• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

lol

Roy got buffed from Melee, but that doesn't mean he's better than Marth. Their gameplan is different. Marth is a spacing character; Roy is a melee (not the GameCube game) character. Unless I'm wrong, Roy has issues with shields; Marth doesn't. Down tilt is a good poke for both. Marth's tipper sweetspot rewards spacing correctly. Don't get me started on Lucina...
Custom Marth is a bad matchup for Roy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>>-Better combo
-Better combo
-Better Grab
-Better KO
-Better damage
-Better speed
-Better Sweetspot
top kek

Combo consists of 2 moves. His damage is so high now that he can't combo past a few moves.
>>better KO
only if you're bad lol

>>better damage
damage is roughly the same.

>>Better sweet spot
wat?
It's better to have a combo of two move than zero like Marth or Lucina and his as probably alot more. Roy as more power on his sweetspot, who is infinily easier to land than Marth Sweetspot. (With Lucina that don't have one, meaning that her attack can't be more powerful). I'm not exactly sure of the damage but i think Roy deal more. 'Have to see for being sure. And speed and good grab are two thing that make Roy better that the two hair blue lord. Not the mention that he is heavier. (Which can be a bad thing on some situation tough.) I don't want to go into a flamewar homewer. I just want to have a good discussion. Not say that the other is **** or thing like that. I don't like that.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
lol

Roy got buffed from Melee, but that doesn't mean he's better than Marth. Their gameplan is different. Marth is a spacing character; Roy is a melee (not the GameCube game) character. Unless I'm wrong, Roy has issues with shields; Marth doesn't. Down tilt is a good poke for both. Marth's tipper sweetspot rewards spacing correctly. Don't get me started on Lucina...
Custom Marth is a bad matchup for Roy.
Roy's not tipper, not sweet spot rewards any spacing. Just saiyan.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So apparently Quintal Research sued Nintendo for patent infringement. Nintendo won.

Patent trolling is one of my least favorite practices, and current U.S. patent laws make it way too easy.
[collapse=This video is very well done, informative, and funny, but it also has a few bad words in it! Oh no!]
[/collapse]

MainJPW

M.T.A
Am I the only one who frequently forgets Mii Fighters are even a thing?
I'll admit, I never use the Mii's but I am atleast aware of their presence on the character select screen. It's the Wii Fit Trainer I always forget about, like, I forget she's in the game.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
>>Better sweet spot
wat?
It's a bit arguable, His "sweetspot" is near the hilt of the sword, and it's in fact bigger than it was in melee. His payoff from a sweetspotted Fsmash is just as good as Marth's tipped Fsmash, but you have to be close to the opponent to get in that early KO.

Roy has some really good strengths, but also has his weaknesses. Same for Marth/Lucina. Think of the two as complete opposites of each other. Imo, Roy is slightly better than Marth/Lucina just because he has more attacks that, although more risky than Marth's/Luicina's, have higher reward. Not sure how he fares against Ike though.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I'll admit, I never use the Mii's but I am atleast aware of their presence on the character select screen, It's the Wii Fit Trainer I always forget about, like, I forget she's in the game.
That happens to me all the time.

Morbi

Scavenger
So apparently Quintal Research sued Nintendo for patent infringement. Nintendo won.

Patent trolling is one of my least favorite practices, and current U.S. patent laws make it way too easy.
[collapse=This video is very well done, informative, and funny, but it also has a few bad words in it! Oh no!]
[/collapse]
Oh, that guy. He made a pretty funny video on civil asset forfeiture. With JEFF GOLDBLUM!

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Hey can you tell these scrubs why Lucina is best?
You see, Lucina is so underrated. Her playstyle is a lot easier to use and better than Marth's. People give her alot of **** because "Oh she's just a lame clone of Marth she's for noobs", but ppl just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom