• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We currently have Alien, Shadow, Knight and Dragon as our new Copy Abilities.
We're now trying to come up with an Ability that excells underwater (Better swimming mobility, more Underwater attacks than Water Kirby's (who only shoots a bigger bubble, we wanna do better), etc.)
We're currently tossing around ideas, but the most popular one seems to be a Penguin-related ability.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ever since though whole Roy/Ryu data in Smash thing, I've been wanting to try some Street Fighter game. Right now I have my eye on Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (I'm aware it lacks 9 character from Ultra Street Fighter IV) and it's currently on sale at the Nintendo eShop for $8 until May 28.

Is it good?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
No comment.
But that there is a comment on the thing you said you had no comment about but you still commented about having no comment but it's still a comment about not commenting but it's a comment of comments.

wa's goin' on

Soul.

Ever since though whole Roy/Ryu data in Smash thing, I've been wanting to try some Street Fighter game. Right now I have my eye on Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (I'm aware it lacks 9 character from Ultra Street Fighter IV) and it's currently on sale at the Nintendo eShop for $8 until May 28.

Is it good?
Street Fighter IV is good in general, so I'd say go for it. You'll have some problems with the controls, though---they're confusing. Then again, it's Street Fighter. Arcade-esque controls on a handheld such as the 3DS seems weird to me, but aside from that, the game's pretty good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So this ****ing horse in this game is too attached to your player. I try to feed my cows so treats, Horse walks in the way. Try to water some crops, horse gets in the way. I try to fish. Horse. Talk to husband. Horse

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So this ****ing horse in this game is too attached to your player. I try to feed my cows so treats, Horse walks in the way. Try to water some crops, horse gets in the way. I try to fish. Horse. Talk to husband. Horse
About to cut a tree down with a chainsaw.
Horse.

...Now it's dinner :grin:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So WWE wants one of their N64 games to be used on the Nintendo World Championships:

Three flaws I see:
1) I'm very sure Nintendy has already planned out everything
2) Even if Nintendo considers WWE's request, good luck getting a game from a now defunct company
3) WWE games haven't been on Nintendo platform for quite a while now

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So here's what happened
I went to Toys R Us to go look for a Kirby Amiibo
And when walking on over to the Amiibo spot, something catches my eye
Something was in the Nerf Gun section that wasn't supposed to be there, so I walk over...
Aaaaaand Greninja Amiibo.
We didn't get it, but I did laugh like an idiot.

...There was no Kirby Amiibos there, tho
RIP teh urn :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here's what happened
I went to Toys R Us to go look for a Kirby Amiibo
And when walking on over to the Amiibo spot, something catches my eye
Something was in the Nerf Gun section that wasn't supposed to be there, so I walk over...
Aaaaaand Greninja Amiibo.
We didn't get it, but I did laugh like an idiot.

...There was no Kirby Amiibos there, tho
RIP teh urn :(
Ive seen urn in TPP, what exactly down it mean?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ive seen urn in TPP, what exactly down it mean?
well, for TPP, it kinda makes weird sense, but I can get it because Twitch.

It's a meme in the speedrunning community, mainly because of Twitch. It is a purposively badly written sentence to say "the run". It's oftently used when let's say a speedrunner is seemingly having a really good attempt, people would tend to yell THIS IS THE URN!!!! instead of the run.

It's a long stayed joke that if you watch speedruns frequently, you probably saw it. Since they all stream motly on Twitch, it probably carried to TPP.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
New Pushmo game that just got revealed and released
And it's yet another Free-to-Start game.
O...K....then...?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
See a Speed Run and especially a TAS is extremely hilarious but also very impressive, especially a TAS "Reverse Boss" of Super Metroid.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
See a Speed Run and especially a TAS is extremely hilarious but also very impressive, especially a TAS "Reverse Boss" of Super Metroid.
I have been in the community for like a year and honestly, the most interesting thing was the cause of glitches....it's insane.

Because some of the run has really elaborated route that when you watch you could wonder why it's made like it, but everything in speedruns is done for a reason, if there's no reasons, the runner would actually reset or rerecord in the case of a TAS.

And it's very weird how different you play the game. If I was a speedrunner, pm64 is very fun, but TTYD and spm are really bad in potential and as surprising as it sounds, SS is actually very fun.

It's just a VERY different way to see games :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have been in the community for like a year and honestly, the most interesting thing was the cause of glitches....it's insane.

Because some of the run has really elaborated route that when you watch you could wonder why it's made like it, but everything in speedruns is done for a reason, if there's no reasons, the runner would actually reset or rerecord in the case of a TAS.

And it's very weird how different you play the game. If I was a speedrunner, pm64 is very fun, but TTYD and spm are really bad in potential and as surprising as it sounds, SS is actually very fun.

It's just a VERY different way to see games :)
I see homever in youtube some "hack" or TAS, like Mario can levitate in TTYD. I don't looked but i think there is alot that this hack can do.
Edit: edit for my error

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I see homever in youtube some "hack" Speed Run or TAS, like Mario as a infinite jump in TTYD. I don't looked because it was 4 hour but i think there is alot that this hack can do.
...actually, hacks are sort of banned in speedruns for obvious reasons, but some likes to actually do implement them for fun.

The thing you're talking about is an AR code that when you hold L and A, you jump, but your Y speed will freeze as long as you hold both buttons. Fun fact, this is actually how I ended up softlocking my game on dolphin while I was in water and discover the mysterious arms textures.

Long story short, I had my pc hooked on my 40 inches tv screen with hdmi and when I was in the water, I repeatedly done the input which causes Paper Mario to have its Y speed frozen, essentially, I was going infinitely higher. But the arms actually raise depending on the height you are so they eventually came right from underneath the water.....THAT WAS SO FREAKING CREEPY!!!!

There's tas of TTYD that don't use it. As for spm, don;t expect one.....not much motivations so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...actually, hacks are sort of banned in speedruns for obvious reasons, but some likes to actually do implement them for fun.

The thing you're talking about is an AR code that when you hold L and A, you jump, but your Y speed will freeze as long as you hold both buttons. Fun fact, this is actually how I ended up softlocking my game on dolphin while I was in water and discover the mysterious arms textures.

Long story short, I had my pc hooked on my 40 inches tv screen with hdmi and when I was in the water, I repeatedly done the input which causes Paper Mario to have its Y speed frozen, essentially, I was going infinitely higher. But the arms actually raise depending on the height you are so they eventually came right from underneath the water.....THAT WAS SO FREAKING CREEPY!!!!

There's tas of TTYD that don't use it. As for spm, don;t expect one.....not much motivations so far.
Oh yeah i saw the thing with the arm when you go under water but it was not that creepy if i remember. At least for me, also here the TAS.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh yeah i saw the thing with the arm when you go under water but it was not that creepy if i remember. At least for me, also here the TAS.
yeah, it's not official tas because if it was, you would see the warning at the beginning that it's a tas, not RTA run.

And I know Malleoz because having glitch hunted TTYD, I still have him in skype. He did with some other people the official TAS of TTYD which has the bookcase jump glitch....which I actually found :)

Ever heard of this?

I found and recorded this. The uploader isn't me, but I'm credited in the description (very long story, but it went crazy to process the video).

It's still used in runs today though....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I made the mistake of checking Miiverse, and then...

Beautiful.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've seen worse.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse.
Miiverse is a scary place, just stay out of the Popular section and you should be fine.
Oh yeah, there is more scary picture that this but i was suprised at the moment.:substitute:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yesterday we began packing up for our move.
I'm scared of opening my closet, it's filled to the point of almost exploding with like 50 Kirby plushies
But I gotta do it, so it's time to finally feel like one of those poor souls from Mass Attack x5.

Oboooi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom