• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Came back from a good training session with :4drmario:

The poor guy has potential but is limited by his poor air mobility and recovery options. I think I might make him a secondary. I need to work on mixing up my kill options so that I don't become easily read.
M2K once said Roy is not that bad because he is a Marth clone.
Same Logic (Pun not intended) here. :troll:
Its funny, I secondary him with a few others, and I play him much differently than :4mario:. I actually use Doc more...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Came back from a good training session with :4drmario:

The poor guy has potential but is limited by his poor air mobility and recovery options. I think I might make him a secondary. I need to work on mixing up my kill options so that I don't become easily read.
Doc has poor mobility in general. It's a shame, because otherwise, he is pretty good.
He has some killinkg options that are similar to Mario (Dsmash, Bair, Fsmash, etc...) but also has unique ones like his Fair or UpB, a great OOS. Remember that his USmash has been changed since the last patch, and is now used for combos and does KO at good percentages.

That's all I really have to say for someone who wants to secondary and get better with Doc'.

Also, hi.
1422293802424.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still anyone want to fight me at Smash? I would can't after so if anyone here want and can, said to me!
Doc has poor mobility in general. It's a shame, because otherwise, he is pretty good.
He has some killinkg options that are similar to Mario (Dsmash, Bair, Fsmash, etc...) but also has unique ones like his Fair or UpB, a great OOS. Remember that his USmash has been changed since the last patch, and is now used for combos and does KO at good percentages.

That's all I really have to say for someone who wants to secondary and get better with Doc'.

Also, hi.
View attachment 55214
Hi!:4pacman: Just a question, are you good at making Mii?:4mario:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604

Also, hi.
View attachment 55214
Le hello. Thread is mostly quite now, but I am here, Because I am a night creeper. So I might be one of the few still up.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

That's all I really have to say for someone who wants to secondary and get better with Doc.
Fair, definitely, is a great killing option. His pills are alright for spacing but they tend to overshoot the other player because of their slow speed and high bounce.

Do you have any recommendations for edge guarding?

Soul.

Also, hi.
View attachment 55214
Forgot to mention that the Tornado is a pretty good edgeguard tool... If it connects.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Forgot to mention that the Tornado is a pretty good edgeguard tool... If it connects.
For once we talk about Smash Bros. Here...
Did anyone else here about a second documentary?
@ Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
I cant... My trigger pads are loosening.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Huh, I thought Luggy would be more active. He seemed so when he said hi...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He do long message and he us gif. So it's take time for him to written all he want i suppose. But hey, a long good message is better that a salad gif only, right?:troll:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
He could have just popped in to say "hi" before he went about with his morning routine.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
He do long message and he us gif. So it's take time for him to written all he want i suppose. But hey, a long good message is better that a salad gif only, right?:troll:
No, Its not.
:troll:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
At least Alice reaction image are more cool that salad explode.:troll:
Dear Lord, Nightly back up takes so long.
Any who, I might go in an hour or two. Need to run around a bit. Maybe ,listen to Smash music while I exercise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dear Lord, Nightly back up takes so long.
Any who, I might go in an hour or two. Need to run around a bit. Maybe ,listen to Smash music while I exercise.
SmashBoard maintanance, here in the worst moment.:drfacepalm:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Looks like I need to do something, lets see, Should I,
  • Create a new meme character in my lab
  • Make a gif of something I want the world to see
  • Post a link to the eggrolled video
You can only pick one of the 3... Choose wisely.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry I meant songs...
Conker's Bad fur day: Windy
Conker Live and Reloaded: Windy
Conker's Bad fur day: Rock Solid
Cowboy Bebop: Cats on Mars
Thats all so far.
Hum...i don't know to help you, sorry but i am the only human on this planet at have no Iphone or anything like that in 2015. What a freaking shame right?:peach:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Hum...i don't know to help you, sorry but i am the only human on this planet at have no Iphone or anything like that in 2015. What a freaking shame right?:peach:
Oh, It is ok. I will ask someone else later. Try Looking some of these up, they are great.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well since none of you chose one of the three options, I guess you leave me with no choice, I'M DOING THEM ALL!
Pleasant dreams,

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Yeah, you have to use that to connect your phone to the PC and after it's connected you can simply drag the music from iTunes to your phone. And don't forget to sync after connecting.
Do I need Itunes on my PC?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gosh! The Mega Man music (Classic/X/Zero/ZX. I don't know for the other) are so awesome!:charizard:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hi!:4pacman: Just a question, are you good at making Mii?:4mario:
I'm all right at making Miis. I mostly do Nichijou ones though. Why do you ask ?

Fair, definitely, is a great killing option. His pills are alright for spacing but they tend to overshoot the other player because of their slow speed and high bounce.

Do you have any recommendations for edge guarding?
Pills puts more pressure than Mario's Fireballs, but you need to be more precise with them. If you play with customs, the Fast Pills helps Doc' a lot.

For edgeguarding, cape or tornado. Those are really the only options Doc has to edgeguard properly, with his overall poor mobility and his bad recovery.
Fun fact about the Tornado : it has pratically the same priority as Luigi's Cyclone. It's however better for edgeguarding, or reading rolls and spot dodges.

With customs, the best it to use the Super Tornado, the one that gives Doc a good vertical recovery. Couple this with the custom Explosive UpB of Doc (that has insane KO power), and you have a Doc that can still stand.

Doc in general, like many low and bottom tier characters, is better with customs.

I needed to do my stuff this morning. I'm learning my traffic laws (that's how we say this in english right ?) in the morning, so I can't be on the boards at the same time.

He could have just popped in to say "hi" before he went about with his morning routine.
253.png

This cowboy knows the truth.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Gosh! The Mega Man music (Classic/X/Zero/ZX. I don't know for the other) are so awesome!:charizard:
>tfw you don't mention Duck Tales's music :
296.jpg

Yeah right, but don't forget the good ol'Scrooge McDuck. The musics of his game were made by the same guy who did the musics for Mega Man.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Really? Five bucks for a whole character across technically two games is too much?
Yes, if it's a clone returning from Brawl. 5 bucks was for Mewtwo which was made from scratch and wasn't even a clone. So, either Mewtwo is underpriced, or Lucas is overpriced. I bet it's the latter.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yes, if it's a clone returning from Brawl. 5 bucks was for Mewtwo which was made from scratch and wasn't even a clone. So, either Mewtwo is underpriced, or Lucas is overpriced. I bet it's the latter.

Lucas, technically speaking, is a semi-clone, not a full clone. Being a clone or not doesn't justify a price. The work for both of those characters have the same value. It's only characters, and 5 bucks for Lucas isn't a problem.
In short : who cares about the price, it will always be the same, clone or orignal.
43b.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm all right at making Miis. I mostly do Nichijou ones though. Why do you ask ?
I ask for a Mii of Lacie from Pandora hearts. Here are picture.
If you did it, i would be very grateful.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom