• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

What a strange premise for a run 'n' gun platformer. I loved the first trailer last year, and it's great to see a lot more footage here.

But it's another bloody Xbone exclusive. >:l
It's actually confirmed to go to Steam as well.

http://www.cupheadgame.com/

It looks like a Boss Rush only game, but I'm really attracted to the style. Gonna pick this up when it hits Steam.

D

Deleted member

The colours look strangely close to your persona, Flight.

Is it me or is Rare trying to ride the nostalgia wagon to regain their lost rep.
I noticed. But green isn't my favorite color. I just use it for my character. In fact, I tend to buy red-colored hardware when available for some reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least he's not a drama queen like ZeRo
I wish more of the top Smash players were down to Earth because it kind of gets tiring hearing people talk about Smash fans as if we're the most insufferable of competitive gamers. Also, bad mouthing a CEO who personally invited you to a massive media event in front of thousands of witnesses is going to make future job hunts for him super fun, I'm sure...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I wish more of the top Smash players were down to Earth because it kind of gets tiring hearing people talk about Smash fans as if we're the most insufferable of competitive gamers. Also, bad mouthing a CEO who personally invited you to a massive media event in front of thousands of witnesses is going to make future job hunts for him super fun, I'm sure...
Pretty much the same reasons why I don't follow celebrities: too many drama queens and a bunch of unnecessary **** going everywhere. As much as I love Smash Bros, following any of these top players (minus Ken due to Survivor) is like following a celebrity: any juicy gossip becomes a tumor in the community. Therefore, not worth my time when i rather watch and do other things instead

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
-Halo 5
-More information on Fallout 4
-Recore, a new game by Kenji Infune and ex-developers of Metroid Prime
-Forza 6
-Indie games
-New holo-lens. Think of 3DS AR but with glasses and it works with actual games.
-Rare collection. 30 Rareware games
-New Rare game. MMO pirate game it seems like
-Dark Souls 3
-Gears of War game

It was alright for this year.
Ah, sounds decent. Nothing that'd make me go out and buy an Xbox One instantly, but good for everyone who has an Xbox One and like these announcements.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't...
I...
Why do I have 71 Crazy Orders tickets?
Geez.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's actually confirmed to go to Steam as well.

http://www.cupheadgame.com/

It looks like a Boss Rush only game, but I'm really attracted to the style. Gonna pick this up when it hits Steam.
Oh good, I'm not going to miss out. The bosses look incredibly goofy, but they just fit the rubberhose cartoon theme brilliantly. My favorite is that Cigar-Smoking Rat General in his tin can tank.

T

Trick or Treat

Maybe I am too naive, but I thought it was just playful banter and teasing between the 2 of them. With a mutual understanding from both of them that it was nothing personal and all in good fun. Though I will admit, Hungry guy maybe overdid it a little bit. To the point where it wasn't even funny anymore. Teasing back and forth at the beginning is fine, but he just kept going on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

EA's press conference just started—if you feel like laughing, it's worth watching.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty much the same reasons why I don't follow celebrities: too many drama queens and a bunch of unnecessary **** going everywhere. As much as I love Smash Bros, following any of these top players (minus Ken due to Survivor) is like following a celebrity: any juicy gossip becomes a tumor in the community. Therefore, not worth my time when i rather watch and do other things instead
This. So much this. I tend to follow certain players for the characters they play, not the player themselves. For example, I appreciate Boss because he's always stuck to the Mario Bros, even when they were barely poking above low tier and I appreciate TKbreezy sticking with WFT. I can't stand when people are practically cutting themselves when certain players don't show up to certain tournaments because I watch it for the games themselves, not the players.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Hey gu- *Sees E3 talk on not Nintendo stuff, Nintendo fanboy mode switched on* Bye guys.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That Unravel actually looked cute and interesting. The level environments were impressive.

...then Danger Zone started playing as a dumb mascot costume walked on stage.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So far the conference is just meh. Mass Effect and Need For Speed were announced. Unravel actually looks interesting. And then Plants vs zombies came...

Well, it didn't take to long.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
So. Many. Amazing. Games.
And so much more to come. My body was not ready for this. Dangit, I'm going to flunk all of my classes this fall.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe I am too naive, but I thought it was just playful banter and teasing between the 2 of them. With a mutual understanding from both of them that it was nothing personal and all in good fun. Though I will admit, Hungry guy maybe overdid it a little bit. To the point where it wasn't even funny anymore. Teasing back and forth at the beginning is fine, but he just kept going on and on.
It was playful but there's also a point when you should have enough social awareness of both the interaction and the overall setting to know when to stop and at what limit. He didn't have to kow-tow but at least show some degree of restraint instead of acting like you're playing in the basement with a buddy on a Saturday night. As someone about to leave graduate school, doing my first serious job hunt, and doing my damnest not to make any major mistakes, I was horrified. You're talking with someone who could probably land you with job connections for the rest of your life and you act like a horse's taint. My god... I would have probably made a makeshift catapult and launched myself to LA to haymaker him if he had done that to Miyamoto.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On one hand, the fact that they just slapped X onto the Nintendo 3DS is a bit strange (But Nintendo certainly isn't a stranger to doing that, hi DSi and 3DS and Wii U)
But on the other, the idea of the...XDS...just gonna call it the NX...seems like the type of farfetched thing Nintendo would do.
I mean, the past generation of consoles were a Lunchbox and 2 Rectangles.
Plus it's usually Nintendo's job to start the game-breaking thing (In this case, HD on the go) and having the other guys (Microsoft, Sony, and maybe just maybe SEGA) follow suit

It could go either way :4pacman:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Am I the only one who isn't liking how this game is being showed off? They show gameplay, and talk occasionally, being akward as well. You can just tell how much it's scripted.

I think it's pretty good Nintendo does the digital event. It's scripted, yet still fun and doesn't just end up being akward.

D

Deleted member

On one hand, the fact that they just slapped X onto the Nintendo 3DS is a bit strange (But Nintendo certainly isn't a stranger to doing that, hi DSi and 3DS and Wii U)
But on the other, the idea of the...XDS...just gonna call it the NX...seems like the type of farfetched thing Nintendo would do.
I mean, the past generation of consoles were a Lunchbox and 2 Rectangles.
Plus it's usually Nintendo's job to start the game-breaking thing (In this case, HD on the go) and having the other guys (Microsoft, Sony, and maybe just maybe SEGA) follow suit

It could go either way :4pacman:
Pfft, you believe that fake is real?
The XDS is a fake. No new console will be unveiled tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trick or Treat

It was playful but there's also a point when you should have enough social awareness of both the interaction and the overall setting to know when to stop and at what limit. He didn't have to kow-tow but at least show some degree of restraint instead of acting like you're playing in the basement with a buddy on a Saturday night. As someone about to leave graduate school, doing my first serious job hunt, and doing my damnest not to make any major mistakes, I was horrified. You're talking with someone who could probably land you with job connections for the rest of your life and you act like a horse's taint. My god... I would have probably made a makeshift catapult and launched myself to LA to haymaker him if he had done that to Miyamoto.
No, I agree with you completely. It was funny at first, but after a short while he just kept it going too long and made himself look like more of an ass. Maybe he just wanted to be seen as that edgy dude who is soo cool that he could trash talk the head of Nintendo. Who knows, but yeah just should have stopped after the first couple of jabs back and forth.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who isn't liking how this game is being showed off? They show gameplay, and talk occasionally, being akward as well. You can just tell how much it's scripted.

I think it's pretty good Nintendo does the digital event. It's scripted, yet still fun and doesn't just end up being akward.
It probably helps that they're presenting in front of camera streamed to a live audience, instead of an actual audience. They can't directly gauge how long to pull off pauses, so they can just naturally talk through their presentation on instinct.

Soul.

THE IDEA OF FLIPPING SCREENS ON A NINTENDO HANDHELD WOULD BE COOL
BUT HAVING Wii U **** ON IT SCREAMS FAKE. IF IT WERE REAL, IT WOULD BE TUESDAY BY NOW.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't know, I still have a soft spot for a regular live presentation. Watching old Nintendo E3's, I just loves seeing and hearing audience reaction. We got a little of that during the NWC, at least.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My mom told me that I was saying "Hadoken" when I was sleeping...

So what I missed?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
My god... I would have probably made a makeshift catapult and launched myself to LA to haymaker him if he had done that to Miyamoto.
Good thing you didn't.
If you had miscalculated even slightly, you might have fallen into the Grand Canyon or something.
Almost in extreme For Glory style.
:troll::4littlemac:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No wonder why EA's conference is 1 hour long, if you talk 15 minutes about your yearly EA Sports games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom