• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm trying to unlock Game & Watch and he got two 9s on me.
In a row.
This game.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I had a friend trade me a level one froakie for the beginning of Alpha Sapphire. Two water starters goooo!

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I haven't posted in a while. Why?

Have some super early impressions:

• Smash mode is as fun as ever. Not really anything to say here, given that the 3DS version is already out. It's really lame that you can't directly select customs from the CSS though, especially since you could in the 3DS version.
  • It's much easier to keep track of myself in 8-Player Smash than I thought. great Cave Offensive is fun.
  • Classic Mode is shorter than I'd like, though that may be a blessing in disguise considering how many characters there are.
  • Special Orders is neat, especially Crazy Orders... except that the fist match I did was a Team Battle with Yoshi on my side and Yoshi SD'd almost immediately. :yoshi:
  • Target Blast is still pretty lame.
  • Stage Builder is all over the place. Freeform drawing is awesome, but there aren't nearly enough special parts. The restrictive weight limit and inability to make walls continue to the upper blast zone aren't doing it any favors either.
Haven't tried online yet, so not sure how well it runs.

I'm loving this game so far. In a strange and deeply personal way

D

Deleted member

Special Orders is neat, especially Crazy Orders... except that the fist match I did was a Team Battle with Yoshi on my side and Yoshi SD'd almost immediately. :yoshi:
The AI in Crazy Orders tends to go from "Okay" to "PUNCH ME IN THE FACE PLS."
Haven't tried online yet, so not sure how well it runs.
It runs fantastic in my experience, way better than the 3DS. Out of 20 something matches only 1 of them was laggy, every other one ran smoothly.

D

Deleted member

The thing that sold me on the GameCube Adapter is not that it allows use of the GameCube Controller (I could adapt to Pro Controller if I needed too) but that it's cheaper to buy the adapter for $20 and then use the controllers I already have. Cheaper than buying the Pro Controller for $50 and I save my money by not buying the Smash Controller.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Nah I'm not jealous lol. I just think the GCN controller is pointless. Opinions. :troll:
I understand where you're coming from. I always take a "play like you want" approach. I got too used to the 3DS controls so I haven't changed the controls for the gamecube one. The pro controller works amazingly too. But everybody knows the wiimote is the way to go ;D

D

Deleted member

I understand where you're coming from. I always take a "play like you want" approach. I got too used to the 3DS controls so I haven't changed the controls for the gamecube one. The pro controller works amazingly too. But everybody knows the wiimote is the way to go ;D
Wiimote + nunchuck or sideways Wiimote?

I can't play Wiichuck to save my life, but sideways Wiimote used to be my preferred controller.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Huh. I just realized I set my Birthday to the wrong date...I better fix that...

So far I've been using the GCN contorller that came with the bundle. Is anyone having any luck on completing the event match reward requirements? Those constraints can be a pain when playing on hard.

Soul.

Yeah, the Wii U Pro Controller is great. It's a pretty good one lol.

D

Deleted member

Huh. I just realized I set my Birthday to the wrong date...I better fix that...

So far I've been using the GCN contorller that came with the bundle. Is anyone having any luck on completing the event match reward requirements? Those constraints can be a pain when playing on hard.
I haven't done to many events, but the 7650 event gave me a lot of trouble. I was stuck on that one for 5 minutes at least. I had couldn't even beat it on normal, and then I upped the difficulty to hard because of the reward.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If you've been playing smash since melee, of course GCC is the best option, it is for me. Though im using both since the adaptor hasnt come yet, the wii u pro is good, but the extra triggers and the c-stick being up there is odd, however its doable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only reason I even bought the bundle is because I didn't actually have any functioning GC controllers.
I haven't done to many events, but the 7650 event gave me a lot of trouble. I was stuck on that one for 5 minutes at least. I had couldn't even beat it on normal, and then I upped the difficulty to hard because of the reward.
I beat that one on my first try, and on hard to boot. I didn't find it that hard, just get 2 of the Olimars offstage and go to town.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I'm probably just oblivious + tired here, but is there any easy way to get straight lines in Stage Builder?

I'm a really big spazz and I have really shaky hands when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I beat that one on my first try, and on hard to boot. I didn't find it that hard, just get 2 of the Olimars offstage and go to town.
Once I got them of stage it wasn't too bad, but the problem was I would miss and then I wouldn't have enough time to get past 1600. Every time.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Yeah, the Wii U Pro Controller is great. It's a pretty good one lol.
I wanna see more people use the pro controller as well as the GC one. I used the classic controller for brawl when i didn't have a working gc controller and it worked pretty well for me.

D

Deleted member

I plan to buy a pro controller at some point, but I need to give my wallet a rest. I just spent almost $90 on Madoka, bought the GC adapter and Smash U all within the span of 2 weeks. And the holidays are coming. -__-

Last edited by a moderator:

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
i want to play with the wii u gamepad because the screen is easier (for me) to see, but the smash stick is at the very top and i am getting so annoyed x_x

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Wii-U Pro is one of the worst controllers I have ever had the displeasure of using. It is so uncomfortable. Only thing worse is the Wiimote but at least that has a Classic Controller Pro that can be connected to it.

Last edited:

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
I also need to invest in a GC/Pro controller. The gamepad just doesn't cut it online. For casual matches it's fine though.

Also, in the first time in.....ever, I think I'm switching mains. I've been using CFalc since the 64 days, but I'm just having way more success with Dedede. I think I'm just better with him. Which kind of sucks, because Falcon is an absolute blast to play with. :/

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Since I couldn't get a GC adapter and I don't have Pro or Classic controllers, I've been using the Gamepad for Smash. It's actually not been too bad now that I've been at it for awhile, plus I like the handheld-y feel of it. Also, I can use it for off-screen play if the TV is being used without having to set it up on a stand somewhere

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Since I couldn't get a GC adapter and I don't have Pro or Classic controllers, I've been using the Gamepad for Smash. It's actually not been too bad now that I've been at it for awhile, plus I like the handheld-y feel of it. Also, I can use it for off-screen play if the TV is being used without having to set it up on a stand somewhere
Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. When I was playing offline with my brother it felt really good. But when I want to play For Glory, it just doesn't cut it for me. I need the GC controller and adapter. But money. :urg:

Didnt the 50 facts include Tourney? (Offline like brawl) Where is it?
Pretty sure it's getting added in later on. Not sure when though.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After 4 hours of searching in stores, I finally found Omega Ruby.
I start my game and select my starter; Treecko....Modest Nature on the first try
mfw

SonicN64

Banned via Warnings
Hdhdhdhscgsidhhsuchhzjchbsjdfhjzfbjdhfjsbchchsfsjhsjvjdfhjdbfhsnbdjdhcbsjfhbddkgksdhkdhfjdbdjffhkshfbd im so horny.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I need the GC controller and adapter. But money. :urg:
I wish that was my problem, I've got the money to pay for an adapter. But my city has run out, which is nuts. Especially because each store only got 2 to 4 adapters in the first place, which makes no sense at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's all the cast so far in a funky looking poster

FNaF Poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom