• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Character wishlists? Sure I'll bite. Like you, they're in no particular order.

- Quote (Cave Story)
- Shovel Knight
- Victini (Inb4 "but he's a poke ball")
- Young Link (preferably with a new or Luigified moveset but I'll take what I can)
- Wolf
- Saria (Because Hyrule Warriors disappoint >:[ )
- Rayman
- Daisy

I'm sure there's more but my expectations were pretty much severed after the past DLC. But who knows maybe some more will show. Preferably from my list because the other DLC sucked to me. :younglinkmelee:
And here's my most wanted characters from most to least:

• Ridley
  • Wonder-Red
  • Dark Samus
  • And as for the almost-certainly-won't-be-in-but-would-be-cool: CommanderVideo
Lucas used to be on the list as well, but then he was added back in!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There isn't any incest in Fates.
Good. The last thing you want is some gross 3 legged person in your video games. They won't be able to Aether properly. :4myfriends:

Also, don't date your cousins/other family members, that's also pretty gross.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know what I mean, the idea is that you're having a relationship with your siblings, blood or not. The Amie lines play that up greatly with most of them citing the fact that you're siblings ("Oh, onii-chan!" "You're no longer my brother." "What will you do to your little brother?"), so it's still an angle even if it's not blood.

That also leads into what I think is a major problem with this, and that's concerning the theme of the game. It's supposed to be choosing your blood ties or your adoptive family, that was a major theme that the story played up, yet, all for the sake of allowing you to bone, they neuter the former by...

putting in an excuse in the S supports. You're not blood related to your Hoshido kin, they're step siblings at best and that blood tie theme is not as present. So essentially they're hurting the major theme of their game just so you can satisfy your desire to sleep with your brother or sister. That's not good writing, especially in the way they did it as (at least as far as we know) it never pops up in the main story. Your siblings will never tell you unless you get that high, so it comes off poorly. If they wanted to do an incest angle that much, then fine, but don't hurt a major storyline theme in the process while doing so.

Yoo those lines were the best parts
The models are much better IMO, they make for great avatars.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Good. The last thing you want is some gross 3 legged person in your video games. They won't be able to Aether properly. :4myfriends:

Also, don't date your cousins/other family members, that's also pretty gross.
It's not like you're blood related to any of them so who cares?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

But Toon Link is best Link.

Correct. :4pacman:
Of course.
Nobody can beat Toon Link.
He has the power of the the Triforce of Courage...
The power over the winds, phantoms, and trains...
The power of the Four Sword...
The power of the Phantom and Lokomo Swords...
The power of the Master Sword...
But none of that even compares to his most lethal weapon...

THE POWER OF TEAM SPIRIT!

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
help

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Eh, I'm still not happy with how SSB4's DLC has turned out so far. :4mewtwo: is just underwhelming and doesn't do squat to stand out in the roster, :4lucas: is just Ness with a garbage grab holding him way back, :4feroy: is just a marginally better :4marth: (if at all) and really makes :4lucina: more redundant then before, and:4ryu: is interesting but not really a great choice as far as the character itself goes since people tend to either play Smash or "real" fighters and not both. There's no really unique characters like :4wario:, :4villager: or :4peach: that the average Nintendo fan would be interested in so far.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Oh please, don't pull the "they're only half siblings" or "they're adopted so it's not incest" card.

They're still you're brothers and sisters, you grew up with them, (Kamui/Korrin even believed the Nohr Royal family were his/her genetic siblings until they were an adult) . As for the "half" siblings, with children involved, that's inbreeding, which has its consequences (not so much with two cousins, admittedly) I really dislike the "love above all else" ideal.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eh, I'm still not happy with how SSB4's DLC has turned out so far. :4mewtwo: is just underwhelming and doesn't do squat to stand out in the roster, :4lucas: is just Ness with a garbage grab holding him way back, :4feroy: is just a marginally better :4marth: (if at all) and really makes :4lucina: more redundant then before, and:4ryu: is interesting but not really a great choice as far as the character itself goes since people tend to either play Smash or "real" fighters and not both. There's no really unique characters like :4wario:, :4villager: or :4peach: that the average Nintendo fan would be interested in so far.
You best shut up before you start something

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've only got Ryu so far. I really like his playstyle, he's very fun to play as.

That said, I always liked Roy more than Marth for the admittedly shallow reason of him looking badass in comparison. I might eventually buy him too. But Ike is my favorite FE Swordsmen. Who are you interested in? While I do have some preferences in characters, I'll be happy with damn near anyone if they are fun to use.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty sure every following character will be ones Nintendo fans would be interested in since they're all gonna be fan service characters.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
From how I see it, Lucas and Ness are the most dissimilar of all the "Clone" characters in Smash Bros.
You can't really call Lucas "Ness with a garbage Grab" and be correct.

Roy I suppose you have a point, but he's different enough from Marth now that Lucina can still have her purpose.

Ryu and Mewtwo I dunno what to say about.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh please, don't pull the "they're only half siblings" or "they're adopted so it's not incest" card.

They're still you're brothers and sisters, you grew up with them, (Kamui/Korrin even believed the Nohr Royal family were his/her genetic siblings until they were an adult) . As for the "half" siblings, with children involved, that's inbreeding, which has its consequences (not so much with two cousins, admittedly) I really dislike the "love above all else" ideal.
Half Siblings can still do that stuff in the game? Never mind, that's messed up. The adopted thing is a separate can of worms. But if someone shares at least on parent with you by means of DNA, it's still filthy in-breeding.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Certainly doesn't stop them from getting their S Support on
:4lemmy:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's unlikely, but how cool would it be if Smash Run had an online variation? I think the concept has a lot of potential. So I'm interested in what some of you guys have to say about it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Half Siblings can still do that stuff in the game? Never mind, that's messed up. The adopted thing is a separate can of worms. But if someone shares at least on parent with you by means of DNA, it's still filthy in-breeding.
Corrin is only related to the other 4 through marriage, same with Azura to the Nohr kids.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Falco has his own sitcom series. The music is so unfitting with how serious he looks and the fights! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom