• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But.... Alright I guess I'm weird because if the animal is a wild animal and is dying, I know I cant help it because it is nature doing its job
And sometimes people do nature's job better.

If I see a baby ****ing bunny being mauled by a goddamn crow, and I can stop it, you better believe I will.

The downtown area where that crow was has thousands of people, and with them comes food. Crows are scavengers. It didn't need the baby bunny.

Moral of the story is that I'm not gonna just let murder happen when it can so easily be stopped.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it depends on the situation ultimately. If an animal is injured but you have the means to save it, go ahead and help it.
Naw man, its a wild animal but Oh well, thats just me

Would be different if it was a dog or a cat or any domesticated pet.
And sometimes people do nature's job better.

If I see a baby ****ing bunny being mauled by a goddamn crow, and I can stop it, you better believe I will.

The downtown area where that crow was has thousands of people, and with them comes food. Crows are scavengers. It didn't need the baby bunny.

Moral of the story is that I'm not gonna just let murder happen when it can so easily be stopped.
I guess I'm just a strange girl then

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I mean, I'll tell you it, but know that it's not for the faint of heart or squeamish. I warn you especially since you love rabbits.
I'll copy/paste from my venting thread.

I'm still shaken up.

So at roughly 5:30 today I got out of class right? And I'm walking across the big lawn at Old Main heading downtown, and I hear screaming. The saddest, highest-pitch screaming you'd ever hear. I look to my right and see that a crow is flying about a head above people-level carrying a baby bunny. The scream was coming from the bunny, in the opposite direction. I then see that a second crow had a second one. On the ground I saw what I assume was the mother rabbit freaking out.

So in a fit of I-don't-know-what-to-call-it, my mind went totally blank and I chased the nearer crow. I guess it got spooked, because it dropped the bunny from the tree branch it was perched on. I managed to beat it to the baby, however, as it tried to fly back down. I scooped up the baby bunny. The mom is watching me. The baby has a whole chunk of its cheek ripped off, and its foot looked bent, and it was covered in blood, but he was alive. Barely breathing, but alive. He was incredibly tiny. Like, basically hamster-sized. Little tiny ball of fur. And then I just kinda fell apart. The mother rabbit was staring at me about fifteen or so feet away. So was the crow, staring at me, perched up in a tree above the mother. Crows remember the faces of those who do wrongdoings to them. Not so fun fact.

Panicking, I call every animal care place in the area. Half of them wouldn't take him due to him being a wild rabbit. The other two didn't answer the phone. I wasn't gonna let the little guy die on me. For God's sake the mother rabbit already lost the other baby, since the other crow flew off with it over several buildings and out of sight. I was gonna do something right. Finally, one of the ones I left a message at earlier called back. None of their volunteers were answering their phones to pick up the baby, so I was left with the dispatcher on the other end. She was trying her hardest to get someone.

About halfway through this ordeal one girl was kind enough to get me a wad of toilet paper which I fastened into a poorly-made tourniquet to stop the bleeding. That was nice of her. No one else really cared. Hell, as it was happening everyone else just kinda ignored it or, worse, laughed. Thinking about this, I started to cry a bit, not caring at all that I was in public. The baby bunny began nuzzling into my hand.

The dispatcher asked if I could come to the office should a volunteer not show up. As a freshman, I lack a car, and it was miles away. The bus wouldn't let me bring a rabbit aboard. Another girl comes and asked if she should call a vet. I explained the situation to her, and she started helping me with the rabbit. Just a random girl walking by. It gave me a bit more faith in humanity. Eventually the dispatcher calls back and says that help is on the way. The girl and I waited and within ten more minutes (on top of the two hours since the bunny dilemma began) the volunteer gets there. She said the little guy should make a full recovery. I gave him one last nuzzle and a kiss on the head (disease be damned, it was gonna happen anyway).

I saved that baby bunny's life today. I took to calling him Lucky. But at the same time I can't get a few things out of my head. That mother rabbit watched one of her children get taken away. I wasn't able to save that one. And now her other child, though alive, is without her. I'm suffering from a weird mix of survivor's guilt and PTSD. I just...don't know what to feel. It's just messed up.

I just had to vent I guess...
Why are my eyes heavily sweating all of the sudden?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I used to kill bugs using an electric Flyswatter but I stopped using it because the smell of fried cockroach is not pleasant at all...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why are my eyes heavily sweating all of the sudden?
Because you rubbed your eyes, but then noticed that I craftily replaced your fingers with jalapeno peppers while you weren't look.
EDIT: ... ing.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Damn, a Nascar Diecast of 1:24 scale is really expensive :4mewtwo:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Now I know where you get these. :chuckle:
euh....actually, they were from my own imgur, that post is MY blog....

In fact, they were always there in the support thread of Paper Mario (click on my sig).

There's a section goodies in the end.....you can also find the input icons as they are obviously superior than the one from this site :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

One hour later and I've gotten my first customer who liked the idea of Brash in Smash. This is too damn easy. :estatic:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Guys, I'm so hyped about racing on Baby Park on 200cc, you have no idea

I just want that to be the first track online I get, with 12 people

All Villager, All bob-bombs. 200cc. Baby Park
NO LINK
BOB-OMBS ONLY
BABY PARK DESTINATION.

D

Deleted member

I'll probably stick to 150cc and lower, but ever since using a Max Speed Modifier hack on MKW, I've been wanting to play a faster Mario Kart.. hmm..

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

We noticed lol
euh....actually, they were from my own imgur, that post is MY blog....

In fact, they were always there in the support thread of Paper Mario (click on my sig).

There's a section goodies in the end.....you can also find the input icons as they are obviously superior than the one from this site :)
Ah ok :upsidedown:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
But.... Alright I guess I'm weird because if the animal is a wild animal and is dying, I know I cant help it because it is nature doing its job
Fun fact: Humans are a part of nature. We like to think that we're separate from it, but all of our actions come back to affect our ecosystem in some way or another. Sure, rescuing an adorable little bunny creates a butterfly effect, but so does letting it die.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'll probably stick to 150cc and lower, but ever since using a Max Speed Modifier hack on MKW, I've been wanting to play a faster Mario Kart.. hmm..
Well on line if you have a high enough VR that is consided 200cc worthy you will get it anyway.

Something I learned today
From a reddit message
"The average VR of the room needs to be higher than X amount of VR. General consensus is that 3000 VR is 150cc, so 200cc is probably 5000 VR)."

****, my VR is over 5000. looks like I gotta lose a lot
We noticed lol
I think its the fact the DLC sparked my love for the game again. Seeing how I have no time to do anything anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom