• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Its so stupid when people taunt in for glory I really wish it was disabled or something IMO. Either way, I faced this guy who beat my Duck Hunt (who I'm not good with but just practicing with) as Link and proceeded to taunt. Then I switched to RosaLuma and beat his Mega Man, 2 stocked his Little Mac, and then decimated his Link all while taunting every time he lost :)

Also while I was playing against his Mega Man he thought I SD'd. He then proceeded to taunt while I recovered and got hit by my ledge attack :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its so stupid when people taunt in for glory I really wish it was disabled or something IMO. Either way, I faced this guy who beat my Duck Hunt (who I'm not good with but just practicing with) as Link and proceeded to taunt. Then I switched to RosaLuma and beat his Mega Man, 2 stocked his Little Mac, and then decimated his Link all while taunting every time he lost :)

Also while I was playing against Mega Man he thought I SD'd. He then proceeded to taunt while I recovered and got hit by my ledge attack :secretkpop:
So you turned into the thing you hate when taunting eveytime he lost?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Also while I was playing against Mega Man he thought I SD'd. He then proceeded to taunt while I recovered and got hit by my ledge attack :secretkpop:
I taunt in the beginning with :4falcon: before I either:
A) Stomp scrubs
B) Get the PAWNCH beaten out of me

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just beat Master Fortress on 9.0!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I beat the first two scenarios in Hyrule Warriors. The games seems kinda eh so far, and Impa's buster sword is ridiculous. I'm hoping things will get a bit more strategic as I go along; the base mechanic has as-of-yet untapped potential.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's called a taunt for a reason buster. It's whole intent is to rustle your jimmies.
And the jimmies were rustled hard
Basically :troll:

I like giving people a taste of their own medicine.
Not sure how that would make you feel better but alright. All I know is the taunt did its job if you got mad.

D

Deleted member

Best taunt is holding :GCA: with Shulk.

Or Back Slash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So I beat the first two scenarios in Hyrule Warriors. The games seems kinda eh so far, and Impa's buster sword is ridiculous. I'm hoping things will get a bit more strategic as I go along; the base mechanic has as-of-yet untapped potential.
Well its like the Warriors games. Those games were all hack and slash. If one of those had strategic moments then I missed it.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So why don't you main :4drmario:?

inb4 @ Bedoop Bedoop
Because his medicine doesn't kill as much as Luma does :awesome:

And the jimmies were rustled hard

Not sure how that would make you feel better but alright. All I know is the taunt did its job if you got mad.
I only start taunting if they do. Its a horrible habit and I always tell myself to stop only because it leaves me open and I've hit people in mid taunt and can only hope it doesn't happen to me someday.

Also it's still stupid. I'm still haunted by taunting parties back in Brawl.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well its like the Warriors games. Those games were all hack and slash. If one of those had strategic moments then I missed it.
Well I do see value in hack and slash then, but I hope it picks up in difficulty. The only time I lost hearts was in a battle with Wizzro, and even then there still wasn't much trouble.

As for taunting in Smash: I generally don't do it very often because I'm doing something else (i.e. charging Samus's or Pac-Man's Nspec, or in PM placing mines as Snake or using Offense Up as Lucas. Yes, this means taunting with Palutena is fair game).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well I do see value in hack and slash then, but I hope it picks up in difficulty. The only time I lost hearts was in a battle with Wizzro, and even then there still wasn't much trouble.
There is a difficulty setting. Turn that up and you will have a hard time if thats what you want

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I only start taunting if they do. Its a horrible habit and I always tell myself to stop only because it leaves me open and I've hit people in mid taunt and can only hope it doesn't happen to me someday.

Well your lucky taunt parties dont exist anymore but a taunt is meant to fluster you so once you get mad about them taunting then the opponent did a good job XD. I normally ignore taunting

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well your lucky taunt parties dont exist anymore but a taunt is meant to fluster you so once you get mad about them taunting then the opponent did a good job XD. I normally ignore taunting
Yeah I have no patience and I get really into it...

Oh, good. LET'S GET SERIOUS.

...tomorrow, I'm tired right now
Idk if this is really huge spoilers or not but when you beat the game an additional difficulty gets unlocked. I'm too scared to even try it I'm not confident enough in my Hyrule Warriors skills haha.

Pleasekilme

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Can we all agree that the mods on Smashboards are worse than gamefaqs mods?

Soul.

Because his medicine doesn't kill as much as Luma does :awesome:

Taunting: For Glory in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom