• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not that I hate anime; it's just my mind and memory doesn't work well with some of it. Some would probably expect me to remember the storyline or the names of most characters, but I feel I can't even do that right. My mind is often complicated, Sorry to say. D:
You might prefer shorter stories, I'd guess.

There are a lot of good anime with just 25 episodes. Short but good, you see.

(Kid Icarus: Uprising is still epic for sure.)
Yeah, KIU is epic.

I think some anime are epic too. =P

And you can't tell me that you can remember KIU's story, but can't remember anime stories!!! :demon: (I'm partially joking... But you gotta admit that I have a point.)

Manga is still better, though. I prefer manga to anime overall, actually.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Quite the predicament we got here with the whole moon speak without the moon runes thing.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There's a reason anime filler exists. Not a fortunate reason, but a reason.

A regulation in Japanese media laws means that if a show doesn't have new episodes at the ready on demand, that show could lose its time slot.

At the same time, though, if they're adapting a manga that's still being written, there's a danger of overtaking it if they go too fast and running out of material to work with (which is why the Garlic Jr. and Otherworld Tournament arcs exist).

So, it's a reliable way to make sure the show can keep airing, but in exchange, it leaves an ugly scar.

Dr.Peace

Smash Rookie
NNID
honestAnarchist
Hey first time to a 'social thread' before just to ask one thing, HOW THE HELL DO PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE COPIES OF THE WII U VERSION?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

A regulation in Japanese media laws means that if a show doesn't have new episodes at the ready on demand, that show could lose its time slot.

At the same time, though, if they're adapting a manga that's still being written, there's a danger of overtaking it if they go too fast and running out of material to work with (which is why the Garlic Jr. and Otherworld Tournament arcs exist).

So, it's a reliable way to make sure the show can keep airing, but in exchange, it leaves an ugly scar.
Which is why I like what Attack on Titan did. They ended the show with a prospect for a second season.

The anime adaptation still has a bit of fillers here and there, but they don't detract too much from the main story.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Its even worse if your manga is done monthly instead of weekly, since shows not only slow down to a crawl story-wise, but also later on have to just make stuff up on the fly and become completely new stories, like how the original FMA and Hellsing shows just did theyr own thing after a while, so later on they have to make the same show over again, this time accurate to the manga. Admittedly, it was pretty funny watching Hellsing Ultimate and seeing the entirety of the first show in a single episode :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
DBZ MULTIVERSE IS THE BEST FANSERVICE @ Kenith Kenith
And yeah Frosty I feel the same way, I just happen to prefer manga because watching anime takes too much time. Most of the time the manga is a bit more fleshed out also, there are some cases where I have to watch the anime however, like Madoka or Gintama.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Pretty much. It's kind of a dumb law of sorts. If you want to get into Dragon Ball Z, you're better off watching DBZ Kai, it cuts nearly all of the filler making the show half as long. And the English voice actors are more experienced this time around, making their performances all the better. This is coming from a fan of the original, Kai is a better package.

Honestly, people kind of over-exaggerate the filler in Dragon Ball Z. Not to say it isn't an issue. There's actually worse offenders when it comes to this kind of thing, namely Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Seriously, Naruto had like 200 episodes of filler between part 1 and part 2.

But in the end of the day, if you like something, that's cool, just don't be a jerk about it.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I personally prefer a really strong 26 episode anime to a drawn-out one full of filler.
Same thing with TV series, 5 seasons of something I love beats 10 seasons of something that slowly becomes mediocre.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You might prefer shorter stories, I'd guess.

There are a lot of good anime with just 25 episodes. Short but good, you see.

Yeah, KIU is epic.

I think some anime are epic too. =P

And you can't tell me that you can remember KIU's story, but can't remember anime stories!!! :demon: (I'm partially joking... But you gotta admit that I have a point.)

Manga is still better, though. I prefer manga to anime overall, actually.
That probably is the case, but I can be real picky. Trying to process and comprehend all the stuff happening right away is something I can't do, especially if there's too much at once, Anxiety if you will.

Easily is. <3

It's complicated, but maybe there's a chance I might be able to remember much of KI:U for seeing it often as well as it interesting me. I can't describe much else though.

Dr.Peace

Smash Rookie
NNID
honestAnarchist
Thanks to everyone who replied to my cute little **** post, I actually was confused but yeah I can see it being review copies and triangles with eyeballs on them.
Have a good day.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pretty much. It's kind of a dumb law of sorts. If you want to get into Dragon Ball Z, you're better off watching DBZ Kai, it cuts nearly all of the filler making the show half as long. And the English voice actors are more experienced this time around, making their performances all the better. This is coming from a fan of the original, Kai is a better package.
Honestly, people kind of over-exaggerate the filler in Dragon Ball Z. Not to say it isn't an issue. There's actually worse offenders when it comes to this kind of thing, namely Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Seriously, Naruto had like 200 episodes of filler between part 1 and part 2.
But in the end of the day, if you like something, that's cool, just don't be a jerk about it.
This. Being a huge fan of the original series, I can honestly say the only thing I would retain from Funimation's initial dub is the great soundtrack. The story, script, and general flow of the episodes are so much better in Kai, it is *ahem* NOT EVEN COMPARABLE.

Of course, Dragon Ball Z Kai still has slow moments, but that comes down to taste.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Naruto is the worse when it comes to filler.
Its even worse if your manga is done monthly instead of weekly, since shows not only slow down to a crawl story-wise, but also later on have to just make stuff up on the fly and become completely new stories, like how the original FMA and Hellsing shows just did theyr own thing after a while, so later on they have to make the same show over again, this time accurate to the manga. Admittedly, it was pretty funny watching Hellsing Ultimate and seeing the entirety of the first show in a single episode :p
Try reading/watching HxH. Hiatuses are destroying interest and continuity
One arc took like 2-3 years to finish, when it could've spanned six months.
Don't even get me started on D-Gray Man, I pretend it ended.
. Don't kill me @Sapphire Dragon pls.

Dont mind me, just supplying the daily dose of Knuckles.
Dont chuckle.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my cute little **** post, I actually was confused but yeah I can see it being review copies and triangles with eyeballs on them.
Have a good day.
Don't forget to take your complimentary Knuckles via @ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles or @CliffJumper on the way out!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That probably is the case, but I can be real picky. Trying to process and comprehend all the stuff happening right away is something I can't do, especially if there's too much at once, Anxiety if you will.

Easily is. <3

It's complicated, but maybe there's a chance I might be able to remember much of KI:U for seeing it often as well as it interesting me. I can't describe much else though.
Hey, I'd be lying if I said I remember the plots of all anime and manga I've watched/read.

I usually only have the general gist of the stories and some more important or impactful moments memorized.

If you're following a series, it's good to sometimes re-watch or reread previous episodes/chapters. Or at least read a synopsis, so you don't forget some important plot details.

Of course, I remember the series I liked best. That goes for pretty much everyone, I'd say.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh my God yea, the "Year of filler" between Naruto and Shippuuden when nothing happens. It was the wooorst.
It was like eating a bowl of nails. I mean ****, man, they couldn't even focus on a cool guy like Kakashi training Naruto or some **** like that.

Anyone else watched Yu Yu Hakusho? That's another one of my favorites. Come to think of it, it had a lot less filler than some of the other big series.

And outside of "animu", I'm still trying to find another good action series to get into. Ultimate Spider-Man only has a couple really good episodes, but it tries to hard to be funny if you ask me. Korra is a cool show though.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But really, ya'l mother****ers dont know crap about filler if you havent seen Inuyasha.
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
Cap'nChreest is here....don't move...
He's been here for quite awhile now....waiting.....watching...plotting..
It was like eating a bowl of nails. I mean ****, man, they couldn't even focus on a cool guy like Kakashi training Naruto or some **** like that.

Anyone else watched Yu Yu Hakusho? That's another one of my favorites. Come to think of it, it had a lot less filler than some of the other big series.

And outside of "animu", I'm still trying to find another good action series to get into. Ultimate Spider-Man only has a couple really good episodes, but it tries to hard to be funny if you ask me. Korra is a cool show though.
I don't remember any filler for Yu Yu Hakusho, but I suppose thats a good thing. I remember when I was younger I had the biggest crush on Botan XD
I miss Spectacular Spider-Man sooo much

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, I'd be lying if I said I remember the plots of all anime and manga I've watched/read.

I usually only have the general gist of the stories and some more important or impactful moments memorized.

If you're following a series, it's good to sometimes re-watch or reread previous episodes/chapters. Or at least read a synopsis, so you don't forget some important plot details.
It's the best if a series doesn't have rigidly structured story-line at all. Anyone who has watched a Slice-of-Life comedy can attest. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Of course, I remember the series I liked best. That goes for pretty much everyone, I'd say.
Maybe one day I'll find something I like. It certainly isn't generic OP'd characters though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's the best if a series doesn't have rigidly structured story-line at all. Anyone who has watched a Slice-of-Life comedy can attest. :p
B-but I like series with deeper storylines... :(

And I'm actually following a slice-of-life series now: Shokugeki no Soma.

The other series I'm following:
- Attack on Titan
- Blue Exorcist
- Fairy Tail (considered dropping this one before, but I've gotten too far to do that :p)
- Magi
- Assassination Classroom

All of them are manga, by the way.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

- Attack on Titan
- Blue Exorcist
- Fairy Tail (considered dropping this one before, but I've gotten too far to do that :p)
- Magi

Good choices.
I dropped Fairy Tail, it's just a bit meh.
I would be catching up on Magi but DBZ Multiverse is 2 good
Have you tried Toriko?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've stopped reading manga except for Pokémon Adventures. I just watch anime. Once I'm done with Higurashi, I'll move to completing Angel Beats and Little Busters.

I remember dropping Fairy Tail a few episodes in. It just didn't catch my imagination enough.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

- Attack on Titan
- Blue Exorcist
- Magi

I like Attack on Titan too. Pretty good series and it hasn't gotten too much filler so far. But I can't get into Fairy Tail too much. None of the characters are likable to me.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've stopped reading manga except for Pokémon Adventures. I just watch anime. Once I'm done with Higurashi, I'll move to completing Angel Beats and Little Busters.

I remember dropping Fairy Tail a few episodes in. I just didn't catch my imagination enough.
I've only read PKMN Adventures and PMMM: The Different Story. I don't really watch Anime that often, and I normally only watch upon recommendation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the guys who were behind the 90's Spider-Man series are making a new project. I think it's called the Rocket Men or something along those lines. Hopefully it'll be good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about making that final episode first :mad:
It kind of got resolved, kind of. Ever see the beginning of Spider-Man Unlimited? We see that Peter was living with Mary-Jane before he went into the second Earth. I'm pretty sure that Unlimited was a direct sequel, so he did find her.

Still if there's one series I'd stab a guy to get un-cancelled, it's Spectacular Spider-Man. Or even Young Justice.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Someone once recommended the Desert Punk anime to me. It's only 24 episodes so I assume it may still be deep but one that really gets straight down to it's points.

Has anyone else seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom