• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The sentence: "He rides in an incredibly elaborate Kraangdroid to look like a teenage girl."

Because who wouldn't

Morbi

Scavenger
Here are all the ZSS art paintings I've did:

I know these images are a little risqué, but I hope you can see that they are artistic nudes. I hope this shows you that I'm one of your favorite artisters. Thank you.
That first picture is amazing, so beautiful, so artistic!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
With all your emojis, I accidentally assumed you were of the female species. Please forgive me.
That's an extremely dumb and surprisingly sexist assumption to make. The hell? XD

I swear, I must be the only guy around who has consistently talked to deadpan girls who either hardly show any sort of emotions online intentionally, simply troll and play around with others perceptions or don't use faces all that often for the past decade and a half. I tend to always end up getting close to those types. And the types who end up sounding more girly and adorable than they want to appear.

@IsmaR
@ Morbi Morbi
@mimgrim

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I don't know why, but seeing this in the Smash Wiki had me on the floor laughing. Just like how Ice Climbers fans had blamed Smash 3DS for existing, Tharja faboys will be pissed at Sakurai for going along with the E+10 route for Smash.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That's an extremely dumb and surprisingly sexist assumption to make. The hell? XD

I swear, I must be the only guy around who has consistently talked to deadpan girls who either hardly show any sort of emotions online intentionally, simply troll and play around with others perceptions or don't use faces all that often for the past decade and a half. I tend to always end up getting close to those types. And the types who end up sounding more girly and adorable than they want to appear.

@IsmaR
@ Morbi Morbi
@mimgrim
But I always use emoticons though. :4jigglypuff:

Take me off your sexy list of emoticon haters! :4wendy:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well I mean, this is the Internet.
You could say one thing, but really be another...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I don't know why, but seeing this in the Smash Wiki had me on the floor laughing. Just like how Ice Climbers fans had blamed Smash 3DS for existing, Tharja faboys will be pissed at Sakurai for going along with the E+10 route for Smash.
I'll admit though. It's not like the game is worse without it.

Jynxed

Smash Rookie
But I always use emoticons though. :4jigglypuff:

Take me off your sexy list of emoticon haters! :4wendy:
Please don't use my favorite two people :4jigglypuff::4wendy: unless you plan on using my favorite two people :4jigglypuff::4wendy: please. Jigglypuff is pretty much the best. The only thing better than Jigglypuff is Mega Wigglytuff.

However, Mega Wigglypuff isn't going to be out until ORAS.

I know this isn't Jigglypuff's FS, but it could be after the first round of DLC. Let's fight if we need to!

I have no idea what Wendy's FS is, but I can only imagine it is just as not-photoshopped as Mega Wigglytuff.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That moon will always be one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. Gives me nightmares. *shudders*
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game I ever played followed by Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword with Wind Waker Waker and Ocarina of Time following. I love how dark, twisted, and subtle the setting was. It wasn't like Clive Barker's Jericho or The Evil Within where horror was right in your face, but more like The Deadly Premonition or Silent Hill? I don't play horror games, so I don't really know. I really want another Zelda game that dark; Twilight Princess was dark, but in a more edgy or "mature" feeling while Majora's Mask was more like a noir graphic novel or something from Stephen King.

Here's a neat image that basically connects the characters' fates.

And I couldn't find the art where Link's all bloody and possible dead while the world goes on and repeats itself. There's this -- tis a link to the image on deviantart.

As for other stuff: what do you guys think about the Fierce Deity. Anyway, from a course on African storytelling, we're on and finishing heroes -- I'm still sort of catching up, but I understand the gist of the stuff --, there's an interesting thing about helpers and enemies. Although characters, helpers symbolize the hero's strengths while the enemies represent his shortcomings or his imperfections. Looking back, the Fierce Deity might be Link's greatest enemy rather than his greatest helper.

Why? The Fierce Deity was said to be an evil eviler than Majora, he also curb-stomps everyone by himself. Alone, he is a greater power than anything. Throughout Majora's Mask, Link gains masks, friends, and gear from others. They are all helpers; all aspects of his strengths and combined they create the hero that is Link. By giving up his helpers, Link can become even greater, but that's sacrificing his own strengths for someone else's; someone far more evil and demonic. Each dungeon, especially the final dungeon utilizes every "helper", but in the end, using the Fierce Deity is abandoning them for raw power alone.

TV Tropes has "What You are in the Dark", "Eviler than Thou", and "He Who Hunts Monsters" pages. Nobody would know, but Majora and himself if he abandoned his helpers and therefore, himself -- his humanity. The Fierce Deity, as said before, was said to be eviler than Majora. As for hunting monsters, Link becomes a monster, becomes a greater evil, to kill Majora. He didn't have to since players could decide and there's no canon use of it, but what if he did? Would it mean so?

Majora's a trickster, an amoral prankster who does things for his amusement. Majora's evil in a pure sense; there's no desire to control, greed, or anything associated with regular villains. Majora only wants to destroy. What's the greatest destruction, but of itself? The greatest trick the Devil (Majora) ever pulled was making an evil greater than itself: Fierce Deity Link. Tempting the young hero for a simple way out -- a simple, effective, and evil way of killing Majora.

The Fierce Deity is Link's lack of restraint. In combat, there is no equal, but that's because there's no holding back. In morality, there is none, but the justification of the means for the end: the death or rather, the slaughter of Majora. With great power, comes great responsibility. Link when restrained uses only enough power to overcome his enemies with the help of his friends. Without restraint, Link will only destroy, decimate, annihilate instead of overcoming not only his enemies, but his friends as well.

Maybe it is true. Majora's Mask Link is the same Link who is the Hero's Spirit in Twilight Princess. His greatest failure was not passing down his techniques, but maybe that wasn't his greatest failure, but the decision to use the Fierce Deity's power. He didn't become famous like his alternate, adult self who personally defeated Ganondorf, or Skyward Sword Link, the original hero; Wind Waker Link the Link who gave rise to a New Hyrule, or Twilight Princess Link who saved two realms. This Link was an unsung hero, or perhaps not even a hero at all. If he used the Fierce Deity's powers, then maybe he wasn't recognized by anyone since all they saw was a monster killing another monster; another bloody cycle. Had he not, then after Majora's defeat, they would have seen a young child who overcame evil; a hero who stops impending doom and allows the world to continue and prosper.

Seeing his shambled state and wolf form, maybe that Link was just a blood knight, a warrior who only knows life through combat; a warrior who lived by the sword and died by it. The wolf would then represent not a proud beast, but a beast to its very core; a beast who only hungers, fights, and survives; a beast who knows nothing of loyalty, love, and honor. Lost and failing to recreate a victory like defeating Ganondorf, he probably tried to return and live off peacefully, but couldn't -- he wasn't a man anymore, but something terrible and frightening.
TL;DR: Ramblings on The Fierce Deity and what it represents.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Please don't use my favorite two people :4jigglypuff::4wendy: unless you plan on using my favorite two people :4jigglypuff::4wendy: please. Jigglypuff is pretty much the best. The only thing better than Jigglypuff is Mega Wigglytuff.

However, Mega Wigglypuff isn't going to be out until ORAS.

I know this isn't Jigglypuff's FS, but it could be after the first round of DLC. Let's fight if we need to!

I have no idea what Wendy's FS is, but I can only imagine it is just as not-photoshopped as Mega Wigglytuff.
Jigglypuff is not a person, she is a balloon Pokemon. :4jigglypuff:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm sure that's just women in general. ¦D
So if anything you could be of the male or female gender. This is the Internet, and anonymity is a factor.

Yes, yes it is. I am outraged that she was taken out of the game. Worst 3DS title to hit shelves in years. Sakurai is incompetent and he should be removed immediately.

:4jigglypuff:
Whenever I see that Jiggs emoticon I always like to think that I'm being yelled at by a pink puffball. It just makes it all the more humorous.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol so do people still miss the Ice Climbers.
Lol, yes, some people do still miss the Ice Climbers, lol. Lol, I do not know why they miss them, lol. It probably has to do with those damned speculators, lol. Yeah, because Smash on 3DS is going to be so good, lol. That is why, lol, Ice Climbers are gone, lol. They are not going to, lol, be on the Wii U, lol.

Last edited:

Soul.

Why would it not? lol
I don't know why it wouldn't.
Lol, yes, some people do still miss the Ice Climbers, lol. Lol, I do not know why they miss them, lol. It probably has to do with those damned speculators, lol. Yeah, because Smash on 3DS is going to be so good, lol. That is why, lol, Ice Climbers are gone, lol. They are not going to, lol, be on the Wii U, lol.

Hey :4jigglypuff: Morbid, :4jigglypuff: are you :4jigglypuff: using :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: in Smash 4 :4jigglypuff: because :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: is buffed :4jigglypuff: from Brawl :4jigglypuff: and Rest :4jigglypuff: is :4jigglypuff: so much :4jigglypuff: better than :4jigglypuff:the Brawl version :4jigglypuff: of the move :4jigglypuff:. It could :4jigglypuff: be :4jigglypuff: because :4jigglypuff:of :4jigglypuff: speculators, :4jigglypuff:Puff :4jigglypuff: for high tier :4jigglypuff:don't you agree :4jigglypuff:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 268018

One lol too many. YOUR SOUL IS MINE

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Last strip in the BitF "Meet Me at Final Destination" arc is up.

...Now what'll I do with my life!?

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know why it wouldn't.

Hey :4jigglypuff: Morbid, :4jigglypuff: are you :4jigglypuff: using :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: in Smash 4 :4jigglypuff: because :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: is buffed :4jigglypuff: from Brawl :4jigglypuff: and Rest :4jigglypuff: is :4jigglypuff: so much :4jigglypuff: better than :4jigglypuff:the Brawl version :4jigglypuff: of the move :4jigglypuff:. It could :4jigglypuff: be :4jigglypuff: because :4jigglypuff:of :4jigglypuff: speculators, :4jigglypuff:Puff :4jigglypuff: for high tier :4jigglypuff:don't you agree :4jigglypuff:.
Is that a statement or a question? :4jigglypuff:

domokl

Smash Lord
Last strip in the BitF "Meet Me at Final Destination" arc is up.

...Now what'll I do with my life!?
well hey atleast when the epilogue releases smash 3ds comes out. And we are all going to have a fun time with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom