• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
.....I think I'll go throw in a vote for Balloon Fighter in the ballot, and go to bed.

Good night, Social Thread.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
.... *softly weeps*

That's enough for me guys. Thanks for the matches

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I've been thinking of trying out Jigglypuff. It seems like a character I'd be good at.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just checked out the "Posts from Verified Users" section of Miiverse and there's currently 2 posts on Iwata:

Bplus Games (Best known for "Bit Boy!! ARCADE")
Finger Gun Games (Made "Stone Shire", a Minecraft clone for Wii U)

RESPECT!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just checked out the "Posts from Verified Users" section of Miiverse and there's currently 2 posts on Iwata:

Bplus Games (Best known for "Bit Boy!! ARCADE")
Finger Gun Games (Made "Stone Shire", a Minecraft clone for Wii U)

RESPECT!
Noticed that as well. They have all of my respect.

Soul.

Xbox head shows respect.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My friend an I watched the first two SAW movies.
It was neat, I guess. He also heard about Iwata being kill.
He told me he didn't die, but he really just went to the next level.

sadpope.png

So, have they decided who will be the next international president? Fan favorite pick will probably be Miyamoto.

T

Trick or Treat

Sorry for leaving like that all of a sudden. Something came up!

But I had so much fun playing!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Was at work earlier today. During my break, I noticed a notification on my phone for Facebook messenger. I found it strange because no one ever initiates a conversation with me, usually just responses. Wondered whether I initiated something, I opened the notification to find an online friend I knew from this website back in 2002 messaged me. He told me the news about Iwata. Shocked, I had to Google it on my phone to see it for myself. As tribute to a man I highly respect for all the work he's done to bring joy to my life and to many others, I posted this on my Facebook:
Shocked...sad...RIP Satoru Iwata. You will be missed. Thanks for being president of Nintendo and for all the work you've done, including the Nintendo Directs and for helping some of my favorite games get started. This includes helping Earthbound, helping the Pokemon series, and supporting Sakurai in getting the Smash Bros series approved.
He reprogrammed EarthBound from scratch when it wasn't doing too well, and it became the game it is today. While I don't know if he was involved with Pokemon gen 1, he did fit the entire region of Kanto onto GS, and he programmed Pokemon Stadium within a week. When the idea of Smash was initially rejected, he helped Sakurai make a build of the game to show off, which ended up getting approved. He even helped Melee with programming so that it would be released on time. He was not only involved with all the franchises I love, but he helped Nintendo continue to create many fun games. He entertained the audience with Nintendo Directs to show off new games. For that I will miss him. "Please understand."

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Iwata-san

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even /v/ is very sad for Iwata's passing.

Someone made this, not Nintendo themselves.
Oh god, now I thought about who is next. Miyamoto? GABEN? REGGIE!?!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
From Sakurai on Twitter:

"Even though it's an abnormal day, and I'm an in abnormal state of mind, I went to work as normal and am continuing development as normal. This would be what Mr. Iwata would have wanted, after all. I will do what I must."

For some reason, I find Sakurai to be really comforting to hear speak out and think about right now. I know we have our opinions about Sakurai, but no one can deny he is an incredible developer and an overall good person and hard worker. He works overtime to bring this game to life, and no other developer can put so much love into a game like I've seen in Smash. I appreciate everything him and Iwata have done to bring Super Smash Bros to us for all these years. As much as Iwata probably would have wanted Sakurai to keep developing and putting his love into the games he makes, I'm sure Iwata would have wanted us to continue to love and appreciate the magic that Nintendo brings to us.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Seriously though, this is a truly sad day. Here's a picture of a baby goat:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
eh, well my toe still hurts and my PC scan is being slow right now so
anyone left that wants to play smash Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom