• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
People calling this place a trash can now? Everyone know that Youtube is the real trash can, Jerry Seinfeld says so.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just found out about John Nash and his wife's deaths. Rest in Peace to both of them.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
GGs @ Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara , your Yoshi is annoyingly good. It also made me remember why I hate him : you can't punish his moves, his frames are literally to short to counter sometimes.

But yeah, GGs. I think I'm gonna main Mii Gunner, it's really fun to use it.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
GGs @ Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara , your Yoshi is annoyingly good. It also made me remember why I hate him : you can't punish his moves, his frames are literally to short to counter sometimes.

But yeah, GGs. I think I'm gonna main Mii Gunner, it's really fun to use it.
Who were your Miis btw?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Just something I've thought of, but which characters do you guys think are underestimated in SSB4?

For me, it's Dr.Mario, King Dedede, and Wario. Dr.Mario has good decent combos and his tornado is insane with what you can pull off with it (and his recovery isn't even terrible). King Dedede is a tank with good range and Gordo spacing is awesome. Wario...Wario is just amazing. The bite, the bike, his mobility, his waft. This character is just so much fun to play, yet hard to learn as. He also has crotch chops which makes him even more hilarious.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Just something I've thought of, but which characters do you guys think are underestimated in SSB4?

For me, it's Dr.Mario, King Dedede, and Wario. Dr.Mario has good decent combos and his tornado is insane with what you can pull off with it (and his recovery isn't even terrible). King Dedede is a tank with good range and Gordo spacing is awesome. Wario...Wario is just amazing. The bite, the bike, his mobility, his waft. This character is just so much fun to play, yet hard to learn as. He also has crotch chops which makes him even more hilarious.
I think Marth and Maybe Falco, I just don't think these characters are as bad as many say they just don't play like their past self so people just sleep on them and don't even try to play them differently.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I think Marth and Maybe Falco, I just don't think these characters are as bad as many say they just don't play like their past self so people just sleep on them and don't even try to play them differently.
Forgot about these 2. I don't know much about Marth, but I've played as Falco sometimes. He's not as great he was before, but I'd say that he's still pretty good (The side-B spikes are the best things to land).

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Its actually pretty active.
Anyone else wants to play 3DS with me?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I just learned that the 2011 Super Smash Bros. clone Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion got picked up by publisher Little Orbit last year (as the original publisher, Crave Entertainment, went out of business back in 2012).

This thankfully tells me that PTE is not dead (yes, I'm a fan of the game despite the mixed to negative criticism it has received).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I think :4pikachu: is slept on
Top 5 material imo
Great frame data, recovery, hard to gimp.
You tech or die vs this character.
Pika also has a toooon of good matchups.
:4metaknight: as well, he's a great anti air character, and half of his kit has low startup which is amazing.
Dash attack has an amazing hit box, his specials are hard to punish and heavy hitting, and he also does well against a ton of top tiers.
He can also kill extremely early if you don't DI right.
These characters suffer from lack of representation I guess
If more people played them then I think they would be higher on tier lists
Small rant but, I hate playing against people that think I need to approach
I could sit in neutral with :4kirby: and throw out SH BAirs if you don't have a projectile, but people seem to think that because I don't approach then the match isn't starting. So naturally I have to force an approach >_>
Maybe I'm just not patient enough

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604

:4bowserjr::4olimar::4rob::4metaknight::4jigglypuff::4falco:
Bowser JR. has stupid combo ability.
Olimar and Pikmin have insane grab range, and good air attacks.
R.O.B has some fast and strong moves.
MK is still fast and can get early kills with :GCU::GCB:
Puff has priorities that are dumb, she has rest and sing.
Falco is not as fast but is a good read character. Proper reads with Falco can hurt. Also his B-air and F-air are good

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Little Mac, Mii Gunner/Mii sword dude, Marth, Falco and Pikachu are the underestimated ones for me.

:4littlemac:- After his downfall with the very first patch of the game, thanks to the whinny fanbase that we are in. In reality, Little Mac has a lot of potential. He's the Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 for Smash. Out of place, different from other fighters but a lot of possibilites. Little Mac is a threat when he's played good.
:4miigun:/:4miisword:- Mii Gunner has also great possibilites, but is overlooked by the Mii Brawler. I really find the Gunner extremely fun to play, with lots of tricks to make, especially with the grenades. Even the basic set is fun to play. What can I say ? I really like the Mii Gunner.
For the Mii Swordman, he suffers from his reputation of being the worst character. But many people found tricks and gimmicks about him that made him look more viable. He can be good in the right hands.
:4marth:- Being good in Brawl made him suffer in this game. He doesn't have the "Melee upgrade" like Cap.Falcon or Fox. But, like many underestimated characters, he can be really good when well played. I, myself, like to play him once in a while, and he can be a monster with those tips of his. That's why I never underestimate a Marth player.
:4falco: - Exactly the same as Marth. Though Shofu made a lot of publicity for the bird. He needs more apparition in tournaments to progress, like Luigi with Boss, or G&W with Gimr.
:4pikachu: - Easily in the top 5 of best characters in the game, Pikachu is however slept on due to his poor popularity in Smash, ironically. But many will tell you that Pikachu is a beast in this game.

That's not a complete list, but that's the main ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom