• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
>When you try to escape infractions
explodingsalad.gif
ninja'd
There's a key difference between sharing things you made and posting images in place of words solely to be "lol funny because may mays" and like-farming.

Use Cyber as an example. He's posting about his Aegislash image collection. That's okay, since it's discussion ABOUT the image, not an image in place of discussion.
did you just

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What Opossum is cracking down on is reaction images, I believe.

Other images should be fine.

:231:
"I posted this solely for the image"

I post my gfs picturs and my alpcas solely to show off and share my gfs pictures and my alpacas. I'm sure that fall under this.
Eh
I read this.

i read the post you were quoting.....

I'm confused. I was refering to the tittle yesterday being not a joke.....
Oh welp, nvm them pff My mistake. I apologize xp

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"I posted this solely for the image"

I post my gfs picturs and my alpcas solely to show off and share my gfs pictures and mt alpacas. I'm sure that fall under this.
Eh

Oh welp, nvm them pff My mistake. I apologize xp
There's a key difference between sharing things you made and posting images in place of words solely to be "lol funny because may mays" and like-farming.

Use Cyber as an example. He's posting about his Aegislash image collection. That's okay, since it's discussion ABOUT the image, not an image in place of discussion.
Please read this.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
@ Opossum Opossum has bad memories about our memes.
Let's bring our national one.

No
@ Opossum Opossum
Yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness though, this rule kinda contradicts the whole point of this thread. Cauz' seriously, over the years, this thread isn't really about Smash, but more about memes and stupidity.
If you really want the "crap posting" to stop, just create a thread for it. But I guess that's too complicated, so let's put "rules" to stop the fun.

And this gif has context, my good sir.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
4.0 B O Y Z M A K E S U M N O I Z E
Seriously, let's move beyond this Rebel War garbage.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@ Opossum Opossum
Yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness though, this rule kinda contradicts the whole point of this thread. Cauz' seriously, over the years, this thread isn't really about Smash, but more about memes and stupidity.
If you really want the "crap posting" to stop, just create a thread for it. But I guess that's too complicated, so let's put "rules" to stop the fun.

nah the thread is general discussion
like farming and spam for lolz is what its become
it's usually cool but we take any image leeway we can get and make the spam so bad that mods have to intervene
:189:
im with the mods on this one
while I took part, theyve got a point
and if this keeps up we wont have a social thread
my dank memes will be on hold for the time being

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ Opossum Opossum
Yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is as many words I've ever seen you post.
ninja'd
did you just
Hey, CyberHunterNinjaReaperHyperPiratePhoenix is a cool name, you should stick with it.
aayy lmao.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Speaking of the exploding salad GIF:
This is way back in 2007. Pretty cool that we(or rather PigglyJuff) weren't the first ones. TIL.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just use them more sparsely.

So not every message? Well...ok, that would be kinda hard for a long time but hey, you're the count here, Nah?
(This will be hard...for Count Bleck...)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Opossum Opossum
Yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The thread was never about those things. It's for general discussion. NOT memes and "lol randomxD" posting. That's what the spam infractions are for. Those types of things take away from discussion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So not every message? Well...ok, that would be kinda hard for a long time but hey, you're the count here, Nah?
(This will be hard...for Count Bleck...)
With every post is way too much. 1 in 7 posts is closer to what's acceptable.

Or find smaller images.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The thread was never about those things. It's for general discussion. NOT memes and "lol randomxD" posting. That's what the spam infractions are for. Those types of things take away from discussion.
So....do we create a thread for memes?:samus:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, guys, just learn to have the image integrate the posts.

It should just be supporting the post, but not like the goal of the post shouldn't be based on the fact you're posting an image. If it's ABOUT the image, then you're not posting based on the fact that there's an image....so it's fine.

Like, what he means is unless I have a very good reasons to post it, I can't post the "As salty as salts gets" image mostly because it can be used as just describing reactions.

it still means I can post my TTYD words because they are just bonus to the post. And I guess if it has enough words contents i can post the Paper Mario artwork, but again, it should just fit with what I post instead of "I feel like this", that is not going to work.

As for the bubbles, again, I only do it rarely and if I do it, it's mostly because there's a reasons I do it other than the gorgeous font.

I honestly thought it was going to be much stricter, but I'm pleased to know it's not that bad :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Or find smaller images.

For finding smaller image, that would be very hard or impossible i think but spoiler bag doesn't make the picture more small?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Or find smaller images.
Yes, FalKoopa gets to randomly include a Phanpy image in every post because its 32x32 pixels. :p
I think there should a new rule added to the OP.
4) No exploding salads, and no dank memes allowed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wow, guys, just learn to have the image integrate the posts.

It should just be supporting the post, but not like the goal of the post shouldn't be based on the fact you're posting an image. If it's ABOUT the image, then you're not posting based on the fact that there's an image....so it's fine.

Like, what he means is unless I have a very good reasons to post it, I can't post the "As salty as salts gets" image mostly because it can be used as just describing reactions.

it still means I can post my TTYD words because they are just bonus to the post. And I guess if it has enough words contents i can post the Paper Mario artwork, but again, it should just fit with what I post instead of "I feel like this", that is not going to work.

As for the bubbles, again, I only do it rarely and if I do it, it's mostly because there's a reasons I do it other than the gorgeous font.

I honestly thought it was going to be much stricter, but I'm pleased to know it's not that bad :)
I think too many of those words would be spam but its up to them.

anyways.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of the exploding salad GIF:
This is way back in 2007. Pretty cool that we(or rather PigglyJuff) weren't the first ones. TIL.
For reference, this post is okay. It actually brings discussion of the salad's origins. The video being present is supplementary.

Salad Nature will find a way
Not okay, on the other hand. It posts the video with the sole intention of posting the video.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So wait a second. If i want to post a image, he as to be:
1. A memes but only one every 7 message for exemple
or
2. The image has to be a the discussion.
I'm right? @ FalKoopa FalKoopa ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom