• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I know for sure what we're going up against: one of the worst fanbases to exist a bunch of zombies? Do we have to start a World War Z II?!

Guests, please find out in the next great episode of Smashboards.. tomorrow. Stay tuned!
In the next episode of Smashboards
These aren't just ordinary zombies, Flight. They're A fanbase that writes off a game before playing it literally because it's trying to do something new to a 25+ year old franchise Other Men and Women that were in Prime condition when they were alive! They're Super Zombies dude! I know you're ready for World War Z II, partner. But you better get ready for III as well too!
tv screen fades

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I know for sure what we're going up against: one of the worst fanbases to exist a bunch of zombies? Do we have to start a World War Z II?!

Guests, please find out in the next great episode of Smashboards.. tomorrow. Stay tuned!
The hate is mostly salt from not getting a new real Metroid game in so long, I don't think there's much hate for the game itself. Read a couple of articles about it and its looking pretty good, we're going to have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

So, next time I go in For Glory, who should I use? I thinking between Mario, Sheik and Samus this time.
Sheik seems to be win-win material, but that's what I think.

In the next episode of Smashboards
These aren't just ordinary zombies, Flight. They're A fanbase that writes off a game before playing it literally because it's trying to do something new to a 25+ year old franchise Other Men and Women that were in Prime condition when they were alive! They're Super Zombies dude! I know you're ready for World War Z II, partner. But you better get ready for III as well too!
tv screen fades
My body is ready for III already. I'm pretty sure they'll like it as soon as it is released. Mark my words. All this hate towards the game will fade away in no time.

The hate is mostly salt from not getting a new real Metroid game in so long, I don't think there's much hate for the game itself. Read a couple of articles about it and its looking pretty good, we're going to have to wait and see.
The game looks good indeed. I don't get the hate. It looks fun to play. And from what I've seen in the Treehouse stream on Tuesday, you don't need to use the touch screen to aim with the arm cannon, unlike Hunters. Great. I don't even care for the art style. For a platform like the 3DS, it's acceptable.

Soul.

Just wait for 2016. NX will most likely have a Metroid game; all that salt will be in vain. Though yes, sucks that the Wii U and 3DS aren't getting anything Metroid other than Federation Force on the latter.

I really wonder if that silly petition is going to work at all. Like/Dislike ratio on YouTube is one thing, and the other one is general stupidity feat. getting butthurt at one game and not move on.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
My body is ready for III already. I'm pretty sure they'll like it as soon as it is released. Mark my words. All this hate towards the game will fade away in no time.
It's time to get geared up then! My thoughts exactly pretty much. Reggie actually sort of mentioned this phenomena here, which I found interesting.

D

Deleted member

Why do people prefer to yell on a Metroid spin off and not on this poor excuse of a game called "Animal Crossing : Amiibo Festival" ?

Also, hi everyone, what's new ?
The irony is too strong. I've seen no complaints about Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival either. Yet Federation Force has to get all the hate. Why cancel a game over fan backlash? The developers must be working hard on it, and scrapping the game for the fans would be stupid. Rather than doing that, they should live and deal with it.

It's time to get geared up then! My thoughts exactly pretty much. Reggie actually sort of mentioned this phenomena here, which I found interesting.
Interesting indeed. "Just try out the game first, you don't know if you'll like it or not" they said.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think the hate for Feferation Force is cooling down. I just read an article on Federation Force with 100+ comments and 90% of them were positive about the game. Many people said stuff like, "Now that I've calmed down" or, "after watching the Treehouse play it".
Some were still upset about it not being what they wanted but at least seemed interested in giving it a go.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
The irony is too strong. I've seen no complaints about Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival either. Yet Federation Force has to get all the hate. Why cancel a game over fan backlash? The developers must be working hard on it, and scrapping the game for the fans would be stupid. Rather than doing that, they should live and deal with it.

Interesting indeed. "Just try out the game first, you don't know if you'll like it or not" they said.
I've only seen complaints about Amiibo Festival on Animal Crossing fan-sites. Plus it's easier to target the more popular franchise(popular to the internet that is) instead, which is Metroid.

Reggie's statements btw apply most to Animal Crossing: Amiibo festival, which is free. Granted it'll probably be barebones without Amiibo, but to those that hate it atm, I think you should give it a try at the very least without amiibos when it does come out. Like Federation Force, I'm OK with Amiibo Festival, but not hyped tho since I'm not much of an AC fan. nvm the free thing was just a rumor lol.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, when DOES Federation Force drop?

And hopefully it'll have some kind of online play. Well, aside from Blast Ball, which seems only okay.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Why do people prefer to yell on a Metroid spin off and not on this poor excuse of a game called "Animal Crossing : Amiibo Festival" ?

Because AC is actually getting games
Regardless of platform
It's not like it's been 10 years since the last AC game, and instead of a new one, Ninty pushes out "Tom Nook's Budget Management" :secretkpop:
All jokes aside FF looks good, I'll pick it up
It's something honestly, which is quite better than a ****load of nothing

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

At least it may be a free purchase
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, even if the EA conference was horrible, there was still one great game in it, with the most genuine man in the entire conference. It's like finding an actual untouched, clean and precious cinnamon roll in a pile of corrupted crap. And the game looked really nice. I might get it on my PC.
It's pretty rare to find those types of games with honnest developpers.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You know, even if the EA conference was horrible, there was still one great game in it, with the most genuine man in the entire conference. It's like finding an actual untouched, clean and precious cinnamon roll in a pile of corrupted crap. And the game looked really nice. I might get it on my PC.
Oh this'll be good
Then EA will greenlight a sequel that's a shadow of this one with paywalls
:emptysheep:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh this'll be good
Then EA will greenlight a sequel that's a shadow of this one with paywalls
:emptysheep:
We have to protect this man. I mean, he's really too pure for this world, just look at this tweet...

...this man is the most honnest person in the whole video game industry right now. Seriously.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Didn't watch EA's conference for obvious reasons but this does look pretty good.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
This was the most interesting game shown off at EA's conference. Too bad it will most likely get no advertising and will be forgotten when it launches; Which sucks since I expect that to happen.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I plan on buying Unravel. Even if I don't end up liking it, since I rarely care for platformers like that, I want to support this game and the developer so badly. They deserve it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The best part was him being all nervous. All other companies put people on stage who have had a lot of experience with talking to huge crowds and received a lot of media training, but not this man. He almost cried when he received that applause.
The game looks interesting, too. Kind of LittleBigPlanet. This was EA's only good thing.

T

Trick or Treat

I woke up around 8 and that is weirdly late for me. Especially when I couldn't get to sleep last night...

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Same here. It's only 6:00 in the morning where I am right now.
Wowy Wow Wow.

I woke up around 8 and that is weirdly late for me. Especially when I couldn't get to sleep last night...
Yep... I went to bed around 2-3 A.M. and then I woke up at around 8:40 or so. I am confused by that, but I just made peace with it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, the trailer was touching. It's like EA's own Chibi Robo, except with yarn. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this. This is a diamond in the rough.

:231:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Heroes of storm diablo map hype:colorful:

Also good to see people finally calming down after the stress from the last 2 days.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Wow, the trailer was touching. It's like EA's own Chibi Robo, except with yarn. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this. This is a diamond in the rough.

:231:
Everywhere I go on this site, there's always a moderator commenting after my post.

Zanda confirmed bait.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*create Inkling Mii Gunner*
*Send to World*

'You've reached the posting limit for today. Try again another day.'

So 0 is the limit? Okay, sure.

T

Trick or Treat

Which reminds me, I still need to buy a Lucina amiibo, but finding one st the regular price is, of course, proving to be difficult.

I would also immediately buy an Anna amiibo. But I doubt that will ever get made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom