• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Are you a squid or a kid?
I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid...

I'M CONFUSED NOW :crazy:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@ Opossum Opossum is going to have so many alerts. XD

Anyway, today's rant is me going on about how since Ryu might make the people who say third party companies can only have one rep look silly, I may as well point out that Tails has way more moveset potential than folks give him credit for. If he got in, he'd be a Luigified clone at worst.

So what could make him different from Sonic? For one thing, he can't use the homing attack, but that's just how he'd be less of a clone. The potential lies in the bombs, napalm bombs, and remote bot in Tails' Adventure, the arm cannon and robot arm from Sonic Battle, the general weapon stealing move that a few characters including Tails had in Sonic the Fighters, the Dummy Ring Bomb and Snipe from Sonic 06, the tail twirl from Sonic Adventure, and whatever random crud Tails decides to invent just for Smash.

So yeah, run on sentences FTW.

. . .Yay Tails.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've lost all respect in you...
:troll:
Hey we already have Sonic's victory music from that game, so why not?

Just trying to show all the unique things Tails has done.

Deep down inside I knew someone was going to react to having anything from 06 mentioned, though. XD

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sonic 06 was a good game.
Hey, I actually enjoy aimlessly wandering around Soleanna looking for Silver Medals. No joke.

The gameplay could have been much less glitchy, but the Adventure style hiding behind it is better than nothing.

Too bad about that plot, though. XD

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
All right, you plebs (thanks @ Abyssal Lagiacrus Abyssal Lagiacrus , now have your punchline back) ! Here are some ranting on Smash 4. Nobody will care. Even I don't care. But who cares ? Let's do it.

So, recently I played some matches on SmashLadder. It's a website for people who want to make matches quick, on all the Smash games. It's really good for people who wants to progress and hate "For Glory". The settings are pretty similar to tourneys, with a chat for communication. It's a really cool site that I recommend to all of you, casual or not.

I won't rant on this site, but more about one thing that are making people uneasy : custom moves.
The site doesn't have an option to tell if you want to play with or without custom moves. So, you have to ask the person if he/she want customs on or off. 85% of the time, people declined the addition of custom moves. And this upsets me. A lot for some reason.

I love playing with customs : it makes the game fresh, with new possibilites for each character. DK can be an air bender, Ganondorf can have a good recovery and neutral B, Mario more killing power, Palutena totally different, etc...
Custom moves gives a fresh breath of air to the game, who gets old with the time. It's awesome, really.

But people are still not ready for them. Well, at least that's the excuse everyone gives. I don't believe not adding custom moves in tournaments will make people ready for them. In fact, it will only make it worse. People won't accept custom moves because they are either too scared or lazy to get them. If people could stop staying on their old bases and start using new moves that could give them more options to have fun, it would be great. But for now, they don't want to.

I'm happy that EVO allows them, but I feel that people are too attached to their old movesets and doesn't accept changes. It's frustrating, people wasting such a great feature for their old gameplay. Where is the fun in playing the same character with the same moves, over and over again ? I don't find it. I prefer playing with custom moves, and I'm proud of it.

So, what do you think of custom moves ?
Yes, I made this "rant" while all of you were talking about Sonic. And I'm pretty sure I won't get a lot of responses for this ridiculous rant. But again, who cares. Thanks to those who wasted their time reading this.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
@ Opossum Opossum is going to have so many alerts. XD

Anyway, today's rant is me going on about how since Ryu might make the people who say third party companies can only have one rep look silly, I may as well point out that Tails has way more moveset potential than folks give him credit for. If he got in, he'd be a Luigified clone at worst.

So what could make him different from Sonic? For one thing, he can't use the homing attack, but that's just how he'd be less of a clone. The potential lies in the bombs, napalm bombs, and remote bot in Tails' Adventure, the arm cannon and robot arm from Sonic Battle, the general weapon stealing move that a few characters including Tails had in Sonic the Fighters, the Dummy Ring Bomb and Snipe from Sonic 06, the tail twirl from Sonic Adventure, and whatever random crud Tails decides to invent just for Smash.

So yeah, run on sentences FTW.

. . .Yay Tails.
There is only one Sonic newcomer I approve of.....

Yes Im talking about Knuckles, the picture is irrelevant.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All right, you plebs (thanks @ Abyssal Lagiacrus Abyssal Lagiacrus , now have your punchline back) ! Here are some ranting on Smash 4. Nobody will care. Even I don't care. But who cares ? Let's do it.

So, recently I played some matches on SmashLadder. It's a website for people who want to make matches quick, on all the Smash games. It's really good for people who wants to progress and hate "For Glory". The settings are pretty similar to tourneys, with a chat for communication. It's a really cool site that I recommend to all of you, casual or not.

I won't rant on this site, but more about one thing that are making people uneasy : custom moves.
The site doesn't have an option to tell if you want to play with or without custom moves. So, you have to ask the person if he/she want customs on or off. 85% of the time, people declined the addition of custom moves. And this upsets me. A lot for some reason.

I love playing with customs : it makes the game fresh, with new possibilites for each character. DK can be an air bender, Ganondorf can have a good recovery and neutral B, Mario more killing power, Palutena totally different, etc...
Custom moves gives a fresh breath of air to the game, who gets old with the time. It's awesome, really.

But people are still not ready for them. Well, at least that's the excuse everyone gives. I don't believe not adding custom moves in tournaments will make people ready for them. In fact, it will only make it worse. People won't accept custom moves because they are either too scared or lazy to get them. If people could stop staying on their old bases and start using new moves that could give them more options to have fun, it would be great. But for now, they don't want to.

I'm happy that EVO allows them, but I feel that people are too attached to their old movesets and doesn't accept changes. It's frustrating, people wasting such a great feature for their old gameplay. Where is the fun in playing the same character with the same moves, over and over again ? I don't find it. I prefer playing with custom moves, and I'm proud of it.

Yes, I made this "rant" while all of you were talking about Sonic. And I'm pretty sure I won't get a lot of responses for this ridiculous rant. But again, who cares. Thanks to those who wasted their time reading this.
I think Custom Move are really cool just for the simple fact that you can have different way to play the character. Like, Kong Tornado, Bowser Klaw, Slow Charge Beam, Etc. It's really fun! And help some character with attribut they need! Like Ganondorf, so i approve Custom Move.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

We need Knuckles back as our mascot for the Social Thread.
No better...
...Knuckles holding an explosive salad.
Perfect.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We need Knuckles back as our mascot for the Social Thread.
No better...
...Knuckles holding an explosive salad.
Perfect.
So i guess you going to move to Project M Social Thread in the future?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Talking about a Sonic newcomer AGAIN?!?!?!

I don't care if this Ryu thing is real. We don't need any third party company getting multiple representatives, they just don't deserve it. Hell, third party characters don't deserve to be in Smash in the first place, they're just guests.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

If you want customs, you can always play with me.
(Not exactly since I can't play during the week)
Happy birthday @ Opossum Opossum , and many exploding salads to you!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

I don't care if this Ryu thing is real. We don't need any third party company getting multiple representatives, they just don't deserve it. Hell, third party characters don't deserve to be in Smash in the first place, they're just guests.
Nobody really deserves anything if you think about it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Mechanical engineers >>>>>> enchiladas.

But support who you like. I can't brainwash you. XD

I still haven't used customs much, but I'm fine if others want to.

Beat Call is great for 3DS Classic Mode, though. :D

Maybe I'll try a few custom moves now that you brought them up, though. :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hell, third party characters don't deserve to be in Smash in the first place, they're just guests.
They kinda do, if you ask me.

PAC-MAN represents Bandai Namco, a company that helped developped not only Smash 4, but a handful of Nintendo games too, such as the last two Star Fox games (not counting Wii U)

Sonic would've never existed without Mario, so Nintendo did affect SEGA's history. I think he deserves it more than anyone here.

For Mega Man......point taken. :smirk:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mechanical engineers >>>>>> enchiladas.

But support who you like. I can't brainwash you. XD

I still haven't used customs much, but I'm fine if others want to.

Beat Call is great for 3DS Classic Mode, though. :D

Maybe I'll try a few custom moves now that you brought them up, though. :)
Try DK custom move, you won't regret.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They kinda do, if you ask me.

PAC-MAN represents Bandai Namco, a company that helped developped not only Smash 4, but a handful of Nintendo games too, such as the last two Star Fox games (not counting Wii U)

Sonic would've never existed without Mario, so Nintendo did affect SEGA's history. I think he deserves it more than anyone here.

For Mega Man......point taken. :smirk:
*cough* Captain N the Game Master *cough*

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Nobody really deserves anything if you think about it.
If Sakurai wanted to re-make smash, but with characters who deserves to be in, there would only be Kirby and Kid Icarus characters. And the ones he created a moveset for. I'm talking about those who never were really seen or just have a moveset straight up made by Sakurai, with no real origins for them.
The biggest roster in any fighting game :
:4kirby:/:4dedede:/:4metaknight:/:4pit:/:4palutena:/:4darkpit:/:4falcon:/:4rob:/:4wario:
9 characters. And I added Wario because his moveset doesn't feel like him.

So i guess you going to move to Project M Social Thread in the future?
I need to play Project M before going there. Wich I haven't.
Still waiting for the Pal version.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I need to play Project M before going there. Wich I haven't.
Still waiting for the Pal version.
Coming Soon.
(it's a good thing that i buy a English version of SSBB,right?)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If Sakurai wanted to re-make smash, but with characters who deserves to be in, there would only be Kirby and Kid Icarus characters. And the ones he created a moveset for. I'm talking about those who never were really seen or just have moveset straight up made by Sakurai.
The biggest roster in any fighting game :
:4kirby:/:4dedede:/:4metaknight:/:4pit:/:4palutena:/:4darkpit:/:4falcon:/:4rob:/:4wario:/:4fox:/:4falco:/:wolf:/:4ganondorf:/:4mii:
13 characters. And I added Wario because his moveset doesn't feel like him.
You forgot Star Fox characters, Ganon and Miis, mate :smirk:

But don't worry, I fixed it :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom