• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
does this count? lol
I don't know why, but I don't like Skrillex as a person. I don't care much for his music either, except for Make it Bun Dem which mostly wins because reggae.

I loved DmC. Though I never played the original series.
DmC: Devil May Cry is, granted, supposed to introduce more people to the series, so yes, it's easier or rather, the beginning difficulties are easy. Add modern game design which makes it so movement isn't clunky, hitboxes are more accurate, and stuff like that, then DmC is the second most easiest Devil May Cry game. The easiest is DMC2 which is notorious since you could max out Ebony & Ivory and basically spam them to kill everyone. DMC2's greatest redeeming quality is that it introduced weapon switching and in a way, a style button through the dodge button which you could say is a precursor to DMC3's Trickster style.

Now, DMC1 is mild, but I blame the fact that it was supposed to be Resident Evil 4 and because, well, it's old. DMC4 follows next and DMC3, especially the original, overseas version is the most difficult from the beginning difficulties; Easy was Normal, Normal was Hard, and Hard was Very Hard. I don't know why, but Capcom decided that overseas players are more hardcore and masochistic. My first DMC was the original DMC3... Yeah, rough entry.

I personally, like them all, with the except of DMC2 gameplay-wise, but appreciate its innovations that were carried over in DMC3 except for the Devil Heart thing which I thought was cool. Weapons-wise, DMC3 wins followed by DmC and DMC4; DMC1 didn't have much, but it was better than DMC2 which only had Devil Arms with different properties and ranged weapons... mostly ranged weapons...

Anyway, if you want to start, I suggest going through them in order even though chronologically, it's DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, and DMC2 with DmC being basically, the Ultimate universe in Marvel or Earth-2 in DC. That way, you'll get a sense of its evolution and you'll appreciate that games do improve even ever so slightly.

Seriously, what amazed me the most in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was not that it was another Sly game, but the fact that Sly and others actually shift their weight to stop and run back in the opposite direction. In the old Sly games, it was just turn around and run. Just those little things are just amazing to me and most people just ignore it. I mean, look at Melee and look at Brawl. Look at the Smash charging animations for Melee and Brawl. I think there was none - it's been a while - and Brawl had that struggle animation before a fighter launches their fully-charged Smashes.

Anyway, favorite boss song in DMC3 is Cerberus's. Fun fact: Shootie MG, the guy who worked on DMC3 and 4's music also worked on Final Fantasy XIII-2's.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You guys made me go on a like rampage with music. Since we're in the '60s (page wise)...

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I don't know why, but I don't like Skrillex as a person. I don't care much for his music either, except for Make it Bun Dem which mostly wins because reggae.

DmC: Devil May Cry is, granted, supposed to introduce more people to the series, so yes, it's easier or rather, the beginning difficulties are easy. Add modern game design which makes it so movement isn't clunky, hitboxes are more accurate, and stuff like that, then DmC is the second most easiest Devil May Cry game. The easiest is DMC2 which is notorious since you could max out Ebony & Ivory and basically spam them to kill everyone. DMC2's greatest redeeming quality is that it introduced weapon switching and in a way, a style button through the dodge button which you could say is a precursor to DMC3's Trickster style.

Now, DMC1 is mild, but I blame the fact that it was supposed to be Resident Evil 4 and because, well, it's old. DMC4 follows next and DMC3, especially the original, overseas version is the most difficult from the beginning difficulties; Easy was Normal, Normal was Hard, and Hard was Very Hard. I don't know why, but Capcom decided that overseas players are more hardcore and masochistic. My first DMC was the original DMC3... Yeah, rough entry.

I personally, like them all, with the except of DMC2 gameplay-wise, but appreciate its innovations that were carried over in DMC3 except for the Devil Heart thing which I thought was cool. Weapons-wise, DMC3 wins followed by DmC and DMC4; DMC1 didn't have much, but it was better than DMC2 which only had Devil Arms with different properties and ranged weapons... mostly ranged weapons...

Anyway, if you want to start, I suggest going through them in order even though chronologically, it's DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, and DMC2 with DmC being basically, the Ultimate universe in Marvel or Earth-2 in DC. That way, you'll get a sense of its evolution and you'll appreciate that games do improve even ever so slightly.

Seriously, what amazed me the most in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was not that it was another Sly game, but the fact that Sly and others actually shift their weight to stop and run back in the opposite direction. In the old Sly games, it was just turn around and run. Just those little things are just amazing to me and most people just ignore it. I mean, look at Melee and look at Brawl. Look at the Smash charging animations for Melee and Brawl. I think there was none - it's been a while - and Brawl had that struggle animation before a fighter launches their fully-charged Smashes.

Anyway, favorite boss song in DMC3 is Cerberus's. Fun fact: Shootie MG, the guy who worked on DMC3 and 4's music also worked on Final Fantasy XIII-2's.
I don't get Marvel/DC references but I can understand what you mean. I really liked Dante's character in DmC. Is he the same in original DMC? And Kat is my waifu but I know she's not in it.

If there's no DmC sequel with Dante x Kat...

Last edited by a moderator:

Grass

Smash Lord
stilll the funniest **** on the internet.

the story of how a cow ****ed Phil/Silentwolf and they were asked to pass the milk while a macho cop wasn't able to stop them.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This might be a reason why DQVII 3DS might never be localized. :troll:
Edit: I didn't realize God was so butthurt when he lost.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're really going with this, I hear putting said videos in tabs help. With that said...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't get Marvel/DC references but I can understand what you mean. I really liked Dante's character in DmC. Is he the same in original DMC? And Kat is my waifu but I know she's not in it.

If there's no DmC sequel with Dante x Kat...
Marvel/DC use multiple universes to do what ifs and make stuff more interesting since for some, it's kind of boring to just see Superman the same way over and over. So, the reinvent him, make him edgy, and call it a day. And that, kids, is how New 52 was created. That and something about Flash and Professor Zoom being an ***hat.

Anyway, DmC Dante is more of a punk, rebel hero archetype who goes from not giving a damn, hating institutions, and being a ****. Slowly, he grows to love, understand, and be less hotheaded and angry which is notable in the ending where he choose freedom for people which he never had when his Sparda was taken from him and Eva was killed. He goes from being a selfish, nihilistic deadbeat to a selfless, learning hero.

DMC Dante is more like Vampire Hunter D or Alucard from Castlevania who hates demons because they took his mother and what he thought at the time: his brother, Vergil. DMC Dante starts hating his demonic side which includes his father, Sparda, who he probably blamed for not being there to save him, his brother, and his mother. Slowly, he accepts his demonic side since it gives him power to protect just like how his father used his powers. He also begins to respect his father again because of that. Personality-wise, this Dante is more of a trickster, joker, and in a way, cryptic. DMC2, however, made him really serious until the ending. DMC1 Dante is more mature, but he's still kinda funny and hammy, but there's a reason for that since it takes place after DMC3. DMC4, unfortunately, basically goes shonen manga/anime and makes him almost like his DMC3 self of being a wise-cracking, immature idiot hero... Oh, and Nero and Kyrie are basically Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach. That's DMC4 in a nutshell.

To me, DMC5 and DmC2 are both being teased with DMC4: Special Edition being an update to a 7 year-old game and Vergil being playable probably hints at something while DmC getting a port to the PS4 and Xbox One with all these changes means that there's a chance there's DmC2 not to mention how DmC's ending and Vergil's Downfall's ending hints to another sequel that probably involves Dante vs, Vergil. Considering Capcom has worked with Marvel for such a long time, I wouldn't doubt that they're going the multiverse route to make games. Now if only they could do that with Mega Man... HELL, MAKE A BAD ART MEGA MAN PARODY GAME, CAPCOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom