• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
What are your guys' opinions on what Sakurai said about no more balance patches? My gut reaction was that I was disheartened that we will never see an even closer tier list this game. And I really don't want Diddy to be controlling the game this go around.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What are your guys' opinions on what Sakurai said about no more balance patches? My gut reaction was that I was disheartened that we will never see an even closer tier list this game. And I really don't want Diddy to be controlling the game this go around.
My opinion is that Sakurai didn't say that, and as always, people are misinterpreting him.
Again.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think people are forgetting that the metagame is guaranteed to change. For all we know, Diddy will end up being bottom tier. For the same reason, I'm glad there won't be balance patches.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
My opinion is that Sakurai didn't say that, and as always, people are misinterpreting him.
Again.
Wait, wut?
From Famitsu btw

---In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?

Sakurai: We don't have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit.

If we were to do something like tweak characters' customized special moves, then there'd be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.

---That's because with customized special moves or items, you can only play with them enabled online with players who are in your friends list, isn't that right?

Sakura: When playing with your personal friends, I think it's probably more interesting that you can almost cheat a little through customizing your character. *Laughs*

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Again.
What he literally says in an interview:
"—In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?

Sakurai: We don’t have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit."
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...mproved-online-but-no-further-balane-patches/
so... yeah. How else can that be interpreted?
EDIT: hmm... he could have misinterpreted the question, thinking it was about custom moves being allowed online or something. But that would make no sense.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wait, wut?
From Famitsu btw

---In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?

Sakurai: We don't have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit.

If we were to do something like tweak characters' customized special moves, then there'd be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.

---That's because with customized special moves or items, you can only play with them enabled online with players who are in your friends list, isn't that right?

Sakura: When playing with your personal friends, I think it's probably more interesting that you can almost cheat a little through customizing your character. *Laughs*
Why'd you post the entire article here?
I know what it says, my point still stands.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wait, wut?
From Famitsu btw

maybe people should stop blowing up over it and carry on? The world is better like that

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, he did mention that he will still patch out stuff that is too broken. So if Diddy ends up being that much better, he's get nerfed. Also, the metagame is still new. Someone might discover a tactic to counter that annoying monkey.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I see I have been talked about quite a bit while I was not looking!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What he literally says in an interview:
"—In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?

Sakurai: We don’t have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit."
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...mproved-online-but-no-further-balane-patches/
so... yeah. How else can that be interpreted?
At the place I am in my life I currently have no plans to ever go to North Dakota.
Does that mean that I'll never go to North Dakota?
No. I can interpret it how I want. And I say that this really isn't that big of a deal.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I think people are forgetting that the metagame is guaranteed to change. For all we know, Diddy will end up being bottom tier. For the same reason, I'm glad there won't be balance patches.
Oh I know that lol. But at the same time, the potential with balance patches is still very pleasing to think about. Of course, balance patches coudl be very bad. If anything, I would just want more buffs to weaker characters over nerfs to better characters.
Well, he did mention that he will still patch out stuff that is too broken. So if Diddy ends up being that much better, he's get nerfed. Also, the metagame is still new. Someone might discover a tactic to counter that annoying monkey.
That is true, and as the one above me said, the metagame will be totally different, even a month from now.
As I said, I just wanted opinions, to see where everyone else stood. No need to start getting into some war over a silly quote.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC