• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was hoping for Takamaru to be playable, he's the only AT.

I'm still going to be throwing support for Rayman as DLC since he's just a trophy.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Playable or not, I think we might finally see Ridley's role on Friday. Once Smash releases in Japan there would be no reason to tease him any longer, so he might as well show him off.

Assuming Ridley's not playable though... I think Bowser Jr. is most likely to be revealed.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Apparently in the Treehouse Stream we're getting a Newcomer.
Place your bets, a Leaked Character (DHD, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, ect.) or someone we have yet to see (Ridley).
If we see another Smash character, it'll probably be someone we've already seen in the leak. If I had to guess, maybe Bowser Jr. I do think there's a good chance we still have a couple characters we haven't seen yet. I just think we'll have to wait a little longer for them to be shown. Which is why the super insane Japanese players will do there damn best to get all the character info.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Showing Dark Pit would be a huge anti-climax shortly before release and I don't think Sakurai wants to show DHD before release. So I think it's either Bowser Jr or another newcomer, if it's true we're gonna see one Friday.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Bee Bite on my right arm from yesterday still hurts
atleast the swelling's gone

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
So I had a batch of strange dreams last night.
All tied to Smash Bros.

The first one I remember was a surfing race in a cave (or at least that's what it turned into) with a whole bunch of Smash Bros. characters, with @ OsirisOda OsirisOda as my partner.

The second one had me exploring a town with some other random people. Supposedly I needed to find where Dr. Mario lived because he had secrets he wanted to share.

Segment three, apparently Nintendo was to reveal a new character live. So I went to a place where every character in Smash Bros. was gathered in an assembly to watch the reveal.
Throughout the dream I was trying to get Lucina's attention.

For some reason, Marth was particularly fond of harming her, so when I saw the Fire Emblem characters together at the assembly, I proceeded to greet Marth with a punch to the face. Then I looked to Lucina and said "It's going to be alright :4robinm:" and Robin looked to me and grinned.
VERY late on replying, but clearly your dream can only mean one thing.
# @ Kenith Kenith For Smash # @ OsirisOda OsirisOda For Smash #CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been spending some weeks working on some movesets for a Sega Fighter since the late summer. The only ones I have fully finished is Beat (Jet Set Radio) and Amigo (Samba de Amigo) with Ulala's (Space Channel 5) still in progress. It's a great thing that I'm starting with the Dreamcast Era characters first since it's my favorite Sega console.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've been spending some weeks working on some movesets for a Sega Fighter since the late summer. The only ones I have fully finished is Beat (Jet Set Radio) and Amigo (Samba de Amigo) with Ulala's (Space Channel 5) still in progress. It's a great thing that I'm starting with the Dreamcast Era characters first since it's my favorite Sega console.
You had me at Beat.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Showing Dark Pit would be a huge anti-climax shortly before release and I don't think Sakurai wants to show DHD before release. So I think it's either Bowser Jr or another newcomer, if it's true we're gonna see one Friday.
There's only one newcomer BIG enough to reveal the day before launch.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I took a nap this morning and had some more vivid dreams.
Among them:

- A video showing Bandana Dee as a Smash 4 newcomer.
- I got modded. I clearly lack an understanding on how the process works, but it happened.
My interface suddenly changed, and I gained the ability to Warn people.

Then I noticed there was a "Slave" button over every user. This, I thought, must be how mods keep certain users as their pets.
I checked the PM that was sent to me to approve the change and the message said I was "nominated" to be a mod by @ Gunla Gunla .

That was the point where I thought, okay, this is bull****.
And woke up.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Changed avatar to western waifu only again

Yes people, I know I'm the one who was against avatar presumers and waifus; the days I spent here ruined my sanity, thank you very much

Soul.

So Diancie's Mega Stone is called the "Diancite." Lol. inb4 Diancie is still meh even if it Mega Evolves.
There's only one "BIG" newcomer? Have we got Ridley disconfirmation Giant DK yet?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The Bee Bite on my right arm from yesterday still hurts
atleast the swelling's gone
I've never been crazy enough to anger a bee/wasp/hornet. May I ask what it felt like the moment it stung you?

(Ain't no sadist, I've always been curious.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You had me at Beat.
Since a fellow Jet Set Radio fan like you had your interest piqued, then let me show you what moves I've given him in spoiler form.

Playstyle: Beat is a character that has only good combo potential when he is airborne and gains momentum by skating. The faster he moves, the more likely he will be to chain some quick combos and deal deadlier hits. Main downside with his character is that attacks involving his arms will be weaker compared to attacks with his skate wearing limbs. His trusty spray-paint can easily slow down opponents one they are exposed to the rudie’s killer sprays.

Neutral Combo: Beat punches with his right hand, kicks his right foot into the air, tehn slams it onto the ground.

Side Attack: Beat does a swift roundhouse kick.

Up Attack: He swipes his spray-paint can over his head.

Down Attack: He sprays his spray-paint can below himself.

Dash Attack: He does a sideways “grind” to ram his foes in a stylish pose.

Heavy Forward Attack: Beat revs up the skates on his right foot and kicks forward, with the spinning wheels on the skate dealing extra damage.

Heavy Upwards Attack: Beat does a handstand to deal two upwards kicks with both legs.

Heavy Downward Attack: Beat prepares a ready stance, then uses his skates to spin around in a circle with his body completely crouched.

Neutral Aerial: He does a wide split kick with both legs. (A great combo executer)

Forward Aerial: He does a few spin kicks with his left leg.

Backward Aerial: Beat does a quick trick that allows him to deal a backwards kick.

Up Aerial: Beat executes an upwards kick with both legs at the same time.

Down Aerial: Beat raises his legs behind him and swings them both downwards. (Great for spiking at the end of combos).

Grab: He reaches out with his right arm.

Pummel: He sprays his foe with the free hand available.

Forward Throw: Beat kicks his foe away with his right leg.

Backward Throw: He leapfrog hops over his foe and kicks them away before landing.

Downward Throw: Beat leaps above his foe to layer them with dual spray-paint cans before landing on them in a few seconds.

Upward Throw: He tosses his foe up before soccer ball spiking them with his right knee.

Neutral Special: Graffiti Spray
Beat pulls out his trademark spray-paint can and sprays a cloud of yellow paint. Anyone hit by the paint will have their movements slowed down momentarily afterwards. The attack can be held and it’s a great way to hold your foe in place.

Side Special: Skating Frenzy
Beat gets into a runner’s pose and goes into a mad skating dash with blue sparks emitting from his skates. In this state, he can jump into a faster state that can be used for guarantee combos or do a longer jump for recovery. It can also be used to outright ram opponents like a fast paced battering ram.

Up Special: Spin Jump
Based on the maneuver from Sega Superstars Tennis intro, Beat does a powerful jump that causes himself to spin rapidly while rising. It has great vertical recovery, but poor horizontal recover due to lack of aiming.

Down Special: Breakdance
The red headed rudie executes a series of funky breakdance moves by dealing spinning kicks with his trademark skates. At the end of the move, he kicks the trapped opponent into the air (which is a great star to for executing an aerial combo against him/her.).

All Star Move: Jet Set Radio
Bat does a few funky dance moves before shouting “G.G.’s, do your thing!”, which is where his rudie friends come out to play. Cube, Corn, Boogie, and Combo appears to skate around the stage and harass their leader’s enemies in the most humiliating way possible. They would do attacks like spraying the ground (which leaves behind Jet Set Radio graffiti to slow down foes), deal tricks (aerial attacks) to attack their foes from above), or directly spray their foes to damage them (without the slowdown gimmick that Bat’s NSpecial already has). Beat can still wreak havoc on the stage in the All Star State with his friends until the part stops in 10-12 seconds. In the end, everyone would disappear in puffs of spray paint while Bat says “Thanks for the help, friends!”.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I took a nap this morning and had some more vivid dreams.
Among them:
Then I noticed there was a "Slave" button over every user. This, I thought, must be how mods keep certain users as their pets.
And woke up.

You can have this gif as my response to this.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Since a fellow Jet Set Radio fan like you had your interest piqued, then let me show you what moves I've given him in spoiler form.

Playstyle: Beat is a character that has only good combo potential when he is airborne and gains momentum by skating. The faster he moves, the more likely he will be to chain some quick combos and deal deadlier hits. Main downside with his character is that attacks involving his arms will be weaker compared to attacks with his skate wearing limbs. His trusty spray-paint can easily slow down opponents one they are exposed to the rudie’s killer sprays.

Neutral Combo: Beat punches with his right hand, kicks his right foot into the air, tehn slams it onto the ground.

Side Attack: Beat does a swift roundhouse kick.

Up Attack: He swipes his spray-paint can over his head.

Down Attack: He sprays his spray-paint can below himself.

Dash Attack: He does a sideways “grind” to ram his foes in a stylish pose.

Heavy Forward Attack: Beat revs up the skates on his right foot and kicks forward, with the spinning wheels on the skate dealing extra damage.

Heavy Upwards Attack: Beat does a handstand to deal two upwards kicks with both legs.

Heavy Downward Attack: Beat prepares a ready stance, then uses his skates to spin around in a circle with his body completely crouched.

Neutral Aerial: He does a wide split kick with both legs. (A great combo executer)

Forward Aerial: He does a few spin kicks with his left leg.

Backward Aerial: Beat does a quick trick that allows him to deal a backwards kick.

Up Aerial: Beat executes an upwards kick with both legs at the same time.

Down Aerial: Beat raises his legs behind him and swings them both downwards. (Great for spiking at the end of combos).

Grab: He reaches out with his right arm.

Pummel: He sprays his foe with the free hand available.

Forward Throw: Beat kicks his foe away with his right leg.

Backward Throw: He leapfrog hops over his foe and kicks them away before landing.

Downward Throw: Beat leaps above his foe to layer them with dual spray-paint cans before landing on them in a few seconds.

Upward Throw: He tosses his foe up before soccer ball spiking them with his right knee.

Neutral Special: Graffiti Spray
Beat pulls out his trademark spray-paint can and sprays a cloud of yellow paint. Anyone hit by the paint will have their movements slowed down momentarily afterwards. The attack can be held and it’s a great way to hold your foe in place.

Side Special: Skating Frenzy
Beat gets into a runner’s pose and goes into a mad skating dash with blue sparks emitting from his skates. In this state, he can jump into a faster state that can be used for guarantee combos or do a longer jump for recovery. It can also be used to outright ram opponents like a fast paced battering ram.

Up Special: Spin Jump
Based on the maneuver from Sega Superstars Tennis intro, Beat does a powerful jump that causes himself to spin rapidly while rising. It has great vertical recovery, but poor horizontal recover due to lack of aiming.

Down Special: Breakdance
The red headed rudie executes a series of funky breakdance moves by dealing spinning kicks with his trademark skates. At the end of the move, he kicks the trapped opponent into the air (which is a great star to for executing an aerial combo against him/her.).

All Star Move: Jet Set Radio
Bat does a few funky dance moves before shouting “G.G.’s, do your thing!”, which is where his rudie friends come out to play. Cube, Corn, Boogie, and Combo appears to skate around the stage and harass their leader’s enemies in the most humiliating way possible. They would do attacks like spraying the ground (which leaves behind Jet Set Radio graffiti to slow down foes), deal tricks (aerial attacks) to attack their foes from above), or directly spray their foes to damage them (without the slowdown gimmick that Bat’s NSpecial already has). Beat can still wreak havoc on the stage in the All Star State with his friends until the part stops in 10-12 seconds. In the end, everyone would disappear in puffs of spray paint while Bat says “Thanks for the help, friends!”.
Solid moveset. One of the perks of having a Jet Set character in would be the awesome music. But one can only dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom