• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Going off the realistic track is a bad idea, especially with horror creations. And Five Nights at Skook's- I mean Freddy's, is no exception. I think making the animatronics not ghosts would have made the thing better, because it would question the player on who is driving you nuts in this game. But I guess going on the "spooky ride with ghosts and poorly made gore stuff" was the best way to profit of the kids.

Besides, this series is getting really cheesy. First spooky ghosts, now creepy demon animatronic with many heads on itself.
I can't wait. :troll:
Wait what
What are you guys talking about this creepy multiple headed animatronic?

D

Deleted member

Profit > Quality

That's what I'm seeing now. He's trying way too hard to being scary than clever. Even though I absolutely DESPISE the series and especially it's community, the first game had something going. The first game made the setting and animatronics close to what it would be in real life like it could happen to anyone and I respected that. But after every "sequel", the creator more and more takes away the real life thing with repetitive gameplay and generic, cookie cutter ideas something like "Hmm, what's the most unrealistic and unimaginative way to make this the biggest nightmare fuel in existence?", easily losing my respect.

It's just fan service with no love or clever imagination put into them now.
Pretty much like CoD and all that stuff. :troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wait what
What are you guys talking about this creepy multiple headed animatronic?

Don't you see the Freddys on him ?
It's ridiculous. Seriously, not even scary. And worst of all, brightening the image gives this :

N I G H T M A R E
B O Y Z

This is getting idiotic and super cheesy.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Seriously, this "SCOTT IS JUST TRYING TO GET MONEY" argument needs to die.
The guy's job is making games, no ******* **** he's trying to get money.
Fun fact: he tried raising money to create a sequel to one of his games (The Desolate Hope) and got exactly 0 dollars. That's what inspired him to make FNaF.
Plus, he's a single guy makes the games whose only playtesters are his sons. Give him some respect, please.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Don't you see the Freddys on him ?
It's ridiculous. Seriously, not even scary. And worst of all, brightening the image gives this :

N I G H T M A R E
B O Y Z

This is getting idiotic and super cheesy.
image.jpg

So scurreh, mom pls bring me my blanket and Yoshi plush.
I wis Scott went back to the roots. No bull****, just actual animatronics (haunted, but ya) :(
Also, we finally got an update on who's going to play BB in the movie.

DANNY DEVITO OMG

EDIT: I couldnt see the picture because the site isn't loading. Not sure if it's lots of traffics or my school's horrible internet.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I wonder what Scott is going to do after FNAF ends.
INB4 "6 Nights alongside Breddy"

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Seriously, this "SCOTT IS JUST TRYING TO GET MONEY" argument needs to die.
The guy's job is making games, no ******* **** he's trying to get money.
Fun fact: he tried raising money to great a sequel to one of his games (The Desolate Hope) and got exactly 0 dollars. That's what inspired him to make FNaF.
Plus, he's a single guy makes the games whose only playtesters are his sons. Give him some respect, please.
There's a a problem with him that makes people angry.
One man would have took time to develop it's sequels while having money from the other games. He would have took his time while having money.
Scott has this weird manner of taking no time to make a sequel, showing that it's games are overall pretty fast to make. That's the problem : he takes no time to develop his games, he rush them. For Fnaf 2, he had some luck in it. But Fnaf 3 showed how making a game too fast has a cost on the quality, thus making the third installment of the series the weakest of them all.

With rushing the games, he makes bad decisions. For example, Fnaf 2 was too aggressive towards the player, while the third was too easy with him. Also, by making the games fast, he did not consider some changes in his games. For example, he could have worked on the story better, while still letting some of the today stuff there. If I was him, I would have let Fnaf more realistic, with the Purple Man being your main ennemy, torturing you with animatronics. Not just ghosts.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
There's a a problem with him that makes people angry.
One man would have took time to develop it's sequels while having money from the other games. He would have took his time while having money.
Scott has this weird manner of taking no time to make a sequel, showing that it's games are overall pretty fast to make. That's the problem : he takes no time to develop his games, he rush them. For Fnaf 2, he had some luck in it. But Fnaf 3 showed how making a game too fast has a cost on the quality, thus making the third installment of the series the weakest of them all.

With rushing the games, he makes bad decisions. For example, Fnaf 2 was too aggressive towards the player, while the third was too easy with him. Also, by making the games fast, he did not consider some changes in his games. For example, he could have worked on the story better, while still letting some of the today stuff there. If I was him, I would have let Fnaf more realistic, with the Purple Man being your main ennemy, torturing you with animatronics. Not just ghosts.
It was basically a bunch of factors that led into the sequel being released. Involving: the **** fanbase rushing everything, Scott not wanting to have to wait 3 days to release the demo, and the game being easy to make (except the first one, it had literally no animation, just pictures). Agree x9000 with the rest (sued by @Flight).
But the problem with the Purple Man being your enemy is strange. The guy only ever goes for children, and even with the animatronics being easily tampered with, he had no reason to do so. The main pleasure of serial killers is murdering their victims by themselves, it's real life stuff.
The robots are a counterbalance to Purple Man. While the guy kills children, the robots are friendly to kids but hostile to adults.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Seriously, Konami is failing as a company, all of their good developers are gone including Kojima, and don't get me started on Silent Hills, I was looking forward to that game... :urg:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll be honest, I LOVE FNaF.

But a fourth game (not to mention the movie...) I'll admit, is just downright milking it.

And supposedly this game is going to release on Halloween or so. Knowing the previous two games, it very well might not.

I still feel the other two sequels would've turned out a heck lot better if some more time was given to them to think things over and develop them further instead of releasing them months earlier than planned.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'll be honest, I LOVE FNaF.

But a fourth game (not to mention the movie...) I'll admit, is just downright milking it.

And supposedly this game is going to release on Halloween or so. Knowing the previous two games, it very well might not.

I still feel the other two sequels would've turned out a heck lot better if some more time was given to them to think things over and develop them further instead of releasing them months earlier than planned.
Me in a nutshell.

Scott: "I didn't want to wait 3 days to release a demo so I'll release the game 5 months earlier. Enjoy!"
Also, that Mystery Skulls Steam picture. "This time I might just disappear"...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Me in a nutshell.

Scott: "I didn't want to wait 3 days to release a demo so I'll release the game 5 months earlier. Enjoy!"
Also, that Mystery Skulls Steam picture. "This time I might just disappear"...
I really hope he sticks to his word on release/development time for once. Take more time to think things over and polish them.

Also, nice to see another fan of the animated Mystery Skulls vid. :p

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I really hope he sticks to his word on release/development time for once. Take more time to think things over and polish them.

Also, nice to see another fan of the animated Mystery Skulls vid. :p
Mind me asking where you heard of the video? :yoshi2:
I'm curious about something...

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
A friend showed me the Turntable Turnabout video one time, which is how I came across the creator's channel and the rest of his vids.
Oh. Alright.
"I need to stop worrying about things I can't control...
But sometimes, it feels so good..."
I thought you heard of it in EnergeticShadow's channel. You heard about him?

D

Deleted member

Seriously, Konami is failing as a company, all of their good developers are gone including Kojima, and don't get me started on Silent Hills, I was looking forward to that game... :urg:

Is it okay to say GAME OVER YEAH... ? :troll:
Wasn't into the game, but it sucks the thing got axed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh. Alright.
"I need to stop worrying about things I can't control...
But sometimes, it feels so good..."
I thought you heard of it in EnergeticShadow's channel. You heard about him?
"Money don't matter if it feels for you".

And the name definitely sounds familiar, I think I might've been to his channel once....I can't recall for certain, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, FNAF 3 DEFINITELY didn't have a hybrid. I know it was "bonnie"

But this thing is a hybrid

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dear Scott,

Make FNAF 4 a fixed camera survival horror game like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. FNAF's artstyle is perfect for it and it would be scary as ****.

Sincerely, a fan of good games

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Dear Scott,

Make FNAF 4 a fixed camera survival horror game like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. FNAF's artstyle is perfect for it and it would be scary as ****.

Sincerely, a fan of good games
Maybe a first person camera where you have to survive the animatronics with the help of a camera?
I mean, this is a popular idea. There's even a fan made trailer which uses it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Maybe a first person camera where you have to survive the animatronics with the help of a camera?
I mean, this is a popular idea. There's even a fan made trailer which uses it.
That would work too. Pretty well actually.
Maybe the animatronics would only be visible through the camera or something.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
That would work too. Pretty well actually.
Maybe the animatronics would only be visible through the camera or something.
Not exactly.
I think the animatronics should be faster than you, so you need to use the cameras to your survival. Either by checking if the room youre going to enter is safe, or if anything is chasing you.
But yea, a fan game made something like it. The animatronics you can see through the naked eye are pretty quick, however the Marionette is slower and can only be seen through your cellphone's screen.

The fanmade game is called Fazbear Nightmare, and the trailer is this:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Everyone should do the Hunger Games simulator again since I wasn't present for the first one. And I died in both of the ones outside here that I was in, often in embarrassing ways :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom