• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
10/10 never even said why :4jigglypuff:

Besides, why always cling to what you wanted from nostalgia?
Oh yeah, everyone wants new stuff but then they say it should've been like the old times. :4pacman:
Gamers don't really know what they want, nowadays.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After playing with :4feroy: I have only one thing to say

He's so hot in every sense

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
10/10 never even said why :4jigglypuff:

Besides, why always cling to what you wanted from nostalgia?
Oh yeah, everyone wants new stuff but then they say it should've been like the old times. :4pacman:
Fun fact: I only ever played Fusion so this "nostalgia" doesnt exist.
Simple: its unrelated to Metroid. It couldve easily been a new IP or marketed under a different name, but they named it Metroid for no reason whatsoever other than sales.

Its been years that people have been requesting a new Metroid game after the Other: M fiasco and they deliver a spinoff which is conpletely unrelated to the main series. Of course this will get people upset.

It's like making a new Crash Bandicoot game centered on bowling which doesn't even have Crash on it. It's stupid.

Last edited:

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
After reading the comments from my old Inkling video. I decide to redo the video. :facepalm:
I made this in photoshop :079:
OPPOFLDP.png

The original video... :079:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Simple: it should have nothing to do with Metroid whatsoever.
Why not?

The Metroid universe is a futuristic space setting with energy weapons, giant monster, space pirates and competing factions. The federation has been in Metroid since forever but has never taken the spotlight and games like Metroid Prime 3 basically have a Halo esque game going on the background while we're running around as Samus. We know that unlike Samus the Federation need to use teamwork because they aren't nearly as awesome as Samus is.The Metroid games are often in first person. People have been asking for more expansion on the Metroid universe since forever.

So Nintendo wants to make a multiplayer space shooter and they put it in the Metroid universe because as far as I can tell it it fits perfectly.

You can say it doesn't have to be in the Metoid universe but there's also no reason for it not to be. I'd bet good money if the game was a new IP people would be saying that it should have been a Metroid game and the only reason they made it it's own IP is to shut up people who complaining about Nintendo not making new IPs.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Disappointed that there wasn't a main series Metroid, but at least Federation Force isn't pretending to be one. *coughHunterscough*

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Why not?

The Metroid universe is a futuristic space setting with energy weapons, giant monster, space pirates and competing factions. The federation has been in Metroid since forever but has never taken the spotlight and games like Metroid Prime 3 basically have a Halo esque game going on the background while we're running around as Samus. We know that unlike Samus the Federation need to use teamwork because they aren't nearly as awesome as Samus is.The Metroid games are often in first person. People have been asking for more expansion on the Metroid universe since forever.

So Nintendo wants to make a multiplayer space shooter and they put it in the Metroid universe because as far as I can tell it it fits perfectly.

You can say it doesn't have to be in the Metoid universe but there's also no reason for it not to be. I'd bet good money if the game was a new IP people would be saying that it should have been a Metroid game and the only reason they made it it's own IP is to shut up people who complaining about Nintendo not making new IPs.
Problem is that it's been 5 years since the last Metroid game and people want that: a new Metroid game.
I don't think there would be as much salt if there was another Metroid game in the works, which there likely isn't.
You don't try reviving a series with spinoffs. That's just wrong...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fun fact: I only ever played Fusion so this "nostalgia" doesnt exist.
Simple: its unrelated to Metroid. It couldve easily been a new IP or marketed under a different name, but they named it Metroid for no reason whatsoever other than sales.

Its been years that people have been requesting a new Metroid game after the Other: M fiasco and they deliver a spinoff which is conpletely unrelated to the main series. Of course this will get people upset.

It's like making a new Crash Bandicoot game centered on bowling which doesn't even have Crash on it. It's stupid.
So is that stopping you from trying or buying the game entirely?
Maybe if they change the title?
Maybe you will never forgive Nintendo because you hold grudges forever?

I don't know, I'm not you, but I don't see it as a really big deal. :4pacman:Those polygon shapes still look cute on those guys.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So is that stopping you from trying or buying the game entirely?
Maybe if they change the title?
Maybe you will never forgive Nintendo because you hold grudges forever?

I don't know, I'm not you, but I don't see it as a really big deal. :4pacman:Those polygon shapes still look cute on those guys.
Wtf? When did I ever say I held a grudge against this?
Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not interested in this game and would've never bought it in the first place, regardless of title. It's just not my cup of tea.
I'm just able to understand why people are angry about it.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Nintendo has it hard with all of these people expecting them to surpass other companies.
I am rooting for them.
View attachment 57054
I didn't expect them to surpass anyone I expected them to do well.
They showed like what 7 games?
I already wanted Mario Maker and Xenoblade so there was nothing there that changed me.
Star Fox was okay-ish I guess. I might get it.
Really the only game that I thought "wow that's cool" was Paper Jam.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I can bet that alot of people are gonna get fancy with the Flagpole walk, if that Auto Mario showed us anything
infact you could start a level at the flagpole (By spawning Mario right above it) and just make this long, elaborate course that's just Mario getting to a flagpole if you really wanted
This game'll be great :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Problem is that it's been 5 years since the last Metroid game and people want that: a new Metroid game.
I don't think there would be as much salt if there was another Metroid game in the works, which there likely isn't.
You don't try reviving a series with spinoffs. That's just wrong...
1. I wouldn't call bringing a series back after 5 years "a revival" especially from a company like Nintendo that's juggling so many franchises, and Metroid was never really a dead series. Nintendo certainly isn't treating the game like it's a revival.
2. That says nothing about the quality of the game itself.
3. I doubt this game's development was conflicting with a main series Metroid getting made.

Like I like Metroid games and I probably won't even play this game(I don't like FPs or team based shooters), but the reaction to this is CRAZY overblown. I really don't even see anything to get mad about.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Besides having a bad recovery, being easy combo fodder, having poor reach in general even with a sword, lacking approach options, and losing important matchups, yes. :p
At least makes Marth look like trash now and that's the thing that matters :troll:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
1. I wouldn't call bringing a series back after 5 years "a revival" especially from a company like Nintendo that's juggling so many franchises, and Metroid was never really a dead series. Nintendo certainly isn't treating the game like it's a revival.
2. That says nothing about the quality of the game itself.
3. I doubt this game's development was conflicting with a main series Metroid getting made.

Like I like Metroid games and I probably won't even play this game(I don't like FPs or team based shooters), but the reaction to this is CRAZY overblown. I really don't even see anything to get mad about.
Notice how I never called the game bad, please.
We are one year away from the series 30th birthday and people were expecting something special out of it. That's all.

I guess it really is hard to tell when you're not being serious online :4pacman:fine m8, u wuna go?

Gross. :4pacman:

Cool story man. :4pacman:
Wtf

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
having poor reach in general even with a sword
I remember a .gif where a :4marth: couldn't reach :4feroy:with his sword, then :4feroy:swung his sword and hit him.
Either :4feroy:has more reach or I can't tell if he moves foward in that Smash attack.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Federation Force doesn't look very good though? Honestly I would've preferred a CGI trailer for a main series game 2 years off over Federation Force it was a bad idea and it looks boring.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Notice how I never called the game bad, please.
We are one year away from the series 30th birthday and people were expecting something special out of it. That's all.
Sonic had an anniversary in 2006.

This has nothing to do with the argument, I just wanted to mention Sonic '06. :4pacman:

Can you tell how I stopped caring for this pointless argument? :4pacman:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What if Paper Mario gets into M&L Universe via a printer and gets stuck there?
That would be the perfect beginning for the story. But probably the one jammed in a machine would be Paper Bowser

D

Deleted member

I sure missed a lot of pages, but blame it on things happening outside the web. Anyways, anything new?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What if Paper Mario gets into M&L Universe via a printer and gets stuck there?
That would be the perfect beginning for the story. But probably the one jammed in a machine would be Paper Bowser
I think a FAX would make more sense for dimension traveling.
And it's more time consuming to emulate the game's length! :troll: My dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom