• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What's a Haast's Eagle?

I totally agree on Dunkleosteus, though.
It's an extinct species of eagle. Used to live in New Zeeland. Best know for hunting Moas. ...and humans.
One of the largest flying birds ever. The biggest flying bird would be argentavis.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
And today I am getting new internet service hooked up.

No more of this crap anymore:

They couldn't give me FiOS because my location doesn't qualify.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If you could have any animal or mythological creature as a Pokémon that isn't one already, what would it be?

Feel free to pick more than one.
I still don't understand why there hasn't been a pokemon based on a dolphin yet. Earlier I wanted a sauropod dinosaur pokemon, but then Aurorus came along.

That looks so cool
They lived as recently as the 19th century, actually. Yes, we killed them off, in other words.

:231:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
View attachment 54517
This better with you? I was taking a shower...
Looks better. And my god, this Yoshi toy looks more like a bootleg than anything else.
Joshy, is that you ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I remade my custom sets a bit, for the Miis at least. I got more Miis, with the full quartet of Nichijou. I found them on the internet, wich were better than the ones I did. I also made Izumi Sakurai, from again Nichijou. It's not perfect, but it looks alright. Here's the QR codes for those who wants (not a lot will). Also, obligatory @ FalKoopa FalKoopa tagging here due to Izumi Sakurai in there :

QR Code Nichijou Miis.png
Now I have to transfer the new sets to the Wah U.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's an extinct species of eagle. Used to live in New Zeeland. Best know for hunting Moas. ...and humans.
One of the largest flying birds ever. The biggest flying bird would be argentavis.
Huh. Most of my fossil knowledge is pre-Tertiary, so I wasn't familiar.

My vote goes to Deinocherius as far as Fossil Pokemon go.

Duck billed, spine backed, Freddy Krueger clawed large plant eating theropod.

Just for the hilarity of it.

I'd probably be more likely to actually use a Stegosaurus, though.

And @ FalKoopa FalKoopa I think the anime tried to pass off Lanturn as one but yeah I would totally love an actual dolphin in Pokemon.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Mattpatt cashgrab theories featuring popular internet series hype.:4wario2:

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
If you could have any animal or mythological creature as a Pokémon that isn't one already, what would it be?

Feel free to pick more than one.
One animal I'm baffled hasn't had a pokemon yet is the peacock. There's a lot of potential there.
And I guess a platypus pokemon as well. Though you can argue Psyduck, while obviously a duck, still looks like one and so covered those bases.
I have no knowledge in terms of mythological creatures, besides the ones in popular culture(griffins, dragons, etc.) to think of any, let alone to think of any that Pokemon hasn't covered yet.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Looks better. And my god, this Yoshi toy looks more like a bootleg than anything else.
Joshy, is that you ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I remade my custom sets a bit, for the Miis at least. I got more Miis, with the full quartet of Nichijou. I found them on the internet, wich were better than the ones I did. I also made Izumi Sakurai, from again Nichijou. It's not perfect, but it looks alright. Here's the QR codes for those who wants (not a lot will). Also, obligatory @ FalKoopa FalKoopa tagging here due to Izumi Sakurai in there :
Are you sure it's ONLY the Yoshi toy? :p
Also way too much people know about that game.
Also I miss the Nichijou gifs...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who here have 99 Mii Fighter on both Wii U and 3DS? "Raise hand"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One animal I'm baffled hasn't had a pokemon yet is the peacock. There's a lot of potential there.
And I guess a platypus pokemon as well. Though you can argue Psyduck, while obviously a duck, still looks like one and so covered those bases.
I have really no knowledge of mythological creatures besides the ones in popular culture(griffins, dragons, etc.) to think of any, let alone to think of any that Pokemon hasn't covered yet.
There are a TON of unused birds, honestly. XD

And as far as mythological creatures go, there are some hybrids like chimeras, lamias, and harpies that might be fun to see modified and used.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Are you sure it's ONLY the Yoshi toy? :p
Also way too much people know about that game.
Also I miss the Nichijou gifs...
Wish granted...
tumblr_m962ytRvAY1rrdqxbo2_500.gif

Anyone wanna Smash on 3DS by the way ?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Awesome. Just needs a Sasahara one to be complete.

I wish the Mii maker allowed for unrealistic hair colours though.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wish the Mii Maker allowed for more realistic Miis. I want to fight Coraline, Ella/Iris, Mr. Mendel and Wentworth (all from StreetPass games) against each other.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Don't know if it was posted here before, but there's a kickstarter for a documentary of sorts based on the Pokemon competitive community. Thought it was interesting because of it's parallels to the infamous The Smash Brothers documentary. Though unlike the Smash competitive scene, I don't know anything about the Pokemon one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So my sister is "secretly" doing a draw for me of Cendorium, the character i show yesterday. The reason why i say "secretly" it's because i obviously know it. But i can't see it until she have finish. So i have to wait....but you know what?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it because of (I presume) constant load shedding?
Yes. lol

Cities don't have to face it (usually) but it's still pretty bad in smaller towns (1-3 hours without electricity everyday in summers), making stuff like Earth Hour seem like jokes. :p

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yes. lol

Cities don't have to face it (usually) but it's still pretty bad in smaller towns (1-3 hours without electricity everyday in summers), making stuff like Earth Hour seem like jokes. :p

Lol, yeah I know that feel.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yes. lol

I have no idea what you are talking about

But dark room I meant the clouds were so dark that it made my room look even darker with my lights off

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Awesome. Just needs a Sasahara one to be complete.
I wish the Mii maker allowed for unrealistic hair colours though.

Oh yeah, I need to make Sasahara, aka "Jesus 2.0" (seriously, the guy resist to anything thrown at him).
And I wanted to make a Misato one, but there's no pink hair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Anyway, I came back from a session against a good :sheikmelee:, and I can't stop thinking how dumb she looks when she fights.
I mean, some characters are natural. You take Mario, his playstyle looks like Mario, he does not always do the same move over and over again. Same goes for a lot of characters, like Ganondorf, Wario, Peach, G&W and many others.

Sheik is not natural when she fights. Not just for a fighting game, but even for a fictional and real ninja, her movements are not natural. Do you see a ninja always doing "Fairs" while hopping around on the stage ? No. Nobody does that, except in Smash where apparently "it's okay to have a mobility that no normal people can see".

Same goes for Sonic, but it's even worse. Not only the dude runs fast, but his movements are fast as well. And don't let me start talking about his UpB+Dair shenanigans, it makes him impossible to catch.

Competitive Melee was already dumb enough, but Smash 4 seems to take that way. I can predict a lot of people starting maining Sheik because one dude who mained Diddy before won a tournament with it. As well as Sonic.

Sweet baby Jesus, I hate playing against Sheik and Sonic. :mariomelee:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh yeah, I need to make Sasahara, aka "Jesus 2.0" (seriously, the guy resist to anything thrown at him).
And I wanted to make a Misato one, but there's no pink hair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Anyway, I came back from a session against a good :sheikmelee:, and I can't stop thinking how dumb she looks when she fights.
I mean, some characters are natural. You take Mario, his playstyle looks like Mario, he does not always do the same move over and over again. Same goes for a lot of characters, like Ganondorf, Wario, Peach, G&W and many others.

Sheik is not natural when she fights. Not just for a fighting game, but even for a fictional and real ninja, her movements are not natural. Do you see a ninja always doing "Fairs" while hopping around on the stage ? No. Nobody does that, except in Smash where apparently "it's okay to have a mobility that no normal people can see".

Same goes for Sonic, but it's even worse. Not only the dude runs fast, but his movements are fast as well. And don't let me start talking about his UpB+Dair shenanigans, it makes him impossible to catch.

Competitive Melee was already dumb enough, but Smash 4 seems to take that way. I can predict a lot of people starting maining Sheik because one dude who mained Diddy before won a tournament with it. As well as Sonic.

Sweet baby Jesus, I hate playing against Sheik and Sonic. :mariomelee:
So basically the new "HOO-HAA" is upon us?:4rob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom