• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I bet people who had hope for Sonic Boom feel like idiots now considering that its the worst Sonic game in history. Even Sonic '06, despite its flaws, was fun in some ways. Sonic Boom is an all time low.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Melee was to be released in VC, would you want it to be the original version or Melee HD?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't know, looking at it now from an idiot in the modern age, I can't say it's that good, though I'll try to read more later.
Also...
View attachment 29782
I never thought in my life I would see Neopets again. Those were the days...
Well, I was 12 when I first started reading it...maybe my tastes weren't and may still not be great.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I bet people who had hope for Sonic Boom feel like idiots now considering that its the worst Sonic game in history. Even Sonic '06, despite its flaws, was fun in some ways. Sonic Boom is an all time low.
By fun you mean it was hilariously bad? 'cos that's what both 06 and Boom have in common.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What about Sonic '06?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Sonic '06 was atleast fun in SOME ways. Sonic Boom literally has no fun factor to it, therefore being the worst Sonic game ever. It ISN'T hilariously bad like '06, i's just BAD in ALL WAYS.

Soul.

If Melee was to be released in VC, would you want it to be the original version or Melee HD?
Melee HD of course. Same gameplay, just with upscaled graphics. And more waveshines.
And Pichu. :troll:
Sonic '06 was atleast fun in SOME ways. Sonic Boom literally has no fun factor to it, therefore being the worst Sonic game ever. It ISN'T hilariously bad like '06, i's just BAD in ALL WAYS.
I heard they tried to make Sonic '06 a good game, but given the deadlines and stuff for release, they had to keep the game as it is and that's why you see numerous glitches.
Sonic Boom, on the other hand.....

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone wants to battle ? I'm bored and want to fight something other than the FG idios on it.
By the way, I've found a cool image :

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
So is this now the "Repost Popular Pictures from 5 Pages Ago Thread?"

I've been noticing this a lot recently, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I swear there will NEVER be a perfect sonic game. Wanna know why?

Because of the bloody fan base. I swear, this is why I left the sonic community ages ago. The entire fan base is literally either: Classic sonic fanboys who *****, cry and moan about new games or fanboys who damage control legitimately bad sonic games *COUGH* Sonic Boom *COUGH*. Heck, I'm still like some of the modern games, especially Unleashed, Colours and Generations..... I'll even take sonic 06 over sonic boom ANY day.

And even if there were legit people in the sonic fan base, they're few and far between :( :ohwell:
Sometimes I wonder why things happen like this to the blue blur
Poor him :(

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I skip pages when there gets to be too many for me to catch up on.

I noticed the Smash demo today is at the Gamestop in my town. Within an hours distance there's only 2 others, then the closest one after is two hours away...I must be lucky.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Edit: Totally not a double post. Move on >_>

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I just realized, I need to know this before I buy 8 Pro controllers: Does the Wii U actually support 8 pro controllers? (I think after 13 years, it's time to move past the gamecube controllers)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Because of the bloody fan base. I swear, this is why I left the sonic community ages ago. The entire fan base is literally either: Classic sonic fanboys who *****, cry and moan about new games or fanboys who damage control legitimately bad sonic games *COUGH* Sonic Boom *COUGH*. Heck, I'm still like some of the modern games, especially Unleashed, Colours and Generations..... I'll even take sonic 06 over sonic boom ANY day.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Just wondering, the challenges about Street Smash has to be the real thing, not practice right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just wondering, the challenges about Street Smash has to be the real thing, not practice right?
Any StreetSmash challenges can be done during practice, except for the getting X hits ones, as those you need to actually StreetPass peopel.

Soul.

And even if there were legit people in the sonic fan base, they're few and far between :( :ohwell:
Colors and Generations are the closest you'll get as a real Sonic game. Unleashed was only decent on the Wii version.
I honestly can't see someone defending Sonic Boom. It's just....bad. Nor do I see Sonic '06 being the worst game anymore. Sonic Boom just took that place.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Helpful tip for dealing with new Sonic games: go in with no expectations whatsoever.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Maybe I should stop calling myself "The Ignored One" to "The Inactive One"

Really, I haven't been doing much here those weeks.

Anyway, watcha doing, guys?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Maybe I should stop calling myself "The Ignored One" to "The Inactive One"

Really, I haven't been doing much here those weeks.

Anyway, watcha doing, guys?
Punching people. And spreading the word about The Aura!

D

Deleted member

But honestly guys, what would make a REAL sonic game? Old 2D platormer roots? 3D platforming? What would you guys want?
I've said this before, just go with the same formula of Colors and Generations. Those were the best Sonic games in years and were really good games on their own, I don't see why you should try and fix what ain't broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
But honestly guys, what would make a REAL sonic game? Old 2D platormer roots? 3D platforming? Every character to shut up? What would you guys want?
Probably a new re-imagining of the series that doesn't try to introduce something radically new, or doesn't have a sucky plot.

Or Heroes 2. Or Sonic the Fighters 2. Or Generations 2. Or Colors 2.

Any of those will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom