• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
im backkkk, apparently im not leaving until tomorrow so.
I...even listen to a little heavier...too.

To be honest, I had a feeling that most of you wouldn't care for it. But that's fine, of course! :)
i actually like it. i had assssssssumed you'd enjoy heavier stuff. i think its pretty good, myself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm probably late on this, but I saw @Luggy talking about TF2 and I reminded me of something I saw on NISLT's channel.

Another Payload glitch. :4villager: You can't stop the bread glitch. It's too strong.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
TF2 is as great as ever, perhaps even greater

-says the Spy player who was buffed a ton in exchange for making 3 weapons less dumb

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
tbh, it;s not one of the best music in the game.

it;s also not much memorable for weird reasons like river twigg (btw, i tried to mess with audacity, I coudln;t find anything.....idk how they did the msuic....).
Still a good song IMO.
And for the River Twygz. Really, i think the developer where just possesed by the devil when they do this music. In fact, The neck break of Mimic, the World of nothing, the dark prostignicus is the really prophetie and all world will dissipear one day and the only thing that is possible is to ******** it, The Void. Really, this game is really dark for a Mario games. And that's why i love it too.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I haven't picked up The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion since I told you guys I would check it out.

Only one thing to do. *Slides disc into PS3*

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Watching this reminds me of how much more stuff there is going on in classical music, sometimes.
It gets overwhelming very quickly.
Also, Gustav Holst PogChamp Kreygasm
Edit: I'll probably post a 'minimalist' piece later, to show closer to the other end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Cool. I stopped liking them when their newest album didn't have any uniqueness and just sounded like the same as everyone else.

Also is Billy Talent counted as Screamo cause I like them.
im backkkk, apparently im not leaving until tomorrow so.

i actually like it. i had assssssssumed you'd enjoy heavier stuff. i think its pretty good, myself.

This is my favorite song by them...I love the sound, and it really hits home to me...s
due to the subject of the song :/
But I agree, Skaaaaaaa. I just couldn't get into them as much as my friend does.

And hey, I'm glad you like it Still! :D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One word for you: Illumise
:troll:

So how is everyone doing this afternoon?
Talking of music and SPM with aldelaro5 on how this game is dark for a Mario game. Except that, nothing for me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Who said the German language sounded harsh? :D

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Alright--alright, jeez, I'll get my weird old music out of here. :D
Anyways, I hope you're all well.
I didn't realize that 1.0.9 update was so insignificant it would take a few seconds to download :O

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I didn't realize that 1.0.9 update was so insignificant it would take a few seconds to download :O
Considering the 3DS never received an update 1.0.9 (as of yet) makes me think 1.0.9 is just an anti-hack update. Or at least, an update that's planned to be anti-hack. Although it'll be cracked soon anyway.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Still a good song IMO.
And for the River Twygz. Really, i think the developer where just possesed by the devil when they do this music. In fact, The neck break of Mimic, the World of nothing, the dark prostignicus is the really prophetie and all world will dissipear one day and the only thing that is possible is to ******** it, The Void. Really, this game is really dark for a Mario games. And that's why i love it too.
the guy at treehouse said it;s one of the best game he worked on cause he loved writting that game :)

But seriously, spm is jsut underrated. you have the freaking stix reference.....this is dark like, TTYD tbh doesn't go near as much.

like, it;s not a true rpg, but it acts so much like one that the platforming stuff doesn;t hurt anything.

To me, A Paper Mario game is a game that has the universe of mario in an appealing papery world in which you feel to be in it psychologically.

The rpg side does that. it;s very similar to earthbound in that regard, it tries to immerses you....emotionally, but not physically. it;s like you feel inside the world, but you don;t feel it's real.

So for example, the 7-1, you feel kinda weird cause you;re technically death in that world so you feel confined into soemthing evil.

While 7-2/7-3, you jsut feel happy and you jsut want to bounce on the clouds.

But in neither of these you feel it was real. A lot of games today tries this, they try to make your surrounding feel as if it was the game's.

What SS failed on that manner is because there;s not much a way to tell that you progressed by the game other than the stickers's strength, you don;t feel much the world, it's like as if the word was jsut passing withotu you noticing.

What SPM does is, as they keep advertising, views the world in different perspective, this forces you to give your attention on that world whcih introduces exploration, that is how you have your progress. As if it wasn;t enough, the void is actually there for just that, it's only to make you aware of your progress. As a role palying game, if I have no feel I progressed what so ever, than that role is kinda bland which makes me wonder why it';s an rpg in the first place.

What I don;t understand is that people would tell that having true and traditional rpg mechanics is required for the series to work.....it never required them. All it needs is a way to make you feel in the world and play with it in its style, it doesn;t take much rpg stuff to do it and spm jsut had more than enough.

Like I actually saw some comments on the paper mario subreddit and basically, people are just assuming that because it doesn't play like an rpg (which it truly doesn't) that it's not playing like a paper mario game....it;s just confusing. Like, if it manages to achieve the same goal.....it's still a paper mario game....

but then again, people assumes that paper jam is like no paper mario game so I'm not going to try to understand this, there;s no logic.....

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Talking of music and SPM with aldelaro5 on how this game is dark for a Mario game. Except that, nothing for me.
Ah, I see.
Partners in Time is pretty dark at times too.
Toad Town is especially memorable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am entertained by the valiant efforts of the hackers.
That probably won't get me to play their version of my favorite installment in the series though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I am entertained by the valiant efforts of the hackers.
That probably won't get me to play their version of my favorite installment in the series though.
Valiant indeed!
IT IS NOBLE TO FIGHT THE INSTITUTIONS OF INTELLECTUAL "PROPERTY", AND CONTRACTS WHICH SUPPOSE TO BIND THIRD PARTIES WHEN THEY HAVE NO NATURAL GROUNDS TO DO SO.
I'm glad you're at least open to playing their version, even if it's unlikely you would.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
the guy at treehouse said it;s one of the best game he worked on cause he loved writting that game :)

But seriously, spm is jsut underrated. you have the freaking stix reference.....this is dark like, TTYD tbh doesn't go near as much.

like, it;s not a true rpg, but it acts so much like one that the platforming stuff doesn;t hurt anything.

To me, A Paper Mario game is a game that has the universe of mario in an appealing papery world in which you feel to be in it psychologically.

The rpg side does that. it;s very similar to earthbound in that regard, it tries to immerses you....emotionally, but not physically. it;s like you feel inside the world, but you don;t feel it's real.

So for example, the 7-1, you feel kinda weird cause you;re technically death in that world so you feel confined into soemthing evil.

While 7-2/7-3, you jsut feel happy and you jsut want to bounce on the clouds.

But in neither of these you feel it was real. A lot of games today tries this, they try to make your surrounding feel as if it was the game's.

What SS failed on that manner is because there;s not much a way to tell that you progressed by the game other than the stickers's strength, you don;t feel much the world, it's like as if the word was jsut passing withotu you noticing.

What SPM does is, as they keep advertising, views the world in different perspective, this forces you to give your attention on that world whcih introduces exploration, that is how you have your progress. As if it wasn;t enough, the void is actually there for just that, it's only to make you aware of your progress. As a role palying game, if I have no feel I progressed what so ever, than that role is kinda bland which makes me wonder why it';s an rpg in the first place.

What I don;t understand is that people would tell that having true and traditional rpg mechanics is required for the series to work.....it never required them. All it needs is a way to make you feel in the world and play with it in its style, it doesn;t take much rpg stuff to do it and spm jsut had more than enough.

Like I actually saw some comments on the paper mario subreddit and basically, people are just assuming that because it doesn't play like an rpg (which it truly doesn't) that it's not playing like a paper mario game....it;s just confusing. Like, if it manages to achieve the same goal.....it's still a paper mario game....

but then again, people assumes that paper jam is like no paper mario game so I'm not going to try to understand this, there;s no logic.....
Yeah! SPM as a lot of thing that still make him a RPG. But the story is just one of the best thing in this game! The character, The Music, The ambiance, the Darkness...all this thing is why i love this game so much! And why i despite SS : You feel like a RPG, not just New Super Mario Bros but with Sticker and a plot that doesn't exist with character with no personality. Gosh, and people still complain on SPM after all this year? What a bunch of joker's.:4wario:
Ah, I see.
Partners in Time is pretty dark at times too.
Toad Town is especially memorable.
Oh yeah, PIT is also pretty dark. One of the darkness Mario game with SPM. Funny thing that this two game are the less liked in their series.:4yoshi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've only played TF2 once, back in September 2011. To be honest, it was kind of horrid. I can blame several functions of the Steam client software for this, rather than the game itself. I could specify them if you want, but I don't feel like it right now.

This was the major reason as to why I settled on "disabling" my account and never coming back to the service ever again. Like I said a couple dozen of times before, my past group of chatters obligated me to download it. I know I should've gotten over it at this rate.

But alas, as @ Soul. Soul. says, I got rid of them.

Soul.

I don't even know what was the point of 1.0.9. I'll never know though, so...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Valiant indeed!
IT IS NOBLE TO FIGHT THE INSTITUTIONS OF INTELLECTUAL "PROPERTY", AND CONTRACTS WHICH SUPPOSE TO BIND THIRD PARTIES WHEN THEY HAVE NO NATURAL GROUNDS TO DO SO.
I'm glad you're at least open to playing their version, even if it's unlikely you would.
I'm totally open to it, and I won't know for sure until I try it out anyway. I'm not one of those people who like to think things are bad without ever trying it myself (...unless it's a movie or something).

If there were to be a project M-like hack, I just hope it continues to keep the (subjectively) good things while fixing the (subjectively) bad things.

As of right now, I like Sm4sh more than Project M. Besides the fact that I like it more, I can find people to play with around my area that won't be a **** to me if I don't wavedash or something.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Startin sometime dis week, ah'm gonna be takin' a hiatus for a week. Ah might miss this hootenanny they call Comic-Con if Nintendo's gonna be foolin around over there, but ah just hope it's not a yawnburger with a side o' snores like last year wuz.

I need to learn how to actually type in an elderly voice, that was terrible.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah! SPM as a lot of thing that still make him a RPG. But the story is just one of the best thing in this game! The character, The Music, The ambiance, the Darkness...all this thing is why i love this game so much! And why i despite SS : You feel like a RPG, not just New Super Mario Bros but with Sticker and a plot that doesn't exist with character with no personality. Gosh, and people still complain on SPM after all this year? What a bunch of joker's.:4wario:

Oh yeah, PIT is also pretty dark. One of the darkness Mario game with SPM. Funny thing that this two game are the less liked in their series.:4yoshi:
sorry, but SS is still the least liked paper mario game by far.

Spm was mixed (which is still low to me), but SS was really not liked by most.

like, I just was so much confused when I played spm. I was so confused that I really didn;t get what was the point of the game not being a paper mario game. I seriously tried to find a reason.....there really isn't!

And this impression was as early as after I died by saying no and game over....it;s really early because to me, that ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE PAPER MARIO!!!!!

It;s like if you were telling me this about TTYD, I would be EXTREMELY confused after I hear the tittle theme.....it';s just contradicting....

After I passed ch3 I was just like "PEOPLE LIED TO ME!".

That;s why I spent so much time on first impressions essay, I was trying to figure out because frankly, I didn't get why but it just worked. it took like a week for me to figure out that basically....the flipping is genius.

So, as for why people still complain about spm, it;s because well SS just added to it. And people just apparently can;t make the difference between being different while following a direction that makes sense and be different while just being a mess.....

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Started watching Pandora Hearts.

Not sure if I like Alice. I like Gil more

Why is PiT SPM my bad, disliked? It is a great game

Wow, thanks for reminding me to buy the game on my Wii u

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm totally open to it, and I won't know for sure until I try it out anyway. I'm not one of those people who like to think things are bad without ever trying it myself (...unless it's a movie or something).

If there were to be a project M-like hack, I just hope it continues to keep the (subjectively) good things while fixing the (subjectively) bad things.

As of right now, I like Sm4sh more than Project M. Besides the fact that I like it more, I can find people to play with around my area that won't be a **** to me if I don't wavedash or something.
What if I told you there was such a thing as objectively good / bad game design?

That being said, just wondering, I'll drop it after asking, what do you think is good about S4 / what was fixed?
Also, wow, your region must be full of *****. I feel you, I hate Illinois.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
sorry, but SS is still the least liked paper mario game by far.

Spm was mixed (which is still low to me), but SS was really not liked by most.

like, I just was so much confused when I played spm. I was so confused that I really didn;t get what was the point of the game not being a paper mario game. I seriously tried to find a reason.....there really isn't!

And this impression was as early as after I died by saying no and game over....it;s really early because to me, that ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE PAPER MARIO!!!!!

It;s like if you were telling me this about TTYD, I would be EXTREMELY confused after I hear the tittle theme.....it';s just contradicting....

After I passed ch3 I was just like "PEOPLE LIED TO ME!".

That;s why I spent so much time on first impressions essay, I was trying to figure out because frankly, I didn't get why but it just worked. it took like a week for me to figure out that basically....the flipping is genius.

So, as for why people still complain about spm, it;s because well SS just added to it. And people just apparently can;t make the difference between being different while following a direction that makes sense and be different while just being a mess.....
I know that people hate more SS. And that's why i said that SPM is the less "liked". No that hated contrary to SS. But still less liked than the First PM and TTYD. But still if you see the number of fanart for exemple for SPM. There is still a good number! Heck, my avi. is a draw of a person thinking that Count Bleck will be a character in Brawl because of the trailer of the ESS and he liked the idea of Count Bleck be in! That's prove that people still like alot this game in my opinion.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I know that people hate more SS. And that's why i said that SPM is the less "liked". No that hated contrary to SS. But still less liked than the First PM and TTYD. But still if you see the number of fanart for exemple for SPM. There is still a good number! Heck, my avi. is a draw of a person thinking that Count Bleck will be a character in Brawl because of the trailer of the ESS and he liked the idea of Count Bleck be in! That's prove that people still like alot of this game in my opinion.
oh about the fanbase in general....it;s very scatered unfortunately.

like sorry to kinda break it, but these aren;t much proof. I have to do heavy google search sometime to find stuff.

oh actually, this lead me to say completely out of the blue, i found by heavy googling movesets this:

http://gamejolt.com/games/epic-paper-mario/71638#close

it;s basically a fan game page of a paper mario game, lol idk how I found that :)

but yeah, it;s just very hard to find something. Which is why it makes my job really hard to try to find ballot votes....they are not commonly posted for him....i;m sure people still votes for him like they voted in the poll, but it;s just annoying to have to dig the internet to find stuff.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if I told you there was such a thing as objectively good / bad game design?

That being said, just wondering, I'll drop it after asking, what do you think is good about S4 / what was fixed?
Also, wow, your region must be full of *****. I feel you, I hate Illinois.
I never said there wasn't objectively good/bad game design. Tripping was a ****ty move, so P:M obviously took it out.

The air dodge mechanics, speed of fighting, etc. are debatable. That's what I meant. It's more of a matter of preference than anything else for those things. While I like faster fights, the Melee style air dodging was kinda lame to me.
I didn't feel the need to mention the objectively good anything because I thought that was a given. :4pacman:

About S4? It's all just personal preference to me. I like the speed of the game over Brawl's and Melee's. I like all the new features and the fact that the A.I. is better. If I were to play competitively, I could, because it has a decent competitive scene. I also appreciate every new character. All of them. Wii Fit Trainer's addition made me laugh incredibly hard.

I can tell you that I don't like a lot of the blast zones and there are some other things in the game that need fixing, but I'm not someone who generally pays attention to those things (...not to say that I don't want to be, I do, I just lack the time.)

And yes, my region is full of try-hard man-babies.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Started watching Pandora Hearts.

Not sure if I like Alice. I like Gil more

Why is PiT SPM my bad, disliked? It is a great game

Wow, thanks for reminding me to buy the game on my Wii u
YOUR WATCHING PANDORA HEARTS?!?!?!?!? URGHHHHH MY ****!!!!!!!!! I HAVE FINALLY ACCOMPLISH MY OBJECTIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and for SPM, people have just bad tasted sadly. It's a great game like you said.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I've finally decided to play the MGS games. Thankfully, my dad has the HD collection, which has MGS 2, Snake Eater, Peace Walker, and the first two MGS games. I've waited too long to get into this series, considering I want Snake back in SSB4...

Also, Paper Mario talk. Cool :4pacman:

Soul.

Smash 4 removed all of Brawl's jank, while also removing some of Brawl's gems, like DACUS, more generous autocancels and other **** I don't remember.
It's the "better" game though, but Brawl shouldn't have received the hate it had years ago.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Your character roams my village and I can check her stats because of it.

Because of this, I now realize exactly how much you play this game.

Nearly woke my roommates up last night trying to hold back saying "HOLY ****"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom