• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm generally a VGM guy, so I listen to that the most. In rare occasions, I get to listen real 60's-90's music whenever I feel like it.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Well, what's your idea of it? I will post something, but I am just curious.
ehh not sure, judging by your "Probably not what you're expecting" thing earlier, i woulddd assume... i dunno, something lol.
i cant really think of a specific genre...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I mostly listen to 80's/90's Rock, gaming/anime/RWBY soundtrack, Synthesized music and remixes, and good orchestral stuff.

Sometimes my tastes are so conflicted that my existence becomes a contradiction.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I mostly listen to vgm....but really picky on the quality.

I won;t hesitate to go through the trouble to rip ost to get quality. Seriously, mp3 and youtube just sucks.....even at 192kbps, i can notice differences....

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm not very good at separating music by genres. I guess I either like what I hear, or don't.
For me, labeling music by the atmosphere it creates is a lot easier than by genre.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
NOTHING from before 2000?!?
THERE IS OVER 100,000 YEARS OF HUMAN HISTORY
Go stand on a hill!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I listen to rock from the 60s-80s and some 50s as well and pop from the 70s and 80s. Whenever I feel nostalgic, I listen to 90s music. I rarely listen to anything post-2000. And no, I'm not born in Le Wrong Generation. Yes, sometimes I wonder how it would be if I lived in those times for a day, but I also do that with the 14th century for example.
And sometimes at VGM as well, but I have to be really in the mood for it.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
OG Ponies are the best ponies

Can I kill myself now?
Ok actualy wow I didnt mean to sound so mean, especially since I dont hate the show (watched season 1 and it seems like a great show for kids actually)

There. I, Luggy, made you kill yourself.
I dont even know Im dead lol what an idiot I am.

Oh **** Im dead.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've decided to stop using :4shulk: so much and focus on more offensive characters like Mac, Bowser, and Ike.

So...what's happening? :4pacman:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Although I will say something, I usually hate vocals in music.

I jsut am bad at multitasking. Decoding a separate vocal track where I need to be concentrated on the words while letting my brain decode the music behind.....I jsut can;t fit these together and I end up not caring for one of the 2 making it a really bad experience.

The only time I'm fine with vocals is if the sound of the vocals actually fits with the music....extremely rare, but some music are designed for it and they jsut works.

I also don;t like tracks that jsut plainly don;t have relation each other or feels too repetitive. I said FEEL, it can be repeptitive, but there might be soemthing that makes you forget it is...that works too.

And the best music I ever heard were music that had very simple notes. I do enjoy orchestra.....if the notes are simple. What i mean is I enjoy classical, the notes are quite simple and the background track just merges with the notes, I really like this.

Which leads me to my best style of music: 8 bit inspired. Sometime, true 8 bit is just awesome like pokemon G/S/C ice path, it;s just beeps, but it's impressive what they achieved with it. This is the whole reason I ADORE the paper mario series ost from first 3 games, they are retro style especially TTYD and spm. I'm one of these guys that just love a lot more the underchomp music than the middle boss music and both are just very awesome, I just plainly love the 8bit style.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I love the new update of TF2. Having missions is pretty fun, the reward is nice and it's well made. Yeah sure, it's obviously taken from the last Counter Strike, but it's still fun nonetheless.

I know nobody cares about my Team Fortress 2 talk.
View attachment 60184
I recently got into TF2 thanks to Steam. The new update is pretty fun to play.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, music talk.
It's like being in the middle of FE talk all over again.
I'll just come back later. :upsidedown:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Although I will say something, I usually hate vocals in music.

I jsut am bad at multitasking. Decoding a separate vocal track where I need to be concentrated on the words while letting my brain decode the music behind.....I jsut can;t fit these together and I end up not caring for one of the 2 making it a really bad experience.

The only time I'm fine with vocals is if the sound of the vocals actually fits with the music....extremely rare, but some music are designed for it and they jsut works.

I also don;t like tracks that jsut plainly don;t have relation each other or feels too repetitive. I said FEEL, it can be repeptitive, but there might be soemthing that makes you forget it is...that works too.

And the best music I ever heard were music that had very simple notes. I do enjoy orchestra.....if the notes are simple. What i mean is I enjoy classical, the notes are quite simple and the background track just merges with the notes, I really like this.

Which leads me to my best style of music: 8 bit inspired. Sometime, true 8 bit is just awesome like pokemon G/S/C ice path, it;s just beeps, but it's impressive what they achieved with it. This is the whole reason I ADORE the paper mario series ost from first 3 games, they are retro style especially TTYD and spm. I'm one of these guys that just love a lot more the underchomp music than the middle boss music and both are just very awesome, I just plainly love the 8bit style.
That's an interesting opinion. To tell the truth, I like both vocals and music; however, if the music is mostly lyrics based, I dislike long intervals with music only and no lyrics. I'm not sure why.

Soul.

Hahaha someone just mentioned FE talk.
....and I see this all of a sudden.

lmao why is his face in that portrait

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I listen to almost everything. Except for country.

My playlists go from screamo to pop to electronic to rap.
I can't stand screamo anymore... I used to listen to this Canadian band Silverstein. I don't know if you know of them or not.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Talk about music huh? Well for me, i like every genre of music if i just like the song. Because of that, i have too much song that i like and that i can't say that i have a favourite one. But since i'm pretty PM today. I think i can show this music that i love:
This is just too good for my ear......Underrated Video Game music right here.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
'Talk about music huh? Well for me, i like every genre of music if i just like the song. Because of that, i have too much song that i like and that i can't say that i have a favourite one. But since i'm pretty PM today, i think i can show this music that i love:
This is just too good for my ear......Underrated Video Game music right here.
it;s underrated for a reason: you don;t hear it much.

You hear it after you beat 7-4 and you are at the top.

Although I kinda like it, I just wish it wasn;t that much constant.....

T

Trick or Treat

I can't stand screamo anymore... I used to listen to this Canadian band Silverstein. I don't know if you know of them or not.
My best guy friend, his favorite band of all time has always been Silverstein. I somewhat like them, but not as much as him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
it;s underrated for a reason: you don;t hear it much.

You hear it after you beat 7-4 and you are at the top.

Although I kinda like it, I just wish it wasn;t that much constant.....
Yeah i know. I think i never hear this song until i see Chuggaaconroy Let's Play on SPM. And man, I'm demanding to myself since how i never hear this song when i was in my SPM period.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My best guy friend, his favorite band of all time has always been Silverstein. I somewhat like them, but not as much as him.
Cool. I stopped liking them when their newest album didn't have any uniqueness and just sounded like the same as everyone else.

Also is Billy Talent counted as Screamo cause I like them.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Favorite Types of music I listen to?
  • VGM
  • Grunge
  • Punk Rock
  • '60s, '80s, and '90s rock
  • Metal
  • '90s Hip-Hop
  • Occasionally EDM

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Think of something really sad, beautiful, or tragic, and watch this

I cry every time.

Even the video description gets me.
"Leonard Slatkin conducts Barber's Adagio for Strings, in memory of the late James DePreist—great American conductor and longtime friend of the DSO."
And the expression the conductor has on some parts D: D: D:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah i know. I think i never hear this song until i see Chuggaaconroy Let's Play on SPM. And man, I'm demanding to myself since how i never hear this song when i was in my SPM period.
because you're not supposed to hear it on first playthrough.

Also, please use in game or ripped music when lidtening, it;s just naturally better than youtube....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL this episode of X-Files is more or less "The Thing"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
because you're not supposed to hear it on first playthrough.

Also, please use in game or ripped music when lidtening, it;s just naturally better than youtube....
But i don't really remember if i ever go to the Overthere Shrine after the Final Boss, when i was younger. So maybe i hear this song but i just don't remember it? Really, i don't know.:4falco:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
But i don't really remember if i ever go to the Overthere Shrine after the Final Boss, when i was younger. So maybe i hear this song but i just don't remember it? Really, i don't know.:4falco:
tbh, it;s not one of the best music in the game.

it;s also not much memorable for weird reasons like river twigg (btw, i tried to mess with audacity, I coudln;t find anything.....idk how they did the msuic....).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom