• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Wasn't Sonic X responsible for "GATTA GO FAST"? :4sonic: Or was it something earlier and Sonic X just made it bigger?
"Gotta Go Fast" was an opening theme for Sonic X.
I hate his voice too, especially in french.
But then the french guys at SEGA decided to hire the guy to be the official "French Sonic voice".
I suffer everyday when I see a Sonic player with his frenchy Sonic voice, spamming his UpBs and Dairs.
:4sonic: " C'était presque trop facile " - French Sonic, 2014.
To me, I feel that his voice starting in Sonic X and Shadow the Hedgehog was annoying. Yeah it felt like Sonic and ****, but it's annoying af.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Damn, Benjamin Harrison aged backwards.

Did he feed off the tears of Grover Cleveland losing the election against him?
He's the 23rd president of the United States of Valentine. It's kind of like America but with more Jesus corpse parts and people turning into dinosaurs.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I may stay up late to see if I can watch the Fireworks

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lol the Nascar FB page is pure rage now; some people want to riot if the only mexican racing wins tody

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
He's the 23rd president of the United States of Valentine. It's kind of like America but with more Jesus corpse parts and people turning into dinosaurs.
My kind of America.

Brb trading bodies with Rex.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So while at the mall, I saw a DVD Playboy did about "Women of Wal-Mart".
'Cause obviously there's not one that is sexier than freaking Wally's World.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I'm going to do the weirdest review ever becasue I will not review any game.....

I'll review the manuals of the Paper Mario series :)

All 4 of them because tbh, a manual.....is a manual. There's not much to say about its functionality, it warns you about pointless stuff (remember kids, playing video games is dangerous :) ).

But the way they present the manual to me is quite a big part of what should be coming because it plays a part in how the product is presented. It's like the "preplaying" if you want :)

And it's paper mario stuff, I care :)

Anyway wil spoiler this cause it's long:

Let's start with pm64.

the front and back cover are really the most uninteresting of the series, it's just the logo, a nintendo 64 ion the background.....and the back cover has like stuff for supports but let me get this straight, if you don;t know how to hook up an n64, why did you bought this game?

there;s also a thing related to nintendo power.....ok I don't get it, it's old stuff let's move on.

Before the table of the content, this is the ONLY manual of the series that thanks you about purchasing the game :) I wish TTYD was like that, but apparently they don;t care to encourage playing before playing now :(

ok quick note, why they include phone number to get help on a game WHEN THE FREAKING GAME ITSELF HAS AN HINT SYSTEM!!!! Seriously, there;s even some phone numbers about talking with a "game couseillor" and what's worse is they cost money per minute.....what?

The background of the whole manual are nice however, it's the stage you see on the tittle screen. Although going to be honest, if it didn't had paper int he tittle, you wouldn't guess it's papery stuff except the manual itself which is made of paper....you get the idea.

the table of contents as a cute (they are all btw) picture of Paper Mario doing an finger wags which makes me miss this animation.....I hope it returns in Paper jam :(

Now, here's an hilarious quote:

"The Control Stick is a precision instrument; make sure not to spill liquids or place any foreign objects into it".

This is talking like people never heard of this "precision instruments" and it does tell you the age of the manual :)

I love how they say "the Paper Mario game" did they planned to not release TTYD? :)

going tbh, I find the presentation a bit too basic, but at least there;s pics of the game that actually are from an early build because some are so weird.....

another hilarious quote is this:

"you can enjoy Paper Mario in stereo too!"

I laugh at this exclamation mark, IT'S REVOLUTIONARY, GUYS, THIS IS CRAZY, I CAN;T BELIVE PLAYING IN STEREO? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

....moving on :)

the toad town pic really look bad....it;s like an unified green rather than the floor in square you saw int he fianl version, nintendo, fix your stuff :)

along with the most basic controls explanation, there;s lots of picture. I jsut wish the color depth didn;t sucked though....

also, I really love when you see Paper mario having hsi finger in his ears when bombette is ready to explode, how cute :)

And the battle system is explained with an overkill amount of graph....geez it;s not that complicated for sake....

at the end, i loved it because you see hints that are given by the star spirits and they are like.....addressing you in second person. This was actually retained in TTYD and tbh, i kind love that, also one of the spirits said "my boy" and I though t about that CDI game :)

Then we see the usual notes field which is jsut the same background. Now, to be perfectly honest, WHY DO I NEED A NOTES FIELD ON THE FREAKING MANUAL? Who used it anyway?

So overall, the pictures and background of the manuals are good, but it;s clearly lacking some presentation attractive on the covers as well as the color depth. However, the artwork are really cute :)

TTYD now :)

The covers is the same art as the boxart which makes it automatically superior (I love the boxart). Except that backcover has the other side of the map....with a fold in the topleft corner which is really neat and clever, we finally see evidences of papers :)

a quick note that I didn't know this game supported it: you can reset your stick and soft reset the game. I actually just learned this and idk that.....weird.....

Going to outright say it, the presentation is GORGEOUS! You really see every kind of papers, parchment, cut paper, uncrumpled paper and the color are very varied. I really love this manual, it just looks attractive, like the game :)

I should also mention that the font isn;t the hey gorgeous, but it varies enough to be somewhat gorgeous.

now the biggest disappointment of this manual is it break the curses jokes, NO THEY ARE NOT "new abilities" THEY ARE TERRIBLE CURSES THAT ARE EVIL!!!! Seriously, they could have at least teased something....c'mon, it sounds so boring.

For explaining the battle system, it;s much better, it;s just subtitle with text, much better than the over complicated graph of pm64.

however they really overkilled the explanation of the pause screen.....really they even explain what is "play time".....idk, it;s the time I play rock paper scissors? (paper wins :) ).

oh and I forgot the mention, it varies but the background is like a cut paper.....kinda like SS, but a bit less bright.

The unnecessary notes has the boxart artwork in the background making you want to not use it because it;s so good to look at these characters with Cortez (I like him :) ).

Now spm :)

The cover is just the boxart, but the back cover....I guess it;s fine. You don't see anythign related to paper but rather something related to the 3d being screwed up....

My biggest disappointment with this manual is the background is white with the usual thin font....this hurts my eyes, I really wish they would've done a better job in the background. Also, almost all the manuals stuff are stuff from ch1.....this is not the best part of the game, why don;t you show papers and cubes instead?

Well....they actually do show them, but rather subtle. Overall this manual has way too much white in it, the colors are very bright, but the white kinda overkills it....

The explanation are much more simplified but has lots of pics and artwork too making it I think the msot balanced manual between gorgeousness and usefulness. However, it did scrapped the joke that you can game over by choosing "wrong" dialog choices. it's not "wrong", it;s any sane person would not do them it;s like "no I don;t want to save the world and i just want to die" kind of jokes. Btw, this was absent in TTYD, this was totally unnecessary to scrap that joke....

Other than that....that;s it. yeah, the presentation needs more variety, but there;s no notes field, YAY!!!!

And finally SS :(

this doesn't deserve a smiley face. no matter what you think of the game, this manual sucks!

Unfortunately, it;s not the only modern one, Nintendo has got into a trend that the manual must loose all their gorgeousness to fit into a single sheet when you just see the most basic explanation ever. This is not because SS has no story or really complex mechanic, literally every manuals lately are like this. So, it;s not because of the game here, blame nintendo to be too much affraid that peopel don;t understand these manuals....

Anyway, the front cover is the boxart....which I didn;t like in the first palce, but anyway. the back cover is....it;s jsut the splash screen with slightly more stuff but tbh, I don't like every SS artwork. The everything has a bright orange background with square.

the 2 square pages (so, one full page) of the ENTIRE manual.....well I don;t think i need to explain how lacking it is. It;s really basic, like too basic. The only good thing is it;s clear there's paper, you see a lot of cut paper. And this is the most ironic quote I ever seen:

Knowing when to
retreat is also part of a
good battle strategy.
Repeatedly press A
to increase your odds
of getting away.

A good strategy? I hope cause it;s actually the best strategy of the game.....

Anyway, if you wondered if there was something else....nope. The rest is the usual boring "video games are dangerous" and warranty stuff. THAT'S IT!

In conclusion, TTYD is really my favorite manual. It;s gorgeous and doesn;t overexplain THAT much unlike pm64 which isn't THAT gorgeous and overexplains a lot while spm doesn't overexplain, but lack some diversity in the presentation.

As for SS, this is something that tells me why manuals are jsut so uninteresting today. It's jsut fun to have a physical copy that you own, that you can held it in your hand and have a manual that is basically a preview of even starting the game. The electronics manuals cannot achieve this, it;s not something you can feel and read in your hand....and for such a series as Paper Mario, I do care about this feel.

That;s it, feel free to accuse me of overexplaining something about overexplaining, but I;m pranked so why not?

:)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Freedom demands that we allow the most hateful ideologies to speak freely, completely unhampered by the law.
With exception there is inconsistency.
With inconsistency there is no reason left, and all is arbitrary.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TIME FOR SOME DAYTONA

**** It's raining again

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Freedom demands that we allow the most hateful ideologies to speak freely, completely unhampered by the law.
With exception there is inconsistency.
With inconsistency there is no reason left, and all is arbitrary.
The Internet: Where you will find the good, the bad, the ****ed up, the nasty, and fake Smash leaks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think our Patroitism is finally taking it's physical form!

Behold: Eagle Warrior of FREEDOM!!!

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I get it now.

Still think he should duke it out with swords though. Preferably dual wielding because Hyrule Warriors. :4ganondorf:
Then they feel the dark power of his fists. The punch is mightier than the sword- Doc Lewis

I think our Patroitism is finally taking it's physical form!

Behold: Eagle Warrior of FREEDOM!!!

I NEED IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom