• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually...*flameshield :4feroy:* I think it's better that they aren't back. They were pretty wonky characters that only complicated the meta game, and not really in a good way. I know I won't miss the infinite chaingrabs they had *shudder*
Meanwhile :4ryu:has two infinites of his choice.

Speaking of knights and medieval stuff, I finally decided to put the Mii Swordfighter in my list of secondaries. He's really fun to play, so why not.
So my list of characters I play is...
  • Mains : :4mario:/:4littlemac:/:4miigun:.
  • Secondaries : :4drmario:/:4ryu:/:4miisword:.
My characters aren't really high in tiers except for Mario and Ryu. That's good I guess.
I can't really decide who is a main or secondary, because sometimes I play them and then I stop. So far this is how it is.

Mains : :4shulk::4littlemac::4myfriends:
Secondaries : :4darkpit::4metaknight::4villager:
Learning : :4feroy::4ryu::4bowser:

I've always wanted to get Bowser down sinced he changed in Smash. I'm OK-ish, but I want to get and know him better.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh my god! This gif is from one of my favourite movie when i was younger! So much memorie!:4kirby: Also Samus wasn't one of your secondaries at a moment? Also did your find time for making my Mii? (Every time i demand that i fell ashame because it prove that i'm not a patient person i swear.:4littlemac:)
I dropped Samus. Gunner is funnier to play.
Also, I have not the time to make your Mii. I have my project, and I need to progress more in Smash right now. I'll do it, but not now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I dropped Samus. Gunner is funnier to play.
Also, I have not the time to make your Mii. I have my project, and I need to progress more in Smash right now. I'll do it, but not now.
Ah OK, at least you still play the Gunner!
Also OK for my Mii, you have things to do and there are more important that my request. Now if you excuse me, i have to find someone for punching me 50 in the faces for being a impatient. Samus is actually pretty good for that in Smash 4.:4samus:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh my! For the first time in my life (again). I have actually do a good draw of a character of my fiction! Really, i have really put effort into it! Can't wait to show you all guys!:4pacman:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Saw some y'all talking about mains. Well, I'll throw in my current.

Mains: :4lucario: :4villager: :4rob:
Secondaries: :4littlemac: :4dedede:
Learning: :4mewtwo: :4tlink: :4miigun:

I don't play often anymore but that's my current standings. If customs are allowed, :4villager: is my holy grail, so to speak. Use to play :4littlemac: mainly but I've lost my touch with him.

T

Trick or Treat

I continue to get better with Wario, even just from last night. He is definitely going to be number 7.

Spoiler alert for anyone who fights me in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Lel I still don't have a main.

I'm probably best at Mario... don't know how that jappened.

Roy is really surprising me though.

I was sure I'd be maining Lucas again but... so far... not working for me.

I've started playing with Rosalina though and I'm really enjoying her.

Soul.

Main: :4pikachu:
Secondary.... there is no such thing. I've been kinda interested to play another character alongside Pika, given how good it is and ****. Unfortunately every character in the game is fun to play, so I'm not sure about that.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm bored, so have this bizarre music.

I continue to get better with Wario, even just from last night. He is definitely going to be number 7.

Spoiler alert for anyone who fights me in the future.
And I'm getting better with my Mii Swordfighter. It's really a fun character to play, and he was buffed with the new patch.
Also...
tumblr_nk306n7L7o1qdjpm4o1_500.gif

...writing notes for this Wario, just in case.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm bored, so have this bizarre music.

And I'm getting better with my Mii Swordfighter. It's really a fun character to play, and he was buffed with the new patch.
Also...
View attachment 57840
...writing notes for this Wario, just in case.
I never really gave Swordfighter much of a chance, and I only really played Gunner well. I may have to give another shot.

And Wario is my lowest of the Lucky 7, but still pretty solid with him, I think.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wario's one of those characters I admittedly have some trouble with. I need to figure a way around his shenanigans. But I'm slowly figuring it out. Roy's fun to fight, even if it can be a bit hard sometimes.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I never really gave Swordfighter much of a chance, and I only really played Gunner well. I may have to give another shot.
He's at the end of the tier list and doesn't deserve this place. The Mii Swordfighter is really good now and nobody should underestimate it.

But he's a Mii, so he'll probably stay at this place for the rest of the Smash 4 metagame because most Smash players are too scared to test new things like custom moves.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, these new video style ads need to go. I'm considering getting ad-block so something to deal with it. They keep popping me back to the part of the screen where they are playing. It makes sending messages really irritating.

T

Trick or Treat

He's at the end of the tier list and doesn't deserve this place. The Mii Swordfighter is really good now and nobody should underestimate it.

But he's a Mii, so he'll probably stay at this place for the rest of the Smash 4 metagame because most Smash players are too scared to test new things like custom moves.
I should give him another shot, then. I never thought he was bad, just never really played him that much.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it's time to take the next step in my internet career.

Anyone know a good image hosting site?

T

Trick or Treat

By the way, I survived the bar last night...but let's just say I don't plan on going back any time soon... :/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

You have so much reason. I mean, the Mii Swordfighter have cons, it's clear. But with the buff and with what he as. I don't think he is the worst character in the game. Especialy if your take the good custom move and made him little to height and weight.
But the Mii Gunner case is like 10000 worst. How a character, with the best projectile in the game (Grenade), another projectile that block almost all the other projectile in the game (flame piliar). Another projectile that come like in frame 2-3 (don't know the frama data of the bomb drop) that can serve as a anti-combo. And finally two Up B that : one is decent for recover and the other is a powerful KO move. Can be consider the second worst character in the game?!?! This is make no sense!!:4miigun::4miigun: Really, the Mii Gunner in really the most understimate character in the game in my opinion.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
My brother unironically showed my parents this video of Monster Energy Drinks apparently secretly being in cahoots with Satan himself.

Knowing my parents, they likely believe it. (This is why I stay in my room for the majority of Sundays and anytime my brother comes to visit)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I think that'll have more to do with that Mii's don't a have a consistent weight. But yeah, custom moves should be given more attention. They are a great addition.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

"Scared"
LOL
customs will likely be banned everywhere after EVO, for good reason too
I'm pretty much okay with customs but too many are broken or mindless
But nah :4miisword: isn't thaaaat bad, he just suffers from little to no representation (hi Trela) like :4metaknight::4greninja:
but ya can't deny the obvious flaws

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

And Wario is my lowest of the Lucky 7, but still pretty solid with him, I think.
You should give him another chance. He's a lot better than he was before due to the patches.

If you need any gameplay advice you should come over to the Swordfigher boards.
"Scared"
LOL
I... don't think so.

There will probably be a split. Some regions will probably continue to allow customs and others will immediately ban them after EVO
But nah :4miisword: isn't thaaaat bad, he just suffers from little to no representation (hi Trela) like :4metaknight::4greninja:
but ya can't deny the obvious flaws
He's actually pretty good if you know how to use him. A lot of characters (majority) have little to no representation.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You should give him another chance. He's a lot better than he was before due to the patches.

If you need any gameplay advice you should come over to the Swordfigher boards.

I... don't think so.

There will probably be a split. Some regions will probably continue to allow customs and others will immediately ban them after EVO

He's actually pretty good if you know how to use him. A lot of characters (majority) have little to no representation.
I've played Mace's swordfighter
Which is arguably one of the best around, but I have no real opinion on the character
Honestly, customs will still be used but at major tournaments I think they'll be banned
General consensus is ban customs, and on a national scale like EVO people can showcase all the exploitable jank, which won't help the overall opinion on them
I just hope someone reps the amazing custom kirby and times someone out with the **3* set

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pfft. I see more Miis, Greninjas and Meta Knights than I do ROBs. ROB is just not liked or something. I don't even know. :younglinkmelee:
I see a few ROBs. I almost never see Peach or Meta-Knight. I would personally like to go one day without seeing a single Link or Marth/Lucina player. Those guys are everywhere.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The maximum signature size is 592 x 127, right? I keep forgetting. Gonna make myself a new signature, but I gotta know what the limit is. :younglinkmelee:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pfft. I see more Miis, Greninjas and Meta Knights than I do ROBs. ROB is just not liked or something. I don't even know. :younglinkmelee:
ROB is always a character that you don't see that often in Smash 4 or Project M (And Brawl is pretty much dead). But is generally always annoying to fight because of what he can do. (Some person in Project M say that he is OP, like a anti-Smash character. lol Project M)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really come across any Olimar players either. Greninja isn't all too common either, surpsingly, neither is Mewtwo.

I do see a lot Charizards lately. I guess he's popular now. Too bad most of them Spam Flare Blitz like we're playing Pokemon competitively. We've got more than four moves to use guys.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I've played Mace's swordfighter
Which is arguably one of the best around, but I have no real opinion on the character
That's pretty cool.
Honestly, customs will still be used but at major tournaments I think they'll be banned
General consensus is ban customs, and on a national scale like EVO people can showcase all the exploitable jank, which won't help the overall opinion on them
I'll keep this in mind. ;)
I just hope someone reps the amazing custom kirby and times someone out with the **3* set
Interesting... I'll investigate.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't really come across any Olimar players either. Greninja isn't all too common either, surpsingly, neither is Mewtwo.

I do see a lot Charizards lately. I guess he's popular now. Too bad most of them Spam Flare Blitz like we're playing Pokemon competitively. We've got more than four moves to use guys.
Eh. I play Custom Charizard. I hate his vanilla (b) set. I add rock hurl and dragon rush. It makes playing him less risky and more fun, in my opinion.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I see we're discussing characters that people don't play much. While I don't see much of Peach, Meta Knight, Duck Hunt, and Olimar, there's three that I don't understand: Wario, R.O.B, and King Dedede. These 3 are very underrated, and have more potential than people think.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
"Scared"
LOL
56e.gif

If I told you that Nintendo will do everything to promote the custom moves, would you believe me ? Because it's kinda what they are doing with EVO.
And seriously, I don't find custom moves broken or mindless. They are a fun way to make an old game like Smash look fresh again. But that just my opinion, and it's apparently an underated one compared to everyone else.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Anyway, my family decided to make my birthday a little early because my grand parents were here. So I have my 4 games at home. This means that I can finally play Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, and Apollo Justice.
tumblr_inline_n7slzns7Da1qg7lq7.png

Yay !

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*looks up Lucario Pokken Screenshots*
*gets this*

Seriously, Look at her- even she doesn't know what the Hell just happened. :younglinkmelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom