• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, if it's a clone returning from Brawl. 5 bucks was for Mewtwo which was made from scratch and wasn't even a clone. So, either Mewtwo is underpriced, or Lucas is overpriced. I bet it's the latter.
Lucas is not a clone of Ness, like, at all. He is a semi-clone and even that is a stretch. And the moves they do share are significantly different from one another.
If Lucas is a clone of Ness, Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo because of Shadow Ball (he isn't).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm probably one of the few who aren't getting Lucas Day 1. I'll wait till after E3 and buy them all together.

:231:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lucas is not a clone of Ness, like, at all. He is a semi-clone and even that is a stretch. And the moves they do share are significantly different from one another.
If Lucas is a clone of Ness, Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo because of Shadow Ball (he isn't).
I refer to them as semi clones. While they don't share that many moves when you consider their entire movesets, they do have identical size, weight, shape and faling speed. They also share a unique trait of suffering an extra 10 frames of lag when being grab released

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well the thread is sleeping (not dead:ganondorf:), so i'm just leave this here.
yeah i know again...:ivysaur:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I ask for a Mii of Lacie from Pandora hearts. Here are picture.
If you did it, i would be very grateful.:)
I'll see what I can do and if I have the time to do it.

GalaxiaUltima

Smash Rookie
NNID
GalacticWarriorX
3DS FC
3823-8758-4540
browsing through and was reminded of the shaq april fools joke. That was pretty funny:D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That was a stroke of genius. :laugh:

And thread is quiet as ever, eh?

:231:
Well if we discut of something, maybe this thread will be less dead? So what should we talk?:4pit: OC can be good? FNAF hate? DB is better that DBZ? My mini comic? You have the choice!:4lucas:

GalaxiaUltima

Smash Rookie
NNID
GalacticWarriorX
3DS FC
3823-8758-4540
so how you all doing? getting a wii u in 2 weeks so I can finnally play sm4sh on the big screen. Can't stand the circle pad tbh it's so slippery

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I bought DK64 today and got a bigger SD card for my 3DS.
It's nice to know I can download updates for my 3DS games and actually download stuff again.
I hate the camera in DK64.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I learned new combos and techniques for Mac thanks to this video :
I never knew his jab could actually combo into UpB or even the KO punch at some percentages. And I also learned that the Dash Attack is crap, something that I did a lot in the past with Mac.
It's good to learn stuff on your mains you never knew before. :mario64:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I learned new combos and techniques for Mac thanks to this video :
I never knew his jab could actually combo into UpB or even the KO punch at some percentages. And I also learned that the Dash Attack is crap, something that I did a lot in the past with Mac.
It's good to learn stuff on your mains you never knew before. :mario64:
Still waiting for knowing some good stuff with Samus.:4samus:YEAH PEOPLE SHE IS NOT GARBAGE!!! SHE IS BETTER AT LEAST THAT IN BRAWL!!! I SWEAR!!!! S-sorry i lose myself control, it's nothing really.....:drsad:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone wanna smash on 3DS ? It's boring around here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone wanna smash on 3DS ? It's boring around here.
I would normally say yes but i'm going to go later so i don't want to quit in the middle of a party. Sorry.:drsad:Also i'm waiting to fight you with the Mii Lacie that you're will created later.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think the next Pokemon region will be Italy. It's been mentioned in an interview or something.

I'm gonna guess UK, SoCal, Germany, Spain, and Canada as other potential regions for the future, though.

@ Luggy Luggy Sure, I'll go a couple rounds.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I so much want to go with you guys but i can't !...:( Goddamn my life. :(

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
All right, I'll host. Customs on, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, okay ?
Sorry, but I can't keep my focus right now and I'm a little tired. That was fun, though!

I think I'm getting a little better!

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sorry, but I can't keep my focus tight now and I'm a little tired. That wad fun, though!
I think I'm getting a little better!
Ggs, thanks to you, I tested pratically all of my Miis, with the exceptions of 2 of my Gunner sets. I actually enjoyed playing the Mii :4miisword:, but I understand where people don't like him.

Anyway, your Mega Man is way too defensive. You improved since we fought, but you still have big problems. You also roll a lot more than before, wich is pretty strange. You keep your shield too long, I almost broke it in one match. And, you let yourself wide open very often, wich is problematic against characters like the Mii Brawler.

Other than that, you improved a bit. Keep training, it will pay off. :mariomelee:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ggs, thanks to you, I tested pratically all of my Miis, with the exceptions of 2 of my Gunner sets. I actually enjoyed playing the Mii :4miisword:, but I understand where people don't like him.

Anyway, your Mega Man is way too defensive. You improved since we fought, but you still have big problems. You also roll a lot more than before, wich is pretty strange. You keep your shield too long, I almost broke it in one match. And, you let yourself wide open very often, wich is problematic against characters like the Mii Brawler.

Other than that, you improved a bit. Keep training, it will pay off. :mariomelee:
Yeah, I think I got addicted to trying to pull off up-throw to up-air. If I try not to focus on the combo, I should roll and shield a lot less.

Any tips for trying to practice being more offensive and covering myself better?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Still waiting for knowing some good stuff with Samus.:4samus:YEAH PEOPLE SHE IS NOT GARBAGE!!! SHE IS BETTER AT LEAST THAT IN BRAWL!!! I SWEAR!!!! S-sorry i lose myself control, it's nothing really.....:drsad:
Most people actually think otherwise.

Spamus boards/Skype group remain fairly optimistic

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Most people actually think otherwise.

Spamus boards/Skype group remain fairly optimistic
Oh i didn't know that, it is really? Because expect the person who complain about Spamus or just say that Samus is bad. I don't see alot of person appriciate or like Samus in Smash 4.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah, I think I got addicted to trying to pull off up-throw to up-air. If I try not to focus on the combo, I should roll and shield a lot less.

Any tips for trying to practice being more offensive and covering myself better?
Well, Mega Man is all about the pressure with his lemons (Jab, Ftilt and Nair). You need to pressure the opponent, then get the grab or read him. Mega Man is not that offensive, but when he can, he does serious damage.
To cover yourself, I'll say you need to stop recovering high. Try to balance low and high recoveries so that the opponent won't be able to read your recovery easily. And try to spot dodge and not roll.

I generally suggest you go to the Mega Man section. I am no Mega Man expert, but you'll definitely find help there, as well as new ways to improve your main. And for practice, go to the Smash Ladder, a site where you can play friendlies and ranked matches to train yourself. It's a really well made website that will allow you to improve yourself, while actually talking to people. And if you want to play other Smash games in the future, the site also do Smash 64, Melee, Project M and even Brawl. It's a great site that I highly recommend you to go to.

That's all I have to say. Hope you'll improve in the future. :mariomelee:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If only i wasn't waiting to know when my parent want to go. Because i don't want to organize a party and then quit because i have to go. What i should do guys?:drshrug:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
If only i wasn't waiting to know when my parent want to go. Because i don't want to organize a party and then quit because i have to go. What i should do guys?:drshrug:
You could just wait until you come home and play an other game in the meantime..
tumblr_m9ql75pTuk1qd2g3i.gif

Or dance.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You could just wait until you come home and play an other game in the meantime..
View attachment 55227
Or dance.
I have a picture of Captain N and Lana dancing saved on my phone, but since I have no idea how to post it from my phone I will instead mock how ancient that computer looks.

:4megaman:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 55227
Or dance.
The problem is that when i will go to home, i will have to leave again because i have to lunch in a restaurant and i would probably return too late in the night and have to go to bed. This is basically suck for me!:sadsheep: And i will only dance when the Lacie Mii will be finish or that you annonce me that Paper Mario Wii U will be a thing at E3. Good luck for this two.:denzel:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have a picture of Captain N and Lana dancing saved on my phone, but since I have no idea how to post it from my phone I will instead mock how ancient that computer looks.

:4megaman:
I've got your back.
Enjoy your awkward flailing.

Soul.

I'm all right at making Miis. I mostly do Nichijou ones though. Why do you ask ?

Pills puts more pressure than Mario's Fireballs, but you need to be more precise with them. If you play with customs, the Fast Pills helps Doc' a lot.

For edgeguarding, cape or tornado. Those are really the only options Doc has to edgeguard properly, with his overall poor mobility and his bad recovery.

Fun fact about the Tornado : it has pratically the same priority as Luigi's Cyclone. It's however better for edgeguarding, or reading rolls and spot dodges.

With customs, the best it to use the Super Tornado, the one that gives Doc a good vertical recovery. Couple this with the custom Explosive UpB of Doc (that has insane KO power), and you have a Doc that can still stand.

Doc in general, like many low and bottom tier characters, is better with customs.

I needed to do my stuff this morning. I'm learning my traffic laws (that's how we say this in english right ?) in the morning, so I can't be on the boards at the same time.

View attachment 55215

This cowboy knows the truth.
Ol' One-Two is good, but if I were to play Doc I would almost always use Super Jump Punch. Frame 3, is a reversal move, KOs around 120% (not sure, need to check) and gives Doc a good OoS option. Perhaps the thing works well with Soaring Tornado.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Ol' One-Two is good, but if I were to play Doc I would almost always use Super Jump Punch. Frame 3, is a reversal move, KOs around 120% (not sure, need to check) and gives Doc a good OoS option. Perhaps the thing works well with Soaring Tornado.
The Super Jump Punch will always be the better version, but it's good to have the Ol'One-Two with the Soaring Tornado, so that you still have one strong move to KO.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I seem to be different in thinking that Doc's regular Down B is the best. It's good for catching opponents, can help recover very easily, and for whatever reason, gets more knockback off stage. I also think his regular up-b is fine as it is. It just takes time to learn how not to get gimped easily.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I seem to be different in thinking that Doc's regular Down B is the best. It's good for catching opponents, can help recover very easily, and for whatever reason, gets more knockback off stage. I also think his regular up-b is fine as it is. It just takes time to learn how not to get gimped easily.
Same goes for the Soaring Tornado. It doesn't hit as much as the default version, but the knockback at the end is really strong, good enough to KO of stage even better than the normal Tornado at times.

Regular UpB is, again, the best UpB option for Doc, everyone can agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom