• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was legitimately surprised that it was decent. I was expecting it to be meatheads completely messing it up.

It was pretty cool. I wonder what ESPN's target audience thought of it.
It was decent, indeed. Wasn't bad. At all.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You'll like this story my friend!

When I was a kid, I was playing this little game called Paper Mario on my Nintendo 64. I was going on a three-day holiday, and when we had to leave, I was in the middle of fighting Huff N. Puff (who, as an 11-year-old, was very hard to defeat). I realised that I'd been playing for like an hour, and hadn't saved. I didn't tell my mother, but I left the 64 on. Three days later, Paper Mario was waiting for me, and the house hadn't burnt down as was my fear.

Funny thing is, Huff N. Puff beat me anyway.
The n64 wouldn't heat THAT muck to burn it yet alone raise the temperature that much :)

But like I said, usually, the nintendo machines are well built. I mean I once watched a DYKG video and they had like crazy ambitions for the original DS being able to survive a high fall from the height of where your pocket would be. Oh, and once, a gameboy burned during a war and it was still functional :) I also saw a 3ds partially melted, still works :)

The Wii from what I hear is VERY hard to overheat. Like, really hard, it doesn't surprise me much that the n64 can endure a 3 day of rendering without overheating.

And let me assure you, computers nowadays have a thing called thermal throttling. There's sensor near the CPU that if they detect a very dangerous temperature, the CPU would cool down by itself.....which results in worse performance and slow response time (like unusually slow). This is to prevent to burn your house down...so, I wouldn't expect the n64 being able to burn....you have to overheat it like very hard and quick :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The game REALLY likes one of my creatures

It uses it EVERY SINGLE TIME I get to the tribal age

Almost every single tribe I run into is that creature

D

Deleted member

The n64 wouldn't heat THAT muck to burn it yet alone raise the temperature that much :)

But like I said, usually, the nintendo machines are well built. I mean I once watched a DYKG video and they had like crazy ambitions for the original DS being able to survive a high fall from the height of where your pocket would be. Oh, and once, a gameboy burned during a war and it was still functional :) I also saw a 3ds partially melted, still works :)

The Wii from what I hear is VERY hard to overheat. Like, really hard, it doesn't surprise me much that the n64 can endure a 3 day of rendering without overheating.

And let me assure you, computers nowadays have a thing called thermal throttling. There's sensor near the CPU that if they detect a very dangerous temperature, the CPU would cool down by itself.....which results in worse performance and slow response time (like unusually slow). This is to prevent to burn your house down...so, I wouldn't expect the n64 being able to burn....you have to overheat it like very hard and quick :)
That is because all of Nintendo's products are made of.. Nintendium! :troll:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I see...
burning consoles (jk, it's Nintendo).
Alpha and Omega 3.
Freakin' Lucina though...

Wait. On the same team!? Brawl and Melee?
And that rose that Tingle throws.
Cool, a little, chubby Dedede.
And Pichu as a new Smash foe.

Now, what's left to say?
Dang, today's thread is cray-cray.

Seriously though. I come onto the social thread and there's a lot of different conversations that all come up at once. :grin:

Last edited:

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Seriously I can't stop thinking about how Alpha and Omega 3's Box art is like Lucas'es family
I mean wow....

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm home.
And friggin tired.

And I always have to wash the dishes every time I come home, and every day...

I. Really. Hate. Washing. Dishes. It takes away from productivity time. And no, I cannot buy a dishwashing machine right now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone noticed in the pinky and the brain theme song

it goes "One is a genius, the other's insane"

Pink - first

Brain - second

Genius - first

Insane - second

Connections forming...?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So South Florida has this commercial for Toyota (Is it Toyota? It's some major car dealer that much I know)

And I swear, the jingle they use is totally plagiarizing Imagine Dragons' song On Top of the World from tune to instruments, only some parts of the melody and lyrics are different

This reminds me of the time some Japanese boy band (or rather their composer) plagiarized some Vocaloid song. Which in turn reminds me of the time the son of Gene Simmons plagiarized (traced off of, even!) Bleach in some comic he made

Fun times. /sarcasm

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Has anyone noticed in the pinky and the brain theme song

it goes "One is a genius, the other's insane"

Pink - first

Brain - second

Genius - first

Insane - second

Connections forming...?
This could be a chiasmus, which is a syntactical choice where the order of the descriptors is switched in the following line.
Or you're right and our lives are all one big lie.

Last edited:

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
I see...
burning consoles (jk, it's Nintendo).
Alpha and Omega 3.
Freakin' Lucina though...

Wait. On the same team!? Brawl and Melee?
And that rose that Tingle throws.
Cool, a little, chubby Dedede.
And Pichu as a new Smash foe.

Now, what's left to say?
Dang, today's thread is cray-cray.

Seriously though. I come onto the social thread and there's a lot of different conversations that all come up at once. :grin:
Yep, that me who brought up AAO3
I'm going insane comparing that to mother 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom