• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I don't exercise a lot either.

I never got why people would simply give up on giving meat. Meat provides protein better than any other food. I fully believe one shouldn't restrict to a type of food. Meat, veggies, fish and other products should be balanced.
I just felt really bad for animals. I can't even see a roasted chicken without freaking out. I won't be a vegan for my whole life though. I'll just wait till I become a real man.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wait, now the topic is vegans?

Personally I prefer to eat meat since cows don't provide us with oxygen, neither eating them causes erosion.

Last edited:

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
I just felt really bad for animals. I can't even see a roasted chicken without freaking out. I won't be a vegan for my whole life though. I'll just wait till I become a real man.
You feel bad for animals, yet your avatar is a character who wears a dead jaguar as a mask.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That child looks terrified.
At least it's no where near as bad as this guy from Ape Escape. He's a morbidly obese monkey that crossdresses, likes little boys, and worst of all .... shoots shirukens out of his nipples. Yeah, Ape Escape is just that weird of a game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By eating veggies, you're killing plants.

Animals, plants... All living beings. The law of nature dictates that to survive, one must consume the other. Am I wrong?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
By eating veggies, you're killing plants.

Animals, plants... All living beings. The law of nature dictates that to survive, one must consume the other. Am I wrong?
I know.... But animals are closer to humans...ya know.

I would feel more bad for killing a cow than killing a fly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
僕が只の剣士じゃないぞ!

I know.... But animals are closer to humans...ya know.

I would feel more bad for killing a cow than killing a fly.
I don't feel bad. It's for my own survival, therefore others must perish. Sharks mercilessly eat other fish to survive.

Also, I've seen about farms where animals are actually treated well and it actually reflects on the quality of the meat.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I not a swordsman!

I don't feel bad. It's for my own survival, therefore others must perish. Sharks mercilessly eat other fish to survive.

Also, I've seen about farms where animals are actually treated well and it actually reflects on the quality of the meat.
Translated
That changes nothing. In the end, they're still playing Melee.
When did I ever say otherwise?

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I don't exercise a lot either.

I never got why people would simply give up on giving meat. Meat provides protein better than any other food. I fully believe one shouldn't restrict to a type of food. Meat, veggies, fish and other products should be balanced.
Mmm, not really. Beans, lentils, and corn combined with Ezekiel bread (a bread made from a variety of nutritious foods) is really a complete protein. I noticed the most when I was eating lentils for the first time for a few days that I no longer felt like I was "missing" something. There was no desire for animal protein. I had all the protein I needed.

That said, I fully believe it's something else in animal products we still need that hasn't been singled out in research yet. There's compounds you can only find in animal products, and in shunning them entirely for too long, you begin to lose too much weight and become unhealthy. I know from someone who tried it and experienced this. I'm thinking it's something related to animal fat or some kind of compound found only in a meat structure that we need.

You should look into Certified Humane products. They have a laundry list of requirements for the ethical raising and killing of animals. :)

D

Deleted member

I'm in the process of making a parody of

with my planned/current mains. Homura will be replaced with Mii Gunner Homura, Sayaka will be Greninja, Kyouko will be Wario, Mami will be Shulk, Nagisa will be Ness, and Madoka will be Mr. Game & Watch. It'll be the worst best thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom