• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The Japanese and others need to feel for the Australians. Our games are released here constantly late and over priced. We have it rather bad here.
I do feel bad for the Australians, I've felt bad ever since I found out that they normally get their games months, sometimes a year after the releases in other countries.
However, the country I feel worst for is South Korea. I once visited South Korea in 2010, and I saw a commercial on tv. It was for Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. We later went to a Nintendo store, and they had Ds' with MKDS in them, for demo.
One quick search later, I found out that in S.Korea MKDS came out in 2007, and PiT was released in 2010.
Both of these games came out in 2005.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I do feel bad for the Australians, I've felt bad ever since I found out that they normally get their games months, sometimes a year after the releases in other countries.
However, the country I feel worst for is South Korea. I once visited South Korea in 2010, and I saw a commercial on tv. It was for Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. We later went to a Nintendo store, and they had Ds' with MKDS in them, for demo.
One quick search later, I found out that in S.Korea MKDS came out in 2007, and PiT was released in 2010.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
The Japanese and others need to feel for the Australians. Our games are released here constantly late and over priced. We have it rather bad here.
I agree we get games over priced but we don't really get games late anymore its usually a day after Europe which i believe is because of time zones.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If both Knucks and Lyn get trashed because of 'hurt fellings', I will pretty much have no reason to try Project M since new characters is the only reason Im even remotely interested in it.
I'm loving 3.5 for All-Star, the new Stamina and the tweaked Turbo Modes alongside the Event Matches and SSE, but I already cleared the Events and I can't play through all of SSE because the game freezes on me at the stage where you get Captain Falcon and are about to fight Shadow Bugs on the Smash Skiff with him, Olimar and the Dongs. I'm enjoying the other stuff, but I was also really looking forward to the new characters and Sami was a big one for me. I can't believe they got butthurt and scrapped her. She would've been so interesting. Is this actually confirmed anywhere?

If we lost Knux and Lyn too, that may just kill my interest in PM again when 3.5 JUST won it back.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
South Korea is mostly MMO and mobile gaming IIRC. Galaxy 1 released there a couple of months after the rest got it, though, so the delay is probably just for some games.

I'm loving 3.5 for All-Star, the new Stamina and the tweaked Turbo Modes alongside the Event Matches and SSE, but I already cleared the Events and I can't play through all of SSE because the game freezes on me at the stage where you get Captain Falcon and are about to fight Shadow Bugs on the Smash Skiff with him, Olimar and the Dongs. I'm enjoying the other stuff, but I was also really looking forward to the new characters and Sami was a big one for me. I can't believe they got butthurt and scrapped her. She would've been so interesting. Is this actually confirmed anywhere?

If we lost Knux and Lyn too, that may just kill my interest in PM again when 3.5 JUST won it back.
I agree. Sami is the only reason why I was interested in Project M in the first place.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Wait what?

Can I get a source of them having actually deleted Sami because of that one leak a while back? Cause this is the first time I've heard of Sami being deleted because of that, or being deleted at all.
Sorry, heard it from another user in this thread and didnt do much other investigation work since, again, wasnt much interested untill Knucks came along.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
South Korea is mostly MMO and mobile gaming IIRC. Galaxy 1 released there a couple of months after the rest got it, though, so the delay is probably just for some games.
I know, but still, 5 years is a long time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sorry, heard it from another user in this thread and didnt do much other investigation work since, again, wasnt much interested untill Knucks came along.
I'll keep a little hope alive then.

In the mean time, enjoy this old pic of mine I just found floating around. XD

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So Smash 4 is AMAZING, so worth the shenanigans I had to go through to get it. I waited for almost an hour outside walmart, by 7 there were only about 10ish people there. So they open the doors up, and there's no Smash. Like, anywhere. I overheard an employee explaining to some dude something along the lines of "we only ordered a few copies and those are not available at the moment", to which his response was "yeah yeah, that sounds magical, but..." after that I had to walk a few isles over before I burst out laughing. So I left, ended up going to a different walmart, and they had like 7 copies there so I was all like "heh heh, score". I also bought a yoshi amiibo that I haven't opened yet. I forget if they need in-game "names" but if that's the case I'm calling it Piccolo.

The only downside to all this is that I couldn't find a Gamecube adapter, which kinda bums me out as the Gamepad control set-up is not what I'm used to, no matter how much I change it around. So, now the plan is scour the city for at least one adapter (preferably two) and possibly buy 4 gamecube controllers if I do manage to find a second one. That said, I'll still put in the time to master the gamepad/pro controller layout, as I'm sure it'll just take some time and practice to adjust my Smash style to that configuration.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So Smash 4 is AMAZING, so worth the shenanigans I had to go through to get it. I waited for almost an hour outside walmart, by 7 there were only about 10ish people there. So they open the doors up, and there's no Smash. Like, anywhere. I overheard an employee explaining to some dude something along the lines of "we only ordered a few copies and those are not available at the moment", to which his response was "yeah yeah, that sounds magical, but..." after that I had to walk a few isles over before I burst out laughing. So I left, ended up going to a different walmart, and they had like 7 copies there so I was all like "heh heh, score". I also bought a yoshi amiibo that I haven't opened yet. I forget if they need in-game "names" but if that's the case I'm calling it Piccolo.

The only downside to all this is that I couldn't find a Gamecube adapter, which kinda bums me out as the Gamepad control set-up is not what I'm used to, no matter how much I change it around. So, now the plan is scour the city for at least one adapter (preferably two) and possibly buy 4 gamecube controllers if I do manage to find a second one. That said, I'll still put in the time to master the gamepad/pro controller layout, as I'm sure it'll just take some time and practice to adjust my Smash style to that configuration.
@ Logsmash Logsmash confirmed to be @Saikyoshi

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So Smash U was about to Finish Downloading
THEN THE WII U CRASHED WHILE ME AND MY SISTER WERE PLAYING GUACAMELEE, FORCING THE DOWNLOAD TO RESTART
>:|

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So Smash U was about to Finish Downloading
THEN THE WII U CRASHED WHILE ME AND MY SISTER WERE PLAYING GUACAMELEE, FORCING THE DOWNLOAD TO RESTART
>:|
It's like the world just doesn't want you to get the game.
Keep this in your mind, "It''s gonna take forever to finish downloading." and through the power of reverse psychology...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, anyone who doesn't have that newfangled Wii U version wants to have a few matches against me?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Come on UPS get me my smash. I know you in Edmonton. Hurry you *** up.
I wouldn't trust UPS too well, if I were you.

Mine has more than a 10-hour time frame to get from Nashville, TN to Johnson City, TN. That trip does not take 10 hours. And yet, UPS will be bringing mine on Monday.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So, anyone who doesn't have that newfangled Wii U version wants to have a few matches against me?
If you're still up for it by then, I'll let you beat up on me later. I've gotta do some cleaning first. ¦D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you're still up for it by then, I'll let you beat up on me later. I've gotta do some cleaning first. ¦D
Oh, okay. That's fine.

I'll be up for matches for a while and during the weekend, so if I'm around here, I will very likely be up to play.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wouldn't trust UPS too well, if I were you.

Mine has more than a 10-hour time frame to get from Nashville, TN to Johnson City, TN. That trip does not take 10 hours. And yet, UPS will be bringing mine on Monday.
I always order from Amazon and they are always at my house when i get back at noon. Today i'm off work so I'm hoping it's sooner than that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Arrrr, yo-ho, mateys and all that good s***. Name's Archie the Warchie pirate guy dude. I love the sea. Letter C master race. Water is good, water is life. If there was more water in the world, everyone would happy. Rum is also good. You can never have enough rum. Actually, forget water. We need more rum. If the oceans were made of rum, all the Pokemon and people in the ocean would be constantly breathing and drinking rum and be happy.
Rum makes for so much happy infinite happy. *hic*

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom