• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I wonder what FNaF 4 will turn out to be.
Inb4 all the other games's mechanics have to be used.
Oh god
Also @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 , finally got to Flower Fields. Lavalava's boss was pathetically easy.
I just beat ch6 and honestly, the ch5 one was a bit hard for me.

the ch6 one....quite hard.

and I learned today that bp only is impossible because there's a stat limit of 30....but it's much easier than I thought.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't care for Rare either.

I loved them in the past but there's a reason I don't care for them now: None of the good employees are still working at Rare.

Great IP's mean nothing if the team behind it sucks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
wat
banjo-kazooie wasn't greatness?
banjo-tooie wasn't greatness?
Conker wasn't greatness?
Diddy Kong Racing wasn't greatness?
Goldeneye wasn't greatness?
Perfect Dark wasn't greatness?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't care for Rare either.

I loved them in the past but there's a reason I don't care for them now: None of the good employees are still working at Rare.

Great IP's mean nothing if the team behind it sucks.
That is absolutely untrue.
Unless people like Gregg Mayles, the lead developer/programmer behind many Rare titles, chiefly the Banjo Kazooie series, or Leigh Loveday, basically the voice of Rare, who pretty much single-handedly managed Scribes, worked on the manuals for every Rare game as well as most Rare game dialogue/script, and Robin Beanland, who composed for Rare since DKC and is able to emulate David Wise and Kirkhope's style if need to be. Unless you think people like these aren't "good employees" then you are absolutely incorrect.

Also, fwiw who's to say the new employees aren't good enough successors anyway? It's not like only the people that have worked for Rare before are only capable of emulating Rare's greatness...

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

This...this is beautiful.

Edit: Wrong video :p

Edit 2: Just going to add the orginial video since it's also great.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
cue rimshot.png

Remember, you're only as old as you feel.

*cue rimshot*

D

Deleted member

Hoo Hah Racing was kinda meh, IMO.
I agree xSG9000 on everything else though
Because.. err.. it's used as a way to mock those born in 1997? :troll:
Kiddy Dong must be proud. :4diddy:

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Banjo's were just boring collectathon's.
First Conker was OK, second was crap.
Expand Hoo Hah Racing was OK, but nothing more.
Collectathon's are one of the greatest things ever! *covers ears and screams loudly*
How can anyone say
is better than
?

Strofirko

Smash Master
What is even a face?
A pair of eyes nose and mouth?
Why beautiful creatures like this can't be recognized on this damned website.
upload_2015-5-2_23-46-22.jpeg

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Banjo's were just boring collectathon's.
First Conker was OK, second was crap.
Expand Hoo Hah Racing was OK, but nothing more.
I can understand Conker and Diddy Kong Racing.

...But Banjo's collecting was imo quite organic. Collecting wasn't a chore, you didn't actually feel like, "oh crap all I'm doing in this game is collecting", no the game disguised all it's various notes and jiggies into locations or events so that collecting it felt more like a checklist that you completed something or entered an area than actual things you're collecting. But I digress, I felt the same thing about Banjo the first time I played it, so how far did you get in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goldeneye wasn't greatness?
Perfect Dark wasn't greatness?
Man, all of these people talking about Rare, but none of them mention Killer Instinct. It's the one thing they didn't screw up so far. And it's a fighting game series, you'd think people here would be at least a little invested.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Man, all of these people talking about Rare, but none of them mention Killer Instinct. It's the one thing they didn't screw up so far. And it's a fighting game series, you'd think people here would be at least a little invested.
Sure, KI is looking amazing. Would've even been better than the original two if it had finishers:)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well when there's so much greatness, it's hard to cover it all.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sakuraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I wonder what his anti-aging secret is...
Sakurai "actually doesn't age" According to a local Youtube user .

" It's a well known fact that Masahiro Sakurai practices dark magic to sustain his youth. The source of his power comes from the hype that his fans generate from the games he makes. Don't believe me? Look at him from when he was 19 and just created Kirby, then look at him now. Quite the difference, huh? Remember how Sakurai said that he didn't want to make a story mode for Smash 4 because if people only cared about watching a Smash Bros. movie, they would only care to watch it once and probably not even play the game? Well, up to the release of Smash 4, he made sure that his precious hype would be everlasting by producing all the newcomer videos.

The amount of hype generated from each new character reveal has provided our Lord and Savior Sakurai with enough youth to last him through the centuries, and has given him the strength to continue working on the series, which is why we can have characters like Lucas and others join the fight. Truly, this man is a genius and we can only hope that our hype will continue to feed our master for a long time to come...".

- GroundPoundable

He and his friend are currently writing a story on said subject. All I can say is, this explains a lot. :crazy:

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Sakurai "actually doesn't age" According to a local Youtube user .

" It's a well known fact that Masahiro Sakurai practices dark magic to sustain his youth. The source of his power comes from the hype that his fans generate from the games he makes. Don't believe me? Look at him from when he was 19 and just created Kirby, then look at him now. Quite the difference, huh? Remember how Sakurai said that he didn't want to make a story mode for Smash 4 because if people only cared about watching a Smash Bros. movie, they would only care to watch it once and probably not even play the game?

Well, up to the release of Smash 4, he made sure that his precious hype would be everlasting by producing all the newcomer videos. The amount of hype generated from each new character reveal has provided our Lord and Savior Sakurai with enough youth to last him through the centuries, and has given him the strength to continue working on the series, which is why we can have characters like Lucas and others join the fight. Truly, this man is a genius and we can only hope that our hype will continue to feed our master for a long time to come...".

- GroundPoundable

He and his friend are currently writing a story on said subject. All I can say is, this explains a lot. :crazy:
Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom