• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Does anyone else thinks it's weird that we still haven't heard any information about Miiverse stage & tournament mode that were announced half a year ago?
Find out in the next 2 months episode of Dragon Ball Z! :4lucas:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny, we don't know that still but we know about Dream Land 64 on 3DS :troll:
I've been hearing that on 3DS Classic Mode, there's a small chance that, when fighting against Kirby character(s), you'll fight on Battlefield.

If so, would make SOME sense since the Dream Land song is found in the 3DS update and both stages have the same basic layout. Plus please be so as I don't like that the Game Boy Dream Land is the only Kirby stage on 3DS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Find out in the next 2 months episode of Smash Ball Z! :4lucas:
Fixed.

I've been hearing that on 3DS Classic Mode, there's a small chance that, when fighting against Kirby character(s), you'll fight on Battlefield.
It's true. Happened to me while playing Classic mode with Mewtwo.

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If so, would make SOME sense since the Dream Land song is found in the 3DS update and both stages have the same basic layout. Plus please be so as I don't like that the Game Boy Dream Land is the only Kirby stage on 3DS.
Yeah, but then, Wii U elitists get angry because Dream Land 64 isn't in that game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Does anyone else thinks it's weird that we still haven't heard any information about Miiverse stage & tournament mode that were announced half a year ago?
This is slowly starting to feel like Shin Megami Tensei x Miiverse Stage
Yeah, but then, Wii U elitists get angry because Dream Land 64 isn't in that game.
Isn't that just Battlefield with wind?

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
You guys sure talk a lot about these amiibos, so I might as well enter the conversation.
My favorite amiibo is Rosalina!

In all seriousness... I know nothing and care nothing about Disney Infinity.

Soul.

Yeah, Same here. Really want this to be true
who cares, they have more legal stages than 3DS. 3DS needs more love

D

Deleted member

You guys sure talk a lot about these amiibos, so I might as well enter the conversation.
My favorite amiibo is Rosalina!

In all seriousness... I know nothing and care nothing about Disney Infinity.
Even though this was a joke post, I really wonder why people confuse Rosalina for this thing and viceversa. lol

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
"Introducing the new Miiverse Stage!"
*Shows Big Blue with Miiverse posts barely visible in the background*
"A lot of you wanted the Pirate Ship back as a stage, so we added it in the background of Big Blue, it's barely visible and only appears for a few frames, but we hope you enjoy it!"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even as a Disney fan, I never liked Disney Infinity for its figure-based DLC and the fact that it plays like Toy Story 3 the Video Game (a game I already don't enjoy).

It's not for me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not getting involved with games that are completely unplayable unless you buy a reasonable amount of figures. Especially SkyLanders due to they have nothing but OC's that don't relate to me.

The only reason I've bought some amiibos is that I'm not being pushed/forced to buy them in order for my games to actually be playable.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I realised that honestly, there's so much i can do on Tumblr about Paper Mario that some stuff just are random enough to be posted here.

Here's a funny quote:

I gotta lock this place up tighter than a jar of peanut butter at a squirrel convention.
That's from TTYD and I found that quote silly :)

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I haven't been online much but is this accurate?

Eh, the numbers of Mewtwos I've seen Online in the 3DS version has drastically fallen the day after Mewtwo codes were released.
People must be "I'll play Mewtwo today" and never play as him again.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Call it shameless on-disc DLC if you want, but that's absolutely no different than what amiibos are. :laugh:

Still better than Skylanders though. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Speaking of Infinity, I'm still extremely unlucky with trying to find Rapunzel and Stitch. For whatever reason, the stores by me just outright don't have them. :laugh:

Rapunzel
Elsa
Woody
Buzz + Jessie
Stitch
Baymax
Donald
Iron Man + Black Widow
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Starlord + Gamora
Rocket
Between them and amiibos, RIP wallet. At least Infinity figures are permanently stocked. :p

Sulley
Mr. Incredible
Captain Jack Sparrow
Wreck-it Ralph
Sorcerer Mickey
Anna
Jack Skellington
Aladdin
Groot
Captain America

Quasimodo (Please Disney. I know he's quite literally your red-headed stepchild, but c'mon.)
Goofy
Baloo
Winnie the Pooh
Belle
The Beast
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Hercules
Alice
The Mad Hatter
Kermit the Frog
WALL-E
Simba (though they said they still aren't able to get four legged characters to work :/)

Jack Kelly
Mr. Toad
The Hitchhiking Ghosts
The Hatbox Ghost
Jose Carioca
Panchito Pistoles
Milo Thatch
Jim Hawkins

Pardon my list of spoilered lists.
If I ever got Disney Infinity, Stitch would be the first one I'd try to get. One I would like but may never happen is Max Goof from A Goofy Movie.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

This intro screams shovelware and edginess to me.

I do have active vision. Flight gets rekt, again.
This is the worst intro of all.

This bloody terrified me as a kid, and I still can't stand listening to it today.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Call it shameless on-disc DLC if you want, but that's absolutely no different than what amiibos are. :laugh:

Still better than Skylanders though. :p
Well not really though.
Cuz if we're talking about Smash, then no, it's really not.
If we're talking about Hyrule Warriors or MK8 then yeah, you're right.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well not really though.
At least the Amiibos function on multiple games and franchises. I believe Disney Infinity figures only work on Disney Infinity games while Skylanders only work on Skylanders. :drshrug:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well not really though.
Smash does it as well. The mode is on the disc, and you can't access it without buying an amiibo. Technically still on disk DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The main thing Amiibo has going for it is that it works for more than one game. Though other than that, it'd be the same as Disney Infinity and Skylanders.

Speaking of Disney Infinity, if I did get any of the figures for the hell of it, I'd probably go for Spider-Man, Venom, and the other Marvel Characters.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Smash does it as well. The mode is on the disc, and you can't access it without buying an amiibo. Technically still on disk DLC.
But with the way the mode works in Smash, I can't really see it working without some sort of outside device.
With MK8 it's just costumes, and with Hyrule Warriors, it's a single weapon. Besides, I dunno about the Spinner, but I doubt that the costumes have been in MK8's code since its release, meaning that we didn't pay for them since they weren't on the disc when they came out. Making the price of the amiibo the "cost" of the DLC.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Besides mario party 10,amiibos are doing fine,is not you like you gonna need costumes on mk 8 or splatoon anyway.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I got the first Disney infinity for the sake of the Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen characters.
Ironically I got all characters from the first games besides the ones from those 2 movies. And Phineas and Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom