• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This may be random coming from me, but do you guys know what the name of the Mother 3 song is when you are on the 1st floor of the Empire Porky Building? That relaxing song is getting to me.

Soul.

But is it more broken the Mega Groudon?
Primal Groudon: Attack is boosted. Ability makes it immune to Water-type moves.
Primal Kyogre: Special Attack is boosted. Ability makes it immune to Fire-type moves.
Mega Rayquaza: All base stats are boosted. Ability makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are weak to will deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon. Lasts as long as Mega Rayquaza is in battle. Dragon Ascent is said to be the most powerful Flying-type move.
I guess all three are broken.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really hope Nintendo announces the Wii U release date tomorrow, throw the guys who are waiting for that version (like me) a bone. :(
I hope so too. But we might have to wait for some semi-major event or something. Though don't be surprised if the November 21st thing ends up being true.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I have a really important question. (Well to me it is important)
Has anyone seen the show Bleach?
The anime not the crappy reality show you may have heard of.
The anime is amazing. Has anyone here seen it? I'm only on episode 31 so no spoilers.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The anime is amazing. Has anyone here seen it? I'm only on episode 31 so no spoilers.
One of the biggest bleach fans here.
I'll share my FC after the tournament, I have to delete everybody. T_t
Matter of a fact I 'll put it under the sidebar next to my NNID. If I'm being added tell me.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, I'm not going to take match requests since my backlog of people to fight is tight at the moment.

Also, have this.
[collapse="Language Warning"]
[/collapse]

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Primal Groudon: Attack is boosted. Ability makes it immune to Water-type moves.
Primal Kyogre: Special Attack is boosted. Ability makes it immune to Fire-type moves.
Mega Rayquaza: All base stats are boosted. Ability makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are weak to will deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon. Lasts as long as Mega Rayquaza is in battle. Dragon Ascent is said to be the most powerful Flying-type move.
I guess all three are broken.
Yeah I know. But I think Groudon's ability gives him the most coverage. Being Ground/Fire but more or less immune to Water is cheap. Literally, the only weakness left is other Ground types, oh wait, he can spam easy-mode Solarbeams. Throw in EQ and Flamethrower/Fire Blast and you're pretty much done. Spend your last move on whatever you want, like Return or Swords Dance.

Kyorge is strong as hell too, but it doesn't gain much from being immune to Fire. But neutral damage on Grass is an upgrade. Though Thunder spam is an issue for him still.

And Rayquaza does get a good boost too. Stealth Rock shenanigans aren't as big of an issue for him. And Ice isn't quite as annoying as before.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
By the way, I'm not going to take match requests since my backlog of people to fight is tight at the moment.

Also, have this.
[/collapse]
0/10 No Mii Fighter

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Also, have this.
[/collapse]
Ganondorf's is probably the best thing ever.
"Ganondorf players are dug-in. They are infatuated with the idea of playing as ****ing GANONDORF and always will despite never being able to break free from Cpt. Falcon's shadow."

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Also, have this.
[/collapse]
:4falcon:: How did he know...
:4falco:: Also true. Should have mentioned down-tilt
:4luigi:: After Mario's description, I expected a comparison to Ken...I was disappointed
:4wario2:: What lies!?
:4zss::....I am advised not to respond properly to this.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Going by my most played characters in each game, apparently...

:ness64: I'm down to earth. Well, I was bound.
:gawmelee:I will wreck you.
:olimar:I am an enigma.

If I throw in my new favorite newcomer..
:4pacman:I will wreck you.

Fun times.

Soul.

Yeah I know. But I think Groudon's ability gives him the most coverage. Being Ground/Fire but more or less immune to Water is cheap. Literally, the only weakness left is other Ground types, oh wait, he can spam easy-mode Solarbeams. Throw in EQ and Flamethrower/Fire Blast and you're pretty much done. Spend your last move on whatever you want, like Return or Swords Dance.

Kyorge is strong as hell too, but it doesn't gain much from being immune to Fire. But neutral damage on Grass is an upgrade. Though Thunder spam is an issue for him still.

And Rayquaza does get a good boost too. Stealth Rock shenanigans aren't as big of an issue for him. And Ice isn't quite as annoying as before.
Kyogre is the most broken one lol. It gets a boost in Special Attack, Water Spout is strong, Water-type STAB makes it even better. Even with Drizzle lasting 5 turns it's still a good Pokémon. Choice Specs Water Spout should deal the same damage as Primal Kyogre Water Spout. It has Thunder and Ice Beam for coverage, yeah, whatever resists Water Spout, the other two moves are used to K.O the rest. Regular Kyogre will still be a thing even with the Primal Reversion.

I can see Groudon being a pretty good physical attacker with its Primal Reversion. Rock Polish / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Fire Punch + increased base Attack from PR should make it a huge force in Ubers. Earthquake and Stone Edge have great coverage while Fire Punch takes care of stuff that can resist the other two moves. Rock Polish Groudon was already a thing back in Gen 5, so it's obvious this should work with the Primal Reversion. Though, honestly, normal Groudon should be used as a physical wall + reliable Stealth Rock user with a good Attack stat that still does damage even with no EVs.

Rayquaza, well...it's a good mixed attacker in Ubers right now with Draco Meteor / V-create / Extreme Speed / Dragon Claw or Earthquake. Mega Rayquaza would be the same thing, but a lot harder to deal with. The Mega Evolution's ability is decent at least. It doesn't have to worry about type weaknesses as long as it is in battle. Then again, Blissey is a thing and that's much better than Chansey in Ubers (Boosted bulk from Eviolite isn't worth it when you get trapped and can't do anything to Shadow Tag Pokémon).

Ubers may be a banlist first, but sometimes people come up with a suspect test in that tier with examples such as Mega Gengar. That Mega Evolution is the best Shadow Tag user.

Anyways, does someone wanna add me on the 3DS? My FC is 0473-7785-0819.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
PM me if you add my FC so I can add you back. I'm going afk for a little bit.
1160-9748-6431

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
MIDNIGHT RELEASE HYPE. TWO MORE HOURS FOR US ON EAST COAST.

I have an 8am physics lab but idc im staying up all night playing then gonna play as im walking to class.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kyogre is the most broken one lol. It gets a boost in Special Attack, Water Spout is strong, Water-type STAB makes it even better. Even with Drizzle lasting 5 turns it's still a good Pokémon. Choice Specs Water Spout should deal the same damage as Primal Kyogre Water Spout. It has Thunder and Ice Beam for coverage, yeah, whatever resists Water Spout, the other two moves are used to K.O the rest. Regular Kyogre will still be a thing even with the Primal Reversion.

I can see Groudon being a pretty good physical attacker with its Primal Reversion. Rock Polish / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Fire Punch + increased base Attack from PR should make it a huge force in Ubers. Earthquake and Stone Edge have great coverage while Fire Punch takes care of stuff that can resist the other two moves. Rock Polish Groudon was already a thing back in Gen 5, so it's obvious this should work with the Primal Reversion. Though, honestly, normal Groudon should be used as a physical wall + reliable Stealth Rock user with a good Attack stat that still does damage even with no EVs.

Rayquaza, well...it's a good mixed attacker in Ubers right now with Draco Meteor / V-create / Extreme Speed / Dragon Claw or Earthquake. Mega Rayquaza would be the same thing, but a lot harder to deal with. The Mega Evolution's ability is decent at least. It doesn't have to worry about type weaknesses as long as it is in battle. Then again, Blissey is a thing and that's much better than Chansey in Ubers (Boosted bulk from Eviolite isn't worth it when you get trapped and can't do anything to Shadow Tag Pokémon).

Ubers may be a banlist first, but sometimes people come up with a suspect test in that tier with examples such as Mega Gengar. That Mega Evolution is the best Shadow Tag user.

Anyways, does someone wanna add me on the 3DS? My FC is 0473-7785-0819.
You really think Kyogre is the strongest? I'm not that much into competitive Pokemon, so I could have been wrong with my earlier statements. Still Water Spout, Thunder, and Ice Beam would be a reliable moveset.

Would a physical Groudon really be that much better? I thought it was a reliable mixed bag of sorts. If that's the case, I guess Fire Punch would do better than Flamethrower. STAB should make either really strong. Earthquake is usually reliable. But I still think Solar Beam is a excellent coverage option with his Primal Reversion.(I forgot it was called that. I'm used to just saying Mega Groudon or what have you)It's like he was born to use that move.

Alright, I added you.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'M GROWING A 'STACHE
MY GOD I'M FINALLY GETTIN' A 'STACHE
For some reason it's a Black Stache, my hair is Dirty-Blonde...
BUT I'M GROWING A 'STACHE
AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAH

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'M GROWING A 'STACHE
MY GOD I'M FINALLY GETTIN' A 'STACHE
For some reason it's a Black Stache, my hair is Dirty-Blonde...
BUT I'M GROWING A 'STACHE
AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAH
He, you're so excited about it, and i'm just annoyed about having to shave it every damn morning.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Also, have this.
[/collapse]
Okay, so looking at the newcomers that interest me/may want to main:

:4robinm:: I'm good in theory, sub-par in practice.
:4shulk:: I'll fight as topless Shulk... OMG HOW DID THEY KNOW!? :eek:
:4wiifit:: Male wiifit players do not exist

Me:

And seriously, I find it's more humiliating to defeat opponents with Hii Fit Trainer lol.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I hope the anime returns and gets. Caught up to the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom