• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
One thing I really love with him is just how out there their attacks are. You throw a can? Nope, you direct it using light gun shots. It's little attacks like that which make me respect a character more.
Not only that, but the can is from Hogan's Alley.

I love how the dog uses the games that used the NES Zapper in his moveset. Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan's Alley.

Plus his Smash attacks are him avoiding shots from the hunter of Duck Hunt.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but I'm just grasping for straws for the Ice Climbers :lol:
To be honest, I feel bad for those who mained Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl. Maybe if DLC gets confirmed, they could get in the roster, who knows?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He's the new R.O.B, I guess. And people have always hated him anyway for that laughing taunt. :awesome:

I do wonder, though.
Was he originally conceived as a second retro character alongside the Ice Climbers, or was he only worked on when Sakurai was unsure if the IC's were gonna work on the 3DS version, as a sort of "failsafe" retro rep?

----
I don't think it'd be a failsafe. Sakurai probably just sees them as interesting fighters most likely. It was more like the IC just got the short end of the stick due to their mechanics not working well the 3DS. So, perhaps another game down the line, on a different system would be able to handle their power.

As much as it would suck. I think giving up one character for the sake of a 3DS version was worth it in the end.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I don't really dislike any of the characters. They all look fun to play as, and while I'm not a huge fan of getting three clones, I'll probably use them more than the originals. (Except maybe Lucina, it depends if her balanced blade really does makes a difference.)

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Bleh. :c
I don't know why some of you guys don't like the Duck Hunt Dog. He's pretty hype. I get that clones get hate. That's always been a thing. But the Dog is alright in my book.
Yeah DHD was at least something built from the ground up and makes a reference to the Gunman. Clones are a cop out if they aren't at least enough differences to distinguish them from their original. IE Fox/Wolf and Link/Tink.

le epic maymay

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No you didn't.
Damn. You aren't even going to give a "you're lying.". Just an outright no. You're a cold man Tom.

I don't really dislike any of the characters. They all look fun to play as, and while I'm not a huge fan of getting three clones, I'll probably use them more than the originals. (Except maybe Lucina, it depends if her balanced blade really does makes a difference.)
I'll use Doc. I'm surprised and a little happy to see him again. Not sure about the other 2 though. I never really liked Marth much, so I don't see how Lucina would change that for me. I do like Robin and Ike though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This fits so well with the speculation ending.
I think this one is more appropriate (Taking smash speculation current state)

It's not exactly an ending theme, but it plays after you kill the last boss

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn. You aren't even going to give a "you're lying.". Just an outright no. You're a cold man Tom.
It's one of my specialties, right next to making silly balloon animals and solving a 4x4 rubik's cube in under 20 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
NO. HE. DIDN'T.

AND NEITHER DO YOU
You can't tell me who I can or cannot like! Scrappy Doo was my favorite Scooby Doo character when I was a kid!

In other news, now that all the characters for SSB4 have been revealed, I can say for sure 1⅓ out of 5 of my past mains returned.
:(

D

Deleted member

You can't tell me who I can or cannot like!
We'll see about that when you have concrete strapped to your feet and are being held over a fishing pier.
Scrappy Doo is one of the best cartoon characters, hands down. I am not sure what you are on about.
You've pretty much shown yourself to be a massive troll so I'm not gonna take your opinion into account.

D

Deleted member

"It took a while figured the leaks out, but we all did it together!"
"Did the ESRB leaker really mean to destroy us all?"
"Sayonara... ESRB the Leaker"
Good one! The SA2 ending song xSoul posted really fits with the end of speculation.

Soul.

I think this one is more appropriate (Taking smash speculation current state)

It's not exactly an ending theme, but it plays after you kill the last boss

Each to their own, I suppose. Maybe both themes fit well.

"It took a while figured the leaks out, but we all did it together!"
"Did the ESRB leaker really mean to destroy us all?"
"Sayonara... ESRB the Leaker"
In the final boss fight with Finalhazard end of speculation:
Random person: "ESRB, can you hear me?"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Each to their own, I suppose. Maybe both themes fit well.

In the final boss fight with Finalhazard end of speculation:
Random person: "ESRB, can you hear me?"
I think the panicked mood of mine represents the angry mess of community that's going on now

Not to mention the people using denial as their escape

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Well guys, it's finally over, we are approaching the final hours, it was an honor speculating with you all, let's meet again in 4-7 years. :secretkpop:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What stages are you looking forward to most on the 3DS? I'm looking forward to Unova Pokemon League and Magicant.

D

Deleted member

What stages are you looking forward to most on the 3DS? I'm looking forward to Unova Pokemon League and Magicant.
Magicant.
I've been geeking out about it ever since it was shown. From the music to the Earthbound elements like the Flying Man, it's my favorite stage on the 3DS version. Here's to hoping we get a Mother stage that's just as good on the Wii U version.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And here we all stand as the end of pointless speculation comes upon us and we all simmer down from our varying emotions and opinions and wait for the dawn of the next generation of Smash in silence in peace...

MEANWHILE, AT SAKURAI'S HOUSE:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Flying Men, Iron Octopus/Pencil, Dr. Andonut's Sky Runner, Dungeon Man moving across the bottom, background scenes from Mother and Mother 2. Mother 1's Magicant is pretty much the Earthbound fan service stage.

I also love how they made an N's Castle stage from Pokemon Black and White and how it has a medley of N's Room, N's Castle, and the B/W Credits theme.

Those are my favorite 3DS stages so far.

Oh, and yushako started streaming again.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
The Magical Ant.

The new Pictochat also looks pretty fun, and I really like the F-Zero stage.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well guys, it's finally over, we are approaching the final hours, it was an honor speculating with you all, let's meet again in 4-7 years. :secretkpop:
Well, you could always stay and fight some people online. That's what I plan on doing. At least for while.

Also I guess I'm the only one to find Retro F-Zero to be the hypest stage. Okay, I see how it is guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom