• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What is this about femininity and examples and the way people talk/type?

What is "femininity"? We type out words, and depending on how we structure sentences and what words/emoticons we use can equal femininity, meaning such user is a female? What about masculinity? Isn't it silly to apply/assume a gender to how a person structures their sentences? Wordings aren't gender exclusive.
That's why we have stereotyping. Because everything has to be left or right. Clearly.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What is this about femininity and examples and the way people talk/type?

What is "femininity"? We type out words, and depending on how we structure sentences and what words/emoticons we use can equal femininity, meaning such user is a female? What about masculinity? Isn't it silly to apply/assume a gender to how a person structures their sentences? Wordings aren't gender exclusive.
Sure, a little bit but regardless it's still sometimes pretty easy to pick out what people are. I've had people here think I'm a girl before just from I don't know what, I don't really go out of the way to be cute~ or stuff.

I hope no one thinks that here. they'd be very disappointed, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hmmm, femininity got me thinking...

What if one time of day while the activity in this thread is down, one of the mods edits the thread title to the "Sociologial - Smash 4 Social Justice Thread"?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Urban Dictionary only gives me two definitions; one to describe people who only listen to hit music, another is some covert shorthand for a certain 4-letter word for flirty women.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alright, thread activity seems to have mellowed down. Might not be the bets time for this, but you might find this interesting.

Have I ever told you about the time I met Tourette's Guy's alleged nephew at a Brawl tourney?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright, thread activity seems to have mellowed down. Might not be the bets time for this, but you might find this interesting.

Have I ever told you about the time I met Tourette's Guy's alleged nephew at a Brawl tourney?
Probably. Tell us anyways.

D

Deleted member

As Wolverine watched the photos of Lucas and Red in the ruins where they fight Galleom, Pikachu began to cry because of them leaving the Smash Bros. roster.
Proof:

Poor Pikachu. =(
Everyone cried because of that, not just Pikachu. :troll:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Probably. Tell us anyways.
'Twas at a local called Massquerade 2 (maybe 3). If memory serves me right, I was getting done playing friendlies and some kid behind me nails a perfect, "Oh, Bob Saget!" Think he was telling a story to another tourneygoer and the guy I was playing with and I join in the conversation, intrigued. Not believing him, I ask him how he knows Tourette's Guy. He said that Tourette's Guy is actually his uncle. The guy next to me says how everyone thought he was dead. According to him, Tourette's Guy's hiatus is actually the result of him being in jail. He didn't want to make those videos because the nephew's brother got him drunk in order for him to do it. His nephew claims that he's trying to bail him out of jail.

His impression was so sound I wouldn't be surprised if he was family or something. But I would take it's veracity with a grain of salt. Whether or not it's true, it's astonishing to think the explanation we were given is covering up something like that. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sure, a little bit but regardless it's still sometimes pretty easy to pick out what people are. I've had people here think I'm a girl before just from I don't know what, I don't really go out of the way to be cute~ or stuff.

I hope no one thinks that here. they'd be very disappointed, I'm sure.
Tbh, I just said that to get people thinking. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not.

I've had people thought I was a guy before... but just gay. I mean, they probably saw me fangirling over a bunch of male characters before. You're lucky that you actually got called (although mistakenly) a girl. :laugh: :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh that is awesome

Kamen Rider Bravo is a gay man, and he is in love with the "White Kamen Rider"

The guy that was the white kamen rider was defeated and left for dead, and his powers taken by another kamen rider, one that is working with the bad guys

For a while now, the bad kamen rider has been using the white kamen rider's powers to fight the main hero, and the hero was confused as to why this guy who said he was going to be his ally, was attacking him

However, FINALLY on this episode Bravo and the main hero are allies, and when Bravo sees the white Kamen rider fighting the hero, he INSTANTLY knows he's an impostor

Because he's not "Elegant enough"

I think it's hilarious how his identity as an impostor was revealed that way

Soul.

Hmm, what are you guys expecting for the PotD?
Nothing. If the rest of the characters didn't show up in the final build demo, they'll be shown in a few days when Smash 3DS is released in Japan. lol

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
There could be a direct this week, but it doesn't really matter all too much if we get one or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG apparently nuts are actually a type of fruit

D

Deleted member

PotD was stuff inside the Vault menu, nothing new but that's cool.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ok so apparently the starting roster is of all the characters on the main site excluding Lucina. Does this mean the characters we've wanted all this time could simply be unlockables? Let's hope so.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Oh goody, yet another PotD about the menus... Yay. :glare:
I said it was something about the menus, but I got the content of the menus wrong. Whoo.

I've been mistaken for a woman here. Jeez, I wonder why...
I get called either gender on here because I have largely androgynous habits, which I find kinda funny. I prefer gender neutral pronouns too, so it all works out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom