• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hmmm... This presents an issue that I never thought of.

I don't know if I can steal denial from things. I just know I can do it with chi.
Joke's on you, I'm a Terrarian Elf. Because of my heritage, I don't require oxygen, instead carbon dioxide, like a plant.

Therefore my blood is chlorophyll based and having my life force sucked out of me would probably just put me on a recharge period that would also probably turn me green for a while.

Also I brought my dinosaur, who eats force field dogs. I mean chi lifters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Joke's on you, I'm a Terrarian Elf. Because of my heritage, I don't require oxygen, instead carbon dioxide, like a plant.

Therefore my blood is chlorophyll based and having my life force sucked out of me would probably just put me on a recharge period that would also probably turn me green for a while.

So, if you're an elf, do you work for Santa Claus?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

So you're basically the equivilent of Olimar, but with more Vegetation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Doctor Mario is the best clone in Smash 4. Any other choice is a lie. And you guys know it. I mean, they basically made Melee Mario comeback in top form. That's magical.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just finished writing out a post in another thread, and @ Backgammon Backgammon locked it seconds before I hit post.

I already thought it out and typed it, so I don't want it to go to waste.

[collapse=Thoughts on clones]
Dark Pit is a character that is both very similar to, and completely different from Pit. Within Uprising, he was created as a clone of Pit, yet was shown to have his own personality. In the source game, he even plays similar to Pit, so his clone status is justified.

Could Dark Pit have been an alt costume? Yes, but ultimately, a clone barely takes any effort to create, he just happens to take up an imaginary "slot." Whether he was a costume or a clone, the amount of effort is the exact same, assets were just altered.

Dr. Mario and Lucina are in the exact same position. All the same moves with just slightly different properties, this took no more effort than copy/pasting Mario and Marth. The Dr. Tornado is also just ripped from Luigi, still minimal effort.

Some people are complaining that they should have just been alts, but that would have taken the same effort as making clones.
The clones did not "steal" any "slots." If we didn't have the clones, then the roster would just be three spaces smaller.

I'm upset over the lost characters too, but I'm not going to take it out on characters that had nothing to do with the cuts.
[/collapse]

For all the people who keep whining about the clones.

1.gif

To be honest,I couldn't agree more. I see clones as if Sakurai is saying : "Hey,developing a game is hard,but you want more characters,so here you go! :troll: "

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Doctor Mario is the best clone in Smash 4. Any other choice is a lie. And you guys know it. I mean, they basically made Melee Mario comeback in top form. That's magical.
There's plenty of Mario to go around.
:4mario: Combo Mario
:4drmario: Melee Mario
:4luigi: Green Mario
:4wario2: Wannabe Mario
:4mii: Another Wannabe Mario
:4villager: A Third Wannabe Mario
:4gaw: Flat Mario
So much Mario.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I mean, I don't think sucking chi and sucking blood are the same thing. :laugh:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Doc is an example of a good clone. In fact, most other clones/semis in Smash seem to be superior to the character who's moveset they copy.

Only bad examples of clones I can think of are Roy and Pichu. pleasedontkillmeroymains

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Am I the only one wondering if Luigi ever got to eat that Mushroom and Jelly sandwich before him and Mario went to the Mushroom Kingdom on accident
Or is that just me

D

Deleted member

In fact, most other clones/semis in Smash seem to be superior to the character who's moveset they copy.
Except for Ganondorf and Falco (in Melee)

And I like Roy because he's terrible, so no offense taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Doc is an example of a good clone. In fact, most other clones/semis in Smash seem to be superior to the character who's moveset they copy.

Only bad examples of clones I can think of are Roy and Pichu. pleasedontkillmeroymains
Come on, if Melee Falco fell any faster he'd beat Stone Kirby to the ground.

Edit: Partially Greninja'd

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This iiGGY dude is pretty good with Mega Man. He knows how to really use the Metal Blades well with Rush.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know why, but I'm actually leaning towards of trying Bayonetta 2 now (and technically Bayonetta 1 due to the deal) and I don't really play games that are pretty gruesome (the closest I've played is the Metal Gear series).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Nah, Pichu is clearly superior to Pikachu. :pichumelee:

D

Deleted member

Moral after watching today's episode of BlahBlahLPs: NEVER try to fight the entire Master Core as Bowser at intensity 9
More like don't try to fight the intensity 9 Master Core as anyone, Maximilian tried to do it on stream as Mega Man. He succeeded, but it took him 2 nights and a total of 10 hours of attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know why, but I'm actually leaning towards of trying Bayonetta 2 now (and technically Bayonetta 1 due to the deal) and I don't really play games that are pretty gruesome (the closest I've played is the Metal Gear series).
They are really good action games. So I say go for it. And they are completely ridiculous, which is awesome.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I actually agree with this. IMO, Pichu is an very underated Character. I don't what the others say about Pichu in Melee.

To me, the tier list means NOTHING in Melee. It's how you use the character itself.

Please don't kill me everyone.
There are tiers, but skill is also a factor.

EDIT: but then again, if most of your attacks hurt you, there's a good reason you're considered a s*** character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If someone actually managed to place in a major tournament with Roy, I'll have seen it all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Noone is posting anymore
I'm lonely
No more Smash Settling for you.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Idk, I think if we give BlahBlahLPs some time, he just might be able to pull it off.
Some guy beat Master Core on 9.0 with Ganondorf.
Without taking Damage.
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IF YOU JUST BELIEVE

(Now DK, don't go scarin' away the people this time.)​

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL at anyone that bought an iPhone 6

Not only is it so flimsy it bends just by being in your pocket, but the recent update to ios 8 BROKE the iPhone 6

It disabled touch controls and phone service

Stop supporting apple when they release terrible products

They are taking advantage of fan boys obsessed with brand names

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
BlahblahLP's and his friends pissed me off in their Robin reveal trailer reaction. They're like "Who's that"? and "C'mon, give us Ridley or Mewtwo". I was like:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

ROY MAINS GRAB THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!!

jk, jk.

To be fair, I think Roy needed more time to be worked on Melee to make him more balance. Thing is, it really seemed like they wanted to rush Melee for a launch title. Check out Roy in Project M -- he's almost balanced and I think some characters in that game should follow Roy's model. Err, well, not literally, but I think you get what I mean. I like Roy in PM as he's kinda glass cannon-ish. Doesn't really excel off stage (and has some weird weight issues), but you just need to adapt to that. But hey, Roy hits SO HARD. I ain't complaining. :laugh: I like Roy in Melee too, but you gotta know you're limitations... and lol @ Pichu he's like a bad fox.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Roy's tipper mechanic (inverse of Marth's), but I'm a less fan of Lucina's lack of one. Which is probably why I'm not fond of Lucina's playable status -- seems like they stripped what made Marth unique & interesting and made an easier character for those who don't like... spacing? Y'know who doesn't have a tipper? Link, and many other sword users. Even with Roy I'd prefer if they come up with another sword mechanic, but it's easier and less time consuming to go with what you have in the case of clones (some little differences in moves could mean big things too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom