• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
My computer is a demi-god.

Bow before demi-god AMD FX-4300 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No problem, I hate Chicken Little, Cars 2, and Home on the Range. i've seen them all once and refuse to see them again for their dreadful stories, characters, and plot.
Hmm, maybe I don't like Disney as much as I thought I did, I hate all those too lol!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It technically DOES have a Sound Program
But it's been disabled because
My Computer (Hardware, Graphics Card, etc.) is a Windows XP.
But it runs Windows 7, meaning ALOT has been sacrificed from the program just to keep this thing running.
I only got 70GB in hardware space and a Graphics Card that can't even run DirectX 3D (Yes, my computer is so bad it can't handle a background program needed to run other programs) or Gang Garrison 2, as well as no sound no matter what I do (headphones and speakers do nothing)
Which is why I really want a new Computer/Laptop that's actually meant to run Windows 7 or 8.
Not a Windows XP that runs Windows 7.

Also, my resolution is 640px width x 480px height.
My computer is that bad.
that's called virtualisation (like, even me on linux it's annoying to do with 6Gb of ram).

Hey, actually, I know it sounds silly, but would your hardware work with linux?

Because one thing you have with it is you get most of the drivers ready to go. it's that smart, but you may have trouble for propritary graphics card driver (they put you an open source driver if you don't want to mess with it and it's decent).

You might just load the live version on cd or usb (it is a lot slow, but I don't think it worths the install for JUST that).

Also, yes linux supports a lot of hardware. Fun fact, I updated my kermel recently and it now supports xbox one controller (which I don't care, but at least it supports).

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I wonder if 15GB included save data allocation...

Anyway, I have it preloaded, and it shouldn't be that bad. It's not like EVERYONE preloaded it plus, they really got the 3ds traffic well, only 15 minutes of crash...
The 3DS download process was pretty frustrating to me. I was even on really good internet, but eShop wasn't loading, super sluggish, and the download stopped several times. I started it at midnight and it wasn't till past 1 AM that it was loaded, but it DID have to load the entire game.

I really do hope it's including save data allocation and it's not quite that much extra to download. I'm on better internet this time, but it seems to be taking forever to pre-load. It hasn't even downloaded 2GB in 40 minutes. That says to me that if there's high activity and the game has 3+GB to download, it could be 1hr30m+ easily to download the rest. Hm..

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
that's called virtualisation (like, even me on linux it's annoying to do with 6Gb of ram).

Hey, actually, I know it sounds silly, but would your hardware work with linux?

Because one thing you have with it is you get most of the drivers ready to go. it's that smart, but you may have trouble for propritary graphics card driver (they put you an open source driver if you don't want to mess with it and it's decent).

You might just load the live version on cd or usb (it is a lot slow, but I don't think it worths the install for JUST that).

Also, yes linux supports a lot of hardware. Fun fact, I updated my kermel recently and it now supports xbox one controller (which I don't care, but at least it supports).
*looks at Computer Brick*
If Linux is compatible with
"DELL
Dimension 1100
Designed for Microsoft Windows XP
intel Celeron D inside"
Then yes, yes it is.
If not, then screw me.
I have no idea what the Graphics Card's exact numbers are (The Brick of Hardware doesn't say) :p

D

Deleted member

It technically DOES have a Sound Program
But it's been disabled because
My Computer (Hardware, Graphics Card, etc.) is a Windows XP.
But it runs Windows 7, meaning ALOT has been sacrificed from the program just to keep this thing running.
I only got 70GB in hardware space and a Graphics Card that can't even run DirectX 3D (Yes, my computer is so bad it can't handle a background program needed to run other programs) or Gang Garrison 2, as well as no sound no matter what I do (headphones and speakers do nothing)
Which is why I really want a new Computer/Laptop that's actually meant to run Windows 7 or 8.
Not a Windows XP that runs Windows 7.

Also, my resolution is 640px width x 480px height.
My computer is that bad.
I actually ran Windows 7 on one of my PCs (it originally ran XP, but it got some virus and I decided to install Windows 7) from 2010 to 2012. It got slow over the years and I reverted back to XP. The thing is even worse now that Windows XP's support has ended and therefore it would be vulnerable to attacks and all that. Meh.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My computer is a demi-god.

Bow before demi-god AMD FX-4300 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR.
Mine is actually decent (and imo, better since I started to use linux mint).

intel core i5 @2.4GHertz
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M (1GB video memory)
Intel HD graphics (yeah, I have an hybride)
6GB RAM DDR III
HDD 540GB (50 is reserved for Windows, rest for Linux minus recoevery)
OS: Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" (I love how they use cute names :) ).

Next week, I'm upgrading to Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" and I can't wait :)

That is enough to run Dolphin decently (55-60 fps).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what I want?
A Yoshi's Island/Story game that sorta functions like Super Paper Mario
You could play the whole game 100% in 2D (like the usual Yoshi norm)
But you could also go 3D (sorta like Banjo-Kazooie) and explore more of the world in detail, but still in a way that you could 100% the game all the same
And there could be some levels that takes advantage of switching between 2D and 3D
Maybe implement the SSB Egg Roll for fast traveling (with an added jump, so no cheap deaths)
That'd be pretty cool, imo.

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
Has anybody else notice how much they buff Ness in the update?I ko someone when they were on 58% with a simple combo.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Dear mother of God/Arceus the IGN Smash review. It's gonna get less than a nine I just know it. And they may even list a more stupid reason than today's review, I'm slightly scared ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom