• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Argh, Pokemon opinion talk bleh.

I think all the main series Pokemon games are good. Each providing a different experience catering to someone else. For example, I'm willing to concede the 4th gen games are good...but I can't play them because they are too slow and bronzo or whatever the Pokemon's name was appeared too often and was just too annoying to face. >.>

The only one I enjoyed was Soulsilver.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I liked Gen V because:
- Deeper storyline
- How it only made new Pokémon available (forced you to re-discover stuff and made clearing the story much more satisfying once you started seeing familiar faces once again)
- Route 10 music
- Cynthia bonus boss
- Faster-paced combat than Gen IV
- Best villain of the franchise

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gen V is indeed somekind of transition generation, with some important gameplay changes, like Infinite TM uses. But it has some cool stuff, like the Story and characters. BW is to get to know Unova and is enjoyable of course.
But BW2 was the real deal: Challenge Mode, a more brutal Team Plasma, lots of Legends to catch, Stronk E4 and the Black Tower/White Treehollow.

also It was pretty nice to NOT find Zubat all the time in caves....now there's Woobat

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only Pokemon games that interest me are the Mystery Dungeon games (excluding the 3DS version). I never found Pokemon that appealing. I quit halfway through Black and only dabbled with my brother's copy of Platnium.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guise, remember when Spongebob caught a Shiny Tentacruel?

....yes, Im bored, sorry

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is the best Pokemon spin-off game ever created. Can we agree on this?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I've decided to start reading Inu-Yasha, Attack on Titan, and am just now starting Naruto. I'm also watching Gurren Lagann, DBGT, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, and looking for Ninchikojou (that's not how it's spelled, but still).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Gen V is indeed somekind of transition generation, with some important gameplay changes, like Infinite TM uses. But it has some cool stuff, like the Story and characters. BW is to get to know Unova and is enjoyable of course.
But BW2 was the real deal: Challenge Mode, a more brutal Team Plasma, lots of Legends to catch, Stronk E4 and the Black Tower/White Treehollow.

also It was pretty nice to NOT find Zubat all the time in caves....now there's Woobat
I liked Gen V because:
- Deeper storyline
- How it only made new Pokémon available (forced you to re-discover stuff and made clearing the story much more satisfying once you started seeing familiar faces once again)
- Route 10 music
- Cynthia bonus boss
I too like Gen V for all of these reasons.
but also because:
PWT.
Moving Sprites
and Gen V also contains a lot of awesome pokemon (Snivy, Samurott, Klinklang, Joltik, Ferrothorn, Woobat, Yamask, Larvesta, Zekrom, Meloetta, Victini, Elektross, Swanna, Vanillite, Genesect, Durant, Heatmor, Chandelure, Foongus, Deerling, Escavalier, Solosis, Swanna, Maractus, Sandile, Whirlipede, Gigalith, Zebstrika, Pidove, Excadrill, and Munna) I may be forgetting a few.

I also liked the whole seasons mechanic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I liked Gen V because:
- Deeper storyline
- Route 10 music
- Cynthia bonus boss
Was any game legitimately slower than Gen IV's combat? Also, weren't HGSS actually faster too?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you don't need to use your starter past the first few battles

gen 5 best gen, gen 4 close second (pacing kills it for me)
I know you don't need to

and gen 5 was the first and only gen I didn't

It just made me care about it less

Pokemon company/ gamefreak/ whatever said they spend a lot of time developing the starter pokemon

and if they fail at something they spend a lot of time working on, how good could anything else in it be

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only Pokemon games that interest me are the Mystery Dungeon games (excluding the 3DS version). I never found Pokemon that appealing. I quit halfway through Black and only dabbled with my brother's copy of Platnium.
Agreed x9000.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It's sad because I really wanted to get into it. I like all of the Pokemon creatures themselves, but I can't become interested in an actual Pokemon game to save my life.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I always thought that Route 113's music from Gen 3 was way better than the music in Gen V's Route 10.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit? Shadow?

PFFFFFF...

Have a dose of maximum edge. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

http://youtu.be/qV3PhvCf_Jg - "Hatred" video game trailer
(Warning: Not suited for everyone. Watch at your own discretion.)

"My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do ... I just ****in' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom