• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, how does it work? Can you only play with the people your Santa Claus gave his or her codes to or can you just play with anybody with the demo near you?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
YEEHAW. Friend got me a demo! He tells me it has unlimited uses :D

D

Deleted member

I wish I had a code for the demo, but oh well.

Windows 9 leaked, this is an early version.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
So I'm watching the Treehouse now... did they really just say that you can't customize your special moves in a match lobby and can only use the pre-made setups you've brought to the lobby? If so that's really bad for tournaments =(

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey everyone!

You know me! I'm a cool guy, and a friend to all!

Could you please give me a code? Please!

NA Region.

So I'm watching the Treehouse now... did they really just say that you can't customize your special moves in a match lobby and can only use the pre-made setups you've brought to the lobby? If so that's really bad for tournaments =(
I'm sure if the demand is high enough they will patch it in.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain me how to get a eu code? I heard US can get it by being platinum, but that ain't a thing here.

EDIT: GET HYPE!!! Actually got 4 codes in my mail, LOL GG HYPE OMGWTFBBQ

Last edited:

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I didn't realize that the internet just became a place to beg for codes haha. Should have known.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As much as I would love a code, the fact that I'm not a Club Nintendo member and also I don't live in North America make it impossible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't realize that the internet just became a place to beg for codes haha. Should have known.
The internet is for many, many things. Pointless arguing, being a jerk and begging are top of the chain.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm interested in custom character battles

Why is his boshi not blue...

Must not mean the same boshi

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
K quick impressions after playing 5 matches (3 normal, 2 FD version. 1 FFA, rest were 1v1's)

• Mario feels sooooooooooooo good. I dunked 3 opponents (spiked with F-air) and even got a double kill.
  • Link sucks. Not to say I don't like him, nor that I don't think he'll be good once I get a better handle on the game
  • VILLAGER IS OP
  • I dislike Mega Man more than I thought I would, but he is really fun to play as. Pewpewpew
  • Pikachu also feels amazing. Still getting used to new Thunder, but tilts/aerials chain into everything, and it feels incredibly fun chasing opponents off the stage (Double N-air <3).
  • MUSIC IS AMAZING
  • Items feel less... intrusive, I'll say? Short of someone getting a Master Ball or Hammer, they don't feel OP and have about an equal risk/reward factor to whether or not you should go for them or hit people going for them.
  • DARK SAMUS, Y U NO PLAYABLE ;_;
  • looooooooooool at Arceus' VA. Legit started cracking up/will never be able to take it seriously now
  • The AI confuses me so much. They're smart enough to abuse spawn invincibility, yet during Sudden Death, when one just barely failed to KO me (flew off screen/just barely DI'd enough to live), it tried chasing me off stage/didn't even bother trying to recover, and immediately SD'd.I was like wat
  • The alts for everyone look so much better in person than in pictures. I didn't really like fem Villager, for example, but in she's so much more cute in action than in still pictures. Also loving that Pikachu's alts change his tint now. Emerald Bandana master race.
  • Grabs take some getting used to at first, or at least do for me. I'm using to grabbing with R, so I'll often accidentally shield/air dodge instead (which is extremely problematic when playing as Link and I assume everyone with extended "grapple" type grabs/tethers).
  • Why can't I play as Samus again?
  • Fun. That's what matters most to me. That's what I'm having, even with just bots. This game will be amazing with other people.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Everybody else is watching/playing smash, and here I am, alone, listening to whatever parts of the soundtrack I can find. Cuz' it's sooooooooooooooooo good.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Is it possible if I sign up for the nintendo emails now I can still get the codes?
That's what I want to know, my cousin didn't sign up for the newsletter cause spam (I don't get it. he never uses his email so what was he thinking?)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I envy those who have a US code. I've been waiting patiently for this game along with a lot of players and all. I mean I won't beg for a code, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was jealous though.
Honestly I just want to get a feel of the game and its controls so I'll feel more used to it when the actual game comes out.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
This is really annoying. I don;t subsribe to their newsletter cause they never tell me anything I don't know, and now I;m possibly missing out on a demo because of this >.< I can't even get on Club Nintendo to sign up for it because I assume thats what everyone else is doing...

Last edited:

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
This is really annoying. I don;t subsribe to their newsletter cause they never tell me anything I don't know, and now I;m possibly missing out on a demo because of this >.< I can't even get on Club Nintendo to sign up for it because I assume thats what everyone else is doing...
They needed your email, since the code comes through the mail. If you didn't subscribe they can't send you anything.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I envy those who have a US code. I've been waiting patiently for this game along with a lot of players and all. I mean I won't beg for a code, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was jealous though.
Honestly I just want to get a feel of the game and its controls so I'll feel more used to it when the actual game comes out.
Some random stranger on Twitter gave me mine..... I am so grateful... Not just to him... But to the Universe/God

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Can someone explain me how to get a eu code? I heard US can get it by being platinum, but that ain't a thing here.

EDIT: GET HYPE!!! Actually got 4 codes in my mail, LOL GG HYPE OMGWTFBBQ
Do you have an extra one if so plz PM is it NA Code though.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
OooooooooooOoOOoOOOO this demo is guuuuuuuuuuuuud.

I'm no Smash Bros. professional player unfortunately, so I can't weigh in on what's good or bad about each character in detail.

For anyone who's wondering how Smash Bros. looks on 3DS, however... you will NOT be disappointed. It is just god damn beautiful, and has flawless 60fps, even with 3D on.

The 30fps on ATs and Pokeball pokemon were a little unusual, but nothing too distracting. It's all worth it in the end.

I might just get sick from overplaying the demo itself before the retail version comes out.

GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYPED.

I should learn how to combo in Smash though. This is nothing like Street Fighter combos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom