• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

I'm alright with a lot of the popular choices being picked. Those characters are popular for a reason. It's not just the games they come from, but the fact that many of them offer a lot of potential as characters too. I think a lot of people underestimate just how much a lot of fans do care about gameplay. Even if some people are more attached to the characters instead.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I understand completely. And it's not like I would be disappointed either way. I wasn't trying to complain or anything, just making an observation. King K Rool, for example, would be very interesting tk play as.

Ace Attorney?

:231:
Yesss, omg. Thank you. You have no idea how much it was bothering me lately, that I couldn't put my finger on it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It won't. There's NX and NX Smash. :wario:

Honestly, they probably could re-release Smash 4 with all DLC and up-scaled it. It'd still make money. Though to be honest, I think that's why I'm not expecting the NX to drop for a little while longer.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Just play it for... fun? *shrugs* How do you NG+ A game made for relaxing with no objectives?
Just thinking it'd be nice to start with a net so I don't get stung by a scorpion before I ever got one like on my first file. And I'd be buging everybody I know for silver tools anyway...

Sometimes I wonder if I've gotten too serious for AC. :estatic:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Usually, the traps are very handsome priests, but Fates mixed it up with a rod knight. So, a unisex version of the troubadour class instead of straightup priest like Lucius, or a war monk like Libra. The "priest" in Fates looks like this.

Name's Izana and he's an exorcist. Not exactly friendly-looking or handsome.
He's kinda hot tbh

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

You kids. Back in my day, we blindly accepted whatever we got, and by gum, we liked it!

Best compromise, imo. :4pacman:

As long as Cranky gets the Pogo and the Golf Swing, I'll be happy with that :4pacman:

and maybe a tophat/blue shirt included as an Alt. just for ****s and giggles

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Fire emblem needs some other weapon types... like Scythes and flails... those would be boss as ****. In fact I'm gonna think up some cool classes that'd use them!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
- Young Link (preferably with a new or Luigified moveset but I'll take what I can)
You want Pichu too?

I don't see how :younglinkmelee: is different from :4tlink:besides the neutral special which is already a custom for :4link:.
We did get Marth #3 (aka :4feroy:) back, so it's not impossible. I would just like to see something different. Maybe change the Fire Arrow into the Slingshot? I don't know, maybe give him his Majora's Mask Sword and Shield.

Smash Bros. is Street Fighter?
It can also be Marvel vs. Capcom if we say Ultimate Smash Bros. Is that better? :4pacman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fire emblem needs some other weapon types... like Scythes and flails... those would be boss as ****. In fact I'm gonna think up some cool classes that'd use them!
Necromancer for scythes.

You know what, we need mace users to clobber that there enemy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I appreciate your effort, Captain Obvious, but I'd rather voice my opinion than shutting up.
No need to get all uppity. But whenever someone mentions characters you get all salty about other people being salty. You giving out double salt. No one wants double salt.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gladiator using flails. Reaplings using scythes. Also I thought of 2 more classes.

Serpent Rider: they use Lances. Have knight quality mobility on land and pegasus Knight mobility in water.
Dark Breed: they use stones. They turn into ugly squid-like creatures that can confuse enemies that attack them.
Oracle: Uses Light and Dark Magic

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love flames. Who doesn't love flames?
I do too, but not when they're coming from overused methods of setting. You always tell people you hate speculation, as if we didn't hear you the first time. I mean yeah I hate speculation too but I don't drill it down.
You want Pichu too?

I don't see how :younglinkmelee: is different from :4tlink:besides the neutral special which is already a custom for :4link:.
We did get Marth #3 (aka :4feroy:) back, so it's not impossible. I would just like to see something different. Maybe change the Fire Arrow into the Slingshot? I don't know, maybe give him his Majora's Mask Sword and Shield.
I personally don't care what his moveset is to be honest. Does it work, does it play well and fun? Good.

I just want him playable again. :younglinkmelee:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I would much rather it be rated M than be censored. That is because it would need a LOT of censoring if they want to keep it below M. If it was only a few bits and pieces, fine, but heavy censoring...no thank you.
The only thing I can see being censored are the more lewd lines in Fire Emblem Amie, some support lines, and maybe the incest. The Amie lines do get a bit lewd, but they probably won't cut the entire feature for it, just tone it down and maybe just make it more romantic sounding. Same with the support lines as some of those do get a bit too crazy. The incest is the biggest issue here in how they handle it as it's much more controversial and that can't be written around to disguise it as "companions" or something (damn children mechanic). So it'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

A bit offhand, but how they justify it in Hoshido is pretty terrible and it doesn't help that it neuters a major theme of the game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only thing I can see being censored are the more lewd lines in Fire Emblem Amie, some support lines, and maybe the incest. The Amie lines do get a bit lewd, but they probably won't cut the entire feature for it, just tone it down and maybe just make it more romantic sounding. Same with the support lines as some of those do get a bit too crazy. The incest is the biggest issue here in how they handle it as it's much more controversial and that can't be written around to disguise it as "companions" or something (damn children mechanic). So it'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

A bit offhand, but how they justify it in Hoshido is pretty terrible and it doesn't help that it neuters a major theme of the game.
There isn't any incest in Fates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom