• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I take it you can't Wonder Trade with X/Y players? But really good, reminds me of the time I WT'ed a lot of good IV Iron Fist Chimchars with Ice and Thunder Punch away. Good times, good times.
Oh you can, wonder trade from X/Y also connects to ORAS players. I dont have the ORAS games so Im just breeding Bullet punch, agility and Vacuum wave Riolus and giving them away. So lots of ORAS players now have a Riolu before even getting their first badge.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh you can, wonder trade from X/Y also connects to ORAS players. I dont have the ORAS games so Im just breeding Bullet punch, agility and Vacuum wave Riolus and giving them away. So lots of ORAS players now have a Riolu before even getting their first badge.
It's just unfortunate, like @elusiveTranscendent said, many people won't understand the significance of it. Little children will probably let them forget some moves and others will put it in the box because 'it won't evolve'.
I really should start a breeding project too, maybe Adaptability Skrelp? It's special because it used to be unobtainable without cheating.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It's just unfortunate, like @elusiveTranscendent said, many people won't understand the significance of it. Little children will probably let them forget some moves and others will put it in the box because 'it won't evolve'.
I really should start a breeding project too, maybe Adaptability Skrelp? It's special because it used to be unobtainable without cheating.
Yeah I know, but thats why Im sending a ton of them out! So I have a better chance of getting them to someone who does understand them. Also it gets me craptons of pokemiles at least.

*And Im also willing to give them away to other users here as well! Super training included too!

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So! With that all said! Who wants an awesome Riolu? I got Riolus for days here.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Do people need Pokemon with good IVs to play through the game? I haven't even decided on what Pokemon I'm going to catch lol, I'll just go with the flow and whatever good 'mons I come across I'll catch. Heck I don't even wait to get the right abilities, although that time I caught and used an Inkay then evolved it into Malamar only to then find out it had suction cups still haunts me to this day...

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Do people need Pokemon with good IVs to play through the game? I haven't even decided on what Pokemon I'm going to catch lol, I'll just go with the flow and whatever good 'mons I come across I'll catch. Heck I don't even wait to get the right abilities, although that time I caught and used an Inkay then evolved it into Malamar only to then find out it had suction cups still haunts me to this day...
Well no, but having good IVs, EVs and natures lets you avoid the situations of "I like this pokemon but it can barely pull its weight against another pokemon that is at a lower level unless its a type advantage" and those situations suck.

*And since this is the age of super training, it lets you save time by letting you have a online ready pokemon from the get go.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
8 kills in Cruel Smash? Who thought of these Challenges?
I think Shulk is the bst character for it though. Excellent Counter, Smash Arts, and huge range on his f-smash. I got two kills with him before being hit with five Smash attacks at once and flying off with 150%.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anybody else I should add before I turn off my WiiU?
Good, okay.
The wait is killing me, Game-Stop says they have it in stock, but it's always something.
They open at 10, and the wait is killing me.
Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 8.07.35 AM.png

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
8 kills in Cruel Smash? Who thought of these Challenges?
I think Shulk is the best character for it though. Excellent Counter, Smash Arts, and huge range on his f-smash. I got two kills with him before being hit with five Smash attacks at once and flying off with 150%.
One of the challenges also says to get 8 kills in Cruel Smash with Lucina.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Another thing about my Smash U time
I'm forced to leave the game alone until my Sister is up and wants to play
I'm not allowed to do challenges unless my Sister is watching
Whenever I unlocked something accidentally (Dark Pit and R.O.B. are good examples) my Sister gets extremely miffed and remarks "How come YOU get to unlock everything" and in my head I'm just like "YOU ALREADY UNLOCKED IT YOURSELF, YOU HAVE THE 3DS VERSION WITH ALL THE CHALLENGES COMPLETED, YA DINGUS!:mad:"
And whenever we play Online together my Sister keeps pressuring me to be Kirby just because I'm good at him and I keep thinking "Why can't I play Dr. Mario or Sonic or Villager? Instead you keep nagging me to play Kirby or Duck Hunt JUST BECAUSE WE'RE ONLINE. CALM DOWN!"

Not the most enjoyable Smash experience. :(

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Usually having a type advantage is enough to get you through the game, I can't think of a Pokemon game where I needed specific EVs/IVs just to get through part of the story. I think it's good, because you can basically catch anything you run into along the way, and you'll be fine as long as you have a decent battle strategy (which against the AI just means knowing your type match-up).

You know, I think it would be cool if they released a Pokemon game that didn't tell you what the next Pokemon your opponent was sending out would be. Though, I guess that wouldn't really serve a purpose since the whole reason the other Pokemon is called out first is so you can adapt your own strategy, so maybe it would take away from the depth of the game if that happened.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whenever I unlocked something accidentally (Dark Pit and R.O.B. are good examples) my Sister gets extremely miffed and remarks "How come YOU get to unlock everything" and in my head I'm just like "YOU ALREADY UNLOCKED IT YOURSELF, YOU HAVE THE 3DS VERSION WITH ALL THE CHALLENGES COMPLETED, YA DINGUS!:mad:"
And whenever we play Online together my Sister keeps pressuring me to be Kirby just because I'm good at him and I keep thinking "Why can't I play Dr. Mario or Sonic or Villager? Instead you keep nagging me to play Kirby or Duck Hunt JUST BECAUSE WE'RE ONLINE. CALM DOWN!"

Just say "**** you, this my game, **** off and go back to sleep" Works for me
Also she sound like a child... a piss poor baby child

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Is she older than you? I'm lost

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
8 Player Smash
Great Cave Offensive Only
Invisible
Mini
Ganon Only
300%
99 Stock
20 Minutes
Only bomb items
Fixed Camera
Just think about it.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

First of all, that sounds terrible and I feel for you.

Secondly, I never understood why siblings are forced to do things together. In my family it just creates conflict. There's nothing wrong with needing personal space or wanting to do something on your own, so I don't get why parents force their kids into situations where that tension or resentment is going to be more likely.

Finally, if your sister already unlocked everything on the 3DS and just wants to see it in HD or something, tell her to go find videos of those things on Youtube, since LPers love to post stuff like that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Is she older than you? I'm lost
If she is older them him, How dare he let her take advantage of her and is she is younger how dare he let her take advantage of her. If she is young punish her by..... Doing ALL the challenges
8 Player Smash
Great Cave Offensive Only
Invisible
Mini
Ganon Only
300%
99 Stock
20 Minutes
Only bomb items
Fixed Camera
Just think about it.
Thanks for that idea Except it will be Villager Only

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Gotta write this down for when I have some people over to Smash on Friday.
Ill probably just get a pro controller seeing how the GC adapter is unfindable in my area. my sister, who is 5 years older them me might want to play with me, only if she wants though but its best be ready if she does. she did play Melee with me befor

On a side note..... I think Im starting to crush on Shulk... Im a sucker for British accents

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember playing Melee and Brawl with my brother and unlocking stuff together and giving no ****s about who unlocked what.

Last I checked, Smash is a multiplayer game.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I remember playing Melee and Brawl with my brother and unlocking stuff together and giving no ****s about who unlocked what.

Last I checked, Smash is a multiplayer game.
Thats the old days man, today its Super smash Dictators!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just watched a Little Mac punch through a G&W's Level 9 Judgement Hammer.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
My brother and I never cared about who unlocked what too.

Only during single-player games we didn't allow the other to go past a point the sibling who owned the game didn't reach yet.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the European version, the Wii Fit Trainers have British accents, being voiced by British voice actors.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I have siblings, but if they get uppity I always pull the "I PAID FOR IT" card.
Works every time.
On the second hand
WHY DOES LIL MAC HAVE THAT MUCH ARMOR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom