• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Did anyone else get any of those Pokemon plushies from Game Stop? I picked up Pikachu and Charmander when I was there to get Halo yesterday.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hrmmm. Figured that was the case anyway, so not really surprised. Still disapointing but it is what it is. Still, Project M is far from dying and this just means the P:M players need to create their own national tourney exclusively for Project M.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If that's the case, then Mother 4 will be the first Nintendo IP to ever depict cigarette smoking. Just imagine the angry parents complaining about that if it weren't censored. :rolleyes:
The japanese version of Gold & Silver had the fisher trainer class smoking...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yeah, I was gonna say the game could just be rated Teen and there wouldn't really be an issue.
Pokémon was pretty much stablished as a kid friendly franchise by then and parents were more strict when it came to rating though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually meant in the Western version, since Americans are the ones who normally cry over objectifying or offensive materiel.

Speaking of offensive, here's the banned poster that was going to be used for Super Mario Strikers advertisement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If that's the case, then Mother 4 will be the first Nintendo IP to ever depict cigarette smoking. Just imagine the angry parents complaining about that if it weren't censored. :rolleyes:
To add to this, Dickson smokes in all versions of Xenoblade. Pretty sure there are more examples too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Project M expunged from Apex 2015 on Nintendo's request.
Not surprised. It's still a Game Mod. It sucks, but I can understand their decision to not allow it. They can't directly encourage it, and they never attempted to enforce it being shut down(and due to how a lot of the laws work, they may not be allowed to shut it down anymore), so disallowing it to be played at a few high-end tourneys is all they can do.

You have to remember that the origins of Project M was by hacking the Wii U using illegal methods. Call it salt, if you will, but I'm sure they still don't like this. I can't honestly blame them here. Sakurai may seem to not care nearly as much, though. It's hard to say.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Except they said it only applies to nicovideo.jp?
They said the endorsment program is only for the Nicovideo, but the permission for anyone to use theyr properties wasnt specified. Also, the Nicovideo program was made by Nicovideo and not Nintendo, so its a separate thing.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Pokémon was pretty much stablished as a kid friendly franchise by then and parents were more strict when it came to rating though.
Yeah that's true but I would just assume that since the re release of EarthBound was rated teen that Mother 4 would be too. So therefore parents wouldn't be able to complain about it because technically it's not for little kids anwyay.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If this APEX rumor is real, I don't think it's DIRECTLY because it's a mod but rather I don't think Nintendo wants Project M going head-to-head with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (two games: one with an extremely huge fanbase and community, the other is a highky anticipated new game on a currently struggling console).

Once the Smash Wii U hype has died down a bit, Nintendo might go less harsh on PM down the road.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yes, we will call the doctor to prescribe some KOs to you. :4drmario:

Serves you well for implying I'm not sane or healthy in any way. :evil:

http://www.woodenplankstudios.com/comics/stupid-smash-comics-shulk/

Basically, you're like Shulk when it comes to Paper Mario. :smirk:
Not gonna lie, I am obsessed.

In fact, what i have not told you is I actually did played more TTYD on dolphin then my gc copy even if my file is blocked at a 99:99 playtime.

The reason is because shortly after I beat the game for the first time, I started to glitch hunt the game to make it more viable for speedrunning (I wanted it to get more love and honestly, not much was tested at the time I arrived). It started for console for like a month (which is when I found the today useful bookcase jump), but it went to a full dolphin setup with cheat engine as ram watch (it is useful but painful to use). I clocked so much hours of testing stuff that I probably was the most active tester at the time with having rare people to have a powerful enough pc and interest enough in the game. I found several impossibilities because of that (yes, that includes ultra hammer early which btw, I hate this damm chest so much).

I then left for personal reasons before comming back for a month when I found some stuff. After my 6th months in total, I concluded that the game was way too solid to expect big progression.

2 months later, I came and this is where my support history and my activities slowly started as I became OP of the thread.

Today, people are now testing a lot more the Japanese version because ultra hammer early was found only on that version (I can explain why US doesn't work, but it's too long). I'm still a mod in Almo's chat (most active TTYD speedrunner on twitch) even though I lack times to watch him.

I already got myself ready to do some test on JP, but again, I lack times.

The thing that will confirm my obsession with TTYD is the fact that I did more than 150 saves of any point in the game by playing normally in Dolphin. That way testing was way easier, but each saves was done manually with a crappy running dolphin at average of 35-40 fps...it took a week + a week of break :)

I need to do them for JP, but with a 50-55 fps dolphin. I may try it on my next vacation, but that's really the base of glitch hunting.

Fun fact, I decided to do it after doing like more than 10 times the whole ch3...it was so annoying when you want to test ch4...

So, yeah, I am obsessed, but I love to do so :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I actually meant in the Western version, since Americans are the ones who normally cry over objectifying or offensive materiel.

Speaking of offensive, here's the banned poster that was going to be used for Super Mario Strikers advertisement.

I know right!
The bag is uneven. Why is it not symmetrical?!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

WHAT.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If this APEX rumor is real, I don't think it's DIRECTLY because it's a mod but rather I don't think Nintendo wants Project M going head-to-head with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (two games: one with an extremely huge fanbase and community, the other is a highky anticipated new game on a currently struggling console).

Once the Smash Wii U hype has died down a bit, Nintendo might go less harsh on PM down the road.
This is a fair point too. Honestly, I'm very disappointed that Smash 4 isn't getting many tourneys lately. I understand that the 3DS version due to its control system(it can be hard to play for long) and perhaps its stage list might not be preferrable. But I thought even Brawl got more of a chance to shine after it was released. :/

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader

Pretty much. I do wonder if we'l ever see Project B or whatever using 4 as a Base, but who can really tell at this point.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
image.jpg
At first I was pessimistic, but then I remembered I live within driving distance of the Mall of America. SO MUCH HYPE

Edit: Image was too big, spoilered.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Believe it or not, that ad was real and long rejected until someone on Twitter had discovered the original image. Even Nintendo themselves know when certain things might not fly when it comes to advertising their games (but we did get the humping mouse in one Game Boy Micro ad for some odd reason)

D

Deleted member

This is a fair point too. Honestly, I'm very disappointed that Smash 4 isn't getting many tourneys lately. I understand that the 3DS version due to its control system(it can be hard to play for long) and perhaps its stage list might not be preferrable. But I thought even Brawl got more of a chance to shine after it was released. :/
I would assume it's because tournaments currently have to be run on the 3DS version. In terms of streaming and spectating and everything else that goes into a tournament, the Wii U version is just more efficient. I doubt it's anything serious.

Pretty much. I do wonder if we'l ever see Project B or whatever using 4 as a Base, but who can really tell at this point.
With 100% more random tripping!

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade is T rated tho
And the smoking fisherman was removed in localized versions. I was just pointing out that if Mother 4 was to be official, it wouldn't be the first instance of smoking in a Nintendo game, and your example of the fisherman was removed in localized versions.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Project B?

So basically slow down the game to a crawl, make everyone suck except for one or two characters, discourage offense as much as possible, and make sure to include game breaking mechanics that further emphasises the design flaws.

Ten outta ten. TEN OUTTA TEN. HUNDRED OUTTA HUNDRED. BEST MOD. BEST MOD.

D

Deleted member

Project B?

So basically slow down the game to a crawl, make everyone suck except for one or two characters, discourage offense as much as possible, and make sure to include game breaking mechanics that further emphasises the design flaws.

BUT IT HAZ WOLPH AND LOOCAS!!!

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So now we get Nintendo-sponsored Rule 34 or something? Oh boy...
Well, they used to have love hotels.
Project B?

Durr hurr wavedashing durr hurr Roy durr hurr.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Project B?

You know what I meant :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Wait a minute. I'm a smash apprentice right? So does that mean if I reach ace and above, I get paid? :D
Edit: oh, wait crap. I'm a journeyman. Do
I still get paid?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. I'm a smash apprentice right? So does that mean if I reach ace and above, I get paid? :D
Edit: oh, wait crap. I'm a journeyman. Does this still mean I get paid?
Nope. You get no money from me. Or anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, the more I think about it, Project M wasn't really that liked to begin with at Nintendo.
Think about it, it's a great mod that had a lot of work put in but keeps doing the same thing : turning Brawl to Melee. Do you think Nintendo and even Sakurai likes to keep reminded that "Melee was better, the rest was kinda sucky" ?
It's like you've created a great art, that everyone loves and keeps saying that it's the best, but then you create an other art and suddenly the same people yell at it because "It's not like before" and changes it back to the previous art. It's great to see that you've made something amazing for people, but gets frustratring when the same people hates your other works because they aren't like the art from before.

I'm not surprised that Nintendo doesn't want to see the face of Project M because they got their own game, waiting to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom