• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
At least there are some justifications to Project M being taken down since it's not an official product and would naturally create friction from the original developers/publishers. Then again it's sort of jarring how long it took for actions to be taken...
It's not jarring at all. The likes of D1 have said that Nintendo knows about PM, and NoA is "intrigued" by it. Other such Smash community members suggest that they have a positive outlook on PM, like the "intrigued" comment. They have also said that Nintendo can't openly acknowledge it, otherwise they'd have to do something about it. I find that last part odd, because they could simply choose not to enforce their copy rights or IP rights. I dunno, maybe they think that would signal to other 3rd parties that they're weak at protecting their stuff, which I think is bull. Nintendo, furthermore, loves the APEX series (this was revealed in a MIOM analysis (my gosh, I'm not sure, all the sources are melding together in my brain, since it's been so long) of the Invitational line-up, which included Chrismas, one of the leaders of APEX). It makes sense for them to become more friendly to Nintendo. Most people, I dare say, could see the exclusion of PM coming.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
So...

Stage List so far (by series):

Smash Bros.:
Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Final Destination
Mario: Mushroom Kingdom U, Mario Galaxy, Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Mario Circuit (Brawl), Luigi's Mansion
Donkey Kong: Jungle Hijinx, 75m, Kongo Jungle 64
The Legend of Zelda: Skyloft, Bridge of Eldin, Temple
Metroid: Pyrosphere, Norfair
Yoshi: Wooly World, Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Kirby: The Great Cave Offensive, Halberd
Star Fox: Orbital Gate Assault, Lylat Cruise
Pokemon: Kalos Pokemon League, Pokemon Stadium 2
F-Zero: Port Town Aero Dive
Earthbound/Mother: Onett
Fire Emblem: Coliseum, Castle Siege
Game and Watch: Flat Zone 2
Kid Icarus: Palutena's Temple, Skyworld
WarioWare: Gamer
Pikmin: Distant Planet
Sonic the Hedgehog: Windy Hill
Animal Crossing: Town and City, Smashville
Wii Fit: Wii Fit Studio
Punch Out!!: Boxing Ring
Xenoblade: Gaur Plain
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt
Mega Man: Wily Castle
Pac-Man: Pac-Land
Other: Wrecking Crew, Pilotwings, Wii Sports Resort

Green = Starter Stage.
Yellow = Unlockable stage unlocked by Youtube user Beanman25Jr.
Red = Unlockable stage seen in gameplay or screenshots, but not unlocked by Beanman25Jr yet.
Underlined = Returning Stage.

UPDATE: Beanman25Jr unlocked Smashville.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
that sounds like.. a... certain someone that starts with a D and Ridley *shuts up*
Speaking of said person,
D-i' said their OC (used in their Icon) is NSFW for everything but half of his face.
I think their OC is a Mutated Cradily.
Because
y'know
youshouldknow

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I love how absolutely true this is.

Well, for me anyway. ¦D

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember for the longest time thinking Di-Dara's avatar was a girl. I can't be the only one here.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
So.

No Project M at APEX.
I imagine they were kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with Nintendo and all.
We ought stand fearlessly by what is right, not simply what is legal.
Civil disobedience, as it were.

Brawl is still there too. It will make for a nice final hurrah for it, but I would kinda have rather it go out with a whimper. There will be massive jeering this year, maybe.
I had never even thought about the hate Brawl was going to get until you brought it up. Usually I just ignore Brawl, but people are going to be absolutely furious that Brawl stayed while Project M got the boot. I know it's because Nintendo and all, but I know quite a lot of people are going to be furious when Brawl starts. I know a lot of people who are already mad that Brawl stayed.

I'm honestly kind of sad no one is really talking about Project M in this thread. I feel like it could stir up some good discussion.

I remember for the longest time thinking Di-Dara's avatar was a girl. I can't be the only one here.
It's not a girl? It has to be a girl.

Anyway, new song (Bubblegum K.K.):

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What.

What exactly do you want me to do?

Sorry. I was crazy last night. There were many things contributing to that. One of them was Rebellion.
I finished it last night.
After I finished it, I sorta just snapped.
The combination of tiredness, drinking too much apple cider, eating too much candy, and the insanity of
THAT
ENDING

Was a LOT to take in at once.
What I'm trying to say is that it was totally worth it.
I loved that movie. :)
Ingenious.
Knuckles and Knuckles: The Knuckling.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Same here, I always thought it was just a Fem-Deidara from Naruto.

Or, you know, just Deidara :troll:. I feel like there's some kind of Deidara = Marth joke to be made here, but I'm not witty enough to come up with one.

D

Deleted member

Sorry. I was crazy last night. There were many things contributing to that. One of them was Rebellion.
I finished it last night.
After I finished it, I sorta just snapped.
The combination of tiredness, drinking too much apple cider, eating too much candy, and the insanity of
THAT
ENDING

Was a LOT to take in at once.
What I'm trying to say is that it was totally worth it.
I loved that movie. :)

Yeah, the ending is pretty great

I'm glad they didn't go with the boring route and just have Homura go off to heaven like they originally intended. Gotta give props to that random guy that suggested they make Madoka and Homura enemies.

Also happy endings are bull**** so it's good we didn't get one of those.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god. I was feeling kind of sad for a while so I decided that I'd watch all the Pit Smash taunts.

I'm still dying.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Alright so I google D-idara and the second thing I found was a deviantArt page.

I'm not sure if it's him or not but it seems like him, due to the weird lewd drawings and Smash Bros / Nintendo stuff.
This was the most appropriate and relevant to Smash thing I could find.

Oh my god. I was feeling kind of sad for a while so I decided that I'd watch all the Pit Smash taunts.

I'm still dying.

I'm not even upset.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I'm not sure if it's him or not but it seems like him, due to the weird lewd drawings and Smash Bros / Nintendo stuff.

I'm not even upset.
It's him. He's from Venezuela and Metroid-fan.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even upset.
Well, I checked it out days ago. It's pretty much.. him.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I had never even thought about the hate Brawl was going to get until you brought it up. Usually I just ignore Brawl, but people are going to be absolutely furious that Brawl stayed while Project M got the boot. I know it's because Nintendo and all, but I know quite a lot of people are going to be furious when Brawl starts. I know a lot of people who are already mad that Brawl stayed.

I'm honestly kind of sad no one is really talking about Project M in this thread. I feel like it could stir up some good discussion.
I've never played Project M, first because I can't and second is I'm too busy playing Smash 4. But still, I've saw matches of the mod/game, and I also find it sad that they couldn't brought Project M in there. Nintendo is just not interrested about mods. Hey, it's a miracle that I've started to put DLCs, and it was only for money (and fans), but mods, that a different story. Plus, Nintendo in general is a little bit "coincé" like we say in France in terms of competitive games. Appart from Pokemon and Smash, there don't do competitive stuff. Heck, they never does it themselves, it's always an other dev' that made them (Game Freak and Sora). So, I'm not suprised that there is no Project M, but it's still sad to see so much work put on a mod that is still unloved by Big N.

So in general, mods and Nintendo : wait, like, an other decade before they add them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I'm not even upset.
Well he was absolutely correct about the NSFW thing.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I'm not even upset.
Yes you are. You can't lie to me. I'm Blargg888. I can detect things. Like 90 degree angle cucumbers. Have you seen any recently? No? That's because I took them all. Get what I'm saying?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Oh so he draws... that art *shutters* Lets just stop talking about him...ugh

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*notices that there are TWO Style Savvy songs in the game*

*remembers the amount of sales that both SS games had*

Sakurai you son of a gun, we already know that you want another customizable WTF addition in the next Smash. Who knows, you did already add a crap load of female additions to begin with. :troll:

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I've never played Project M, first because I can't and second is I'm too busy playing Smash 4. But still, I've saw matches of the mod/game, and I also find it sad that they couldn't brought Project M in there. Nintendo is just not interrested about mods. Hey, it's a miracle that I've started to put DLCs, and it was only for money (and fans), but mods, that a different story. Plus, Nintendo in general is a little bit "coincé" like we say in France in terms of competitive games. Appart from Pokemon and Smash, there don't do competitive stuff. Heck, they never does it themselves, it's always an other dev' that made them (Game Freak and Sora). So, I'm not suprised that there is no Project M, but it's still sad to see so much work put on a mod that is still unloved by Big N.

So in general, mods and Nintendo : wait, like, an other decade before they add them.
It'll be interesting to see where Nintendo goes once guys like Shigeru Miyamoto retire. I wonder if they'll start embracing more "modern" gaming concepts like mods and things. That said, it'll be a sad day because they brought so much to the video game industry.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It'll be interesting to see where Nintendo goes once guys like Shigeru Miyamoto retire. I wonder if they'll start embracing more "modern" gaming concepts like mods and things. That said, it'll be a sad day because they brought so much to the video game industry.
It's not as sad as realizing there'll be a day Miyamoto isn't immortal anymore.

Soul.

Brawl hate is primarly because of Meta Knight, defensive gameplay, ICs with their chain grabs, not rewarding offensive play and stuff. If Brawl wasn't there and PM was in, Brawl would still be in because PM is a mod and requires Brawl for it to boot up. So..yeah. I still feel bad for PM, but this problem a nutshell:

Also, lol at those Kid Icarus conversations breaking the fourth wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom