• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I think I don't get you right there. I thought the problem was that kids can play with amiibos because they are 6+ while smash is 12+, making the amiibos redundant.
You get me right. For their intended purpose of being used with Smash. Nintendo didn't say once that little kids can play them without smash. Possible but not nintendo's target audience.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You get me right. For their intended purpose of being used with Smash. Nintendo didn't say once that little kids can play them without smash. Possible but not nintendo's target audience.
But amiibos can be used in other games. The intention on Ninty side was always there. It would be pretty shortsighted to make them 12+ as well and they obviously cannot lower the smash rating.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I unlock all of :4marth:'s,:4littlemac:'s,:4pit:'s, and :4bowserjr:'s custom moves!
Though seriously, how do you get alt. trophies? (Note that I don't have the game yet)

the8thark

Smash Lord
But amiibos can be used in other games. The intention on Ninty side was always there. It would be pretty shortsighted to make them 12+ as well and they obviously cannot lower the smash rating.
Well a 6 year old could use them with MK8. That's about it now.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Too busy playing Advance Warfare and Far Cry 4 to do anything productive today...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hello friends, I am back.
Me & My Older Sis (Whom I'm somehow taller than them now) played lots of Smash U together~
We played lots of Classic, some Events, Target Blast, Unlocked All the Characters (And all but 3 Stages, being Flat Zone X, Pokemon Stadium 2 and PAC-LAND) and even played Online Together (THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI FOR THAT)
Sadly I can't play Smash U by myself because my sister will freak out (I have no idea why) so I can't Settle it in Smash with anyone yet. :U

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
And now I am very suspicious.
Just 3 Trophies from a Third-Party that isn't even respresented in Smash, aside from said Trophies.
Makes me think that Rayman was planned to be Playable, maybe with Globox as an Assist Trophy. :\
Does anyone else smell DLC here?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I would have suspected that, but Nintendo's statement doesn't give me hope.
Ninty "changes" their mind pretty often. I also think they generally say that things don't happen to have a fail-safe.
While you are of course not wrong, one should never give up hope :drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For the longest time I've been trying to avoid Amiibos, but I'm actually considering getting one. Specifically Marth.
His uncanny valley is just too good to pass over.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I noticed we had a troll around these parts a few pages ago. He seemed friendly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Out of curiosity, does Dark Pit have a secret Smash Taunt on Palutena's Temple? I'd assume no, but considering he was meant to be an alt for Pit...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I wish Mr.L was an alt for Luigi for pastas sake.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Disney Interactive could have made a Smash Bros. like game:

Granted it would hve flopped harder than Catoon Network's Punch Time Explosion but I would have bought it anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom