannot call it a bad film series either as I have not watched enough to critique it properly." - A justified opinion based simply on one's own preference in film genres.

E.g. "I don't like Lord of the Rings at all. The characters are look dumb in their make-up and ugly costumes, and the whole plot is complicated and nonsensical. I'm glad I stopped after the first one." - A weak opinion, as it labels the whole series as awful, despite not fully finishing the series, and does not comprehend the kind of fantasy world the film is based on, and why their characters appear as they are that fits with the film's mythology.
Brb posting this on all ends of the internet and buying more flame shields for the backlash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I actually see this type of opinion a lot. XD its funny

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I liked Meet the Robinsons as well, it was a fun movie with a nice recurring message to it for the main character. Atlantis and Treasure Planet were also pretty good movies and it's a shame that unlike Lilo and Stitch, both of them fell completely under the radar.

Is that monster really THAT bad?
Well it's not horrible, but the Deviljho has a nasty tendency to pop into high and G rank quests where it's not wanted, and it will come after you alongside your mark and made it hard to focus on the latter. The best thing to do for it is to always keep a couple dung bombs on hand as you can chase it off using them and then refocus your attention on where it should be.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, it's not horrible, but the Deviljho has a nasty tendency to pop into high and G rank quests where it's not wanted, and it will come after you alongside your mark and made it hard to focus on the latter. The best thing to do for it is to always keep a couple dung bombs on hand as you can chase it off using them and then refocus your attention on where it should be.
*looks it up*
Oooooh no its in MH 4, welp, thank for the warning

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Brb posting this on all ends of the internet and buying more flame shields for the backlash.
Err, I would like to say, err, I am not associated with this cowboy. Please refer all your backlashes to a Mr. Space Stranger, and I besiege to you all a good day.

*dash dash dash dash...*

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Meet the Robinsons is meh to me, not bad but not something I'd be a fan of. I already expressed my opinion on Home on the Range. Treasure Planet just entertains me, but not to the level of the classics or modern Disney movies. Atlantis I actually liked it. I loved Lilo & Stitch as a kid, taking in mind it's sequel is actually good unlike almost every 2000 Disney sequels gives it more points.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Internet is amazing someone shares something on it,and you instantly can turn into a opinions clash debate.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Err, I would like to say, err, I am not associated with this cowboy. Please refer all your backlashes to a Mr. Space Stranger, and I besiege to you all a good day.

*dash dash dash dash...*
Too late Mr. Works, you are guilty by association.

Enjoy your execution by the hands of whiny internet warriors with NES staffs and Keyboard armor. :4dedede:

_gold_

Smash Master
Good day fellow inmates
You know what really grinds my gears (insert meme here)? Is that Sherlock takes about 4 years in between seasons, with only four episodes in each season. Rubbish.
@Flight confirmed to be @ Soul. Soul. alt
Flight starts with an "F", Half Life has a "F" in it too. Half Life 3 confirmed.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Good day fellow inmates
You know what really grinds my gears (insert meme here)? Is that Sherlock takes about 4 years in between seasons, with only four episodes in each season. Rubbish.
I dunno, that sounds less grinding than Metroid, F-Zero or Star Fox fans.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Meet the Robinsons is meh to me, not bad but not something I'd be a fan of. I already expressed my opinion on Home on the Range. Treasure Planet just entertains me, but not to the level of the classics or modern Disney movies. Atlantis I actually liked it. I loved Lilo & Stitch as a kid, taking in mind it's sequel is actually good unlike almost every 2000 Disney sequels gives it more points.
Lilo & Stitch had the best opening ever.

That dancing was beautiful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom